2019 Broncos Line-up

I think Adam Reynolds started off wonderfully and just stagnated for a few seasons. I remember him when he first broke through and he showed a lot of promise. Not sure if WB can do anything but he might the type of coach he needs. although saying that WB never had much luck with halves.
I hope Seibold has better luck here. Knik finished the season wonderfully and it might just his time to break through, with a new direction in coaching and some self-confidence. There are plenty of options, either way though, which is a pleasant thought.
If I was the broncos, the players i would be worried about nailing down are those young up and coming halves. WB could do worse than lure 1 or 2 of them away. Him and most of the other coaches down there.
He finished the season wonderfully? I vaguely remember the dragons scoring 4 tries on his side of the field in that final... Nikorima is not up to first grade. Until he has the capability to make just a single one on one tackle in a game, he should piss off to reserve grade.

Last edited:
Alfie Langer, Wally Lewis, Kev Walters, Darren Lockyer, Jamie Soward

Some that come to mind
Alf, Lewis and Walters were already pretty capable before the broncos (not to say they didn't progress in their development, except lewis, but it was complimenting established skills). Sowards skills didn't so much improve as to be used at their optimum with good coaching.
I'll give you Lockyer but he was far from an instant success with a few growing pains learning the role.
Don't get me wrong. Bennet is a wonderful coach and mentor for developing players but halves have been the one thing he has struggled to bring through the development system.
That's why I suggest he would love to get a hold of a few promising young up and comers.

He finished the season wonderfully? I vaguely remember the dragons scoring 4 tries on his side of the field in that final... Nikorima is not up to first grade. Until he has the capability to make just a single one on one tackle in a game, he should piss off to reserve grade.
I suspect we have had some pretty ordinary defenders in the broncos halves over the years but I'd still have picked them. Walters was a terrible defender and Lockyer led the competition with missed tackles one year (along with seymour, they were 1st and 2nd at one stage).
I'm not saying knik doesn't need improvement but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe in that final when it came to missed tackles.
But that game against England gave me hope he may have turned a corner. Regardless, I'm not sure the other halve options are that great in defence either.

I suspect we have had some pretty ordinary defenders in the broncos halves over the years but I'd still have picked them. Walters was a terrible defender and Lockyer led the competition with missed tackles one year (along with seymour, they were 1st and 2nd at one stage).
I'm not saying knik doesn't need improvement but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe in that final when it came to missed tackles.
But that game against England gave me hope he may have turned a corner. Regardless, I'm not sure the other halve options are that great in defence either.
Just on Walters being as you describe as terrible I will say that unlike quite a few recently at the Bronco's, Kevvie would at least get in front of the guys he was attempting to tackle. They had to go over him, we've had quite a few run alongside yelling 'tagged' recently. Walter's at least slowed them down enough for help to arrive.

Walters was a great player and gave more in effort than Milford or knik, but he was still terrible. I think he got better after gilmeister worked with him (gilmeister was a wonderful club man, he did that whilst playing), but he was still ordinary compared to his peers. Langer though was excellent and showed what determination and effort could do.
My point has been lost but I was simply pointing out that defensive aren't decisive in the quality of halves. It's far more important they create opportunity for those around them in attack. Knik I believe does that. He just needs to do it consistently, especially when the team is flat.

Nope haha. But he has huge potential.
So, could someone answer my original question please. What is Andre Savellio's status? I'm guessing he's still in our squad as someone said he stayed in Aus but does anyone know how he's going, is he fully recovered and if he may make the big stage in 2019.

So, could someone answer my original question please. What is Andre Savellio's status? I'm guessing he's still in our squad as someone said he stayed in Aus but does anyone know how he's going, is he fully recovered and if he may make the big stage in 2019.
Pics of him on Instagram traiing with the squad.

Looks like he is fully fit.

Said pic ....
Screenshot 20181215 110343 Instagram

He looks happy enough. It will take something special to push into the 17 with the pack we have now especially coming back from an acl injury. I wish him all the best though I admire his willingness to stay and back himself.

He looks happy enough. It will take something special to push into the 17 with the pack we have now especially coming back from an acl injury. I wish him all the best though I admire his willingness to stay and back himself.

So good to have competition for spots between quality players.

With a good pre season Sav could be a dark horse for lock. I do think eventually he will become a prop.

With a good pre season Sav could be a dark horse for lock. I do think eventually he will become a prop.
I get the feeling it would be unwise to start all 3 of Offa, Lodge and TPJ in the middle. It will be interesting to see how we line up and if he changes regularly early on. Thoughts on Sua at lock? Would give the opportunity to Fifita to start.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • mieko
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.