2019 Broncos Line-up

Thanks to the Courier Mail, you can download this Corey Oates phone background!

Corey-Oates.jpg

I can't think of any side that will have a better bench than Brisbane at full strength, that is a huge asset for the Broncs.

14. Staggs
15. Haas
16. TPJ
17. Fifita

Goodness me, that is arguably even better than the starters in their relative positions.

I dunno about stupid career decisions .
He got a very fat check from the AFL to switch . Much like when Wendel and Mat Rogers went to rugby . He was a show case .

How many kids took an interest in AFL because of Karmicheal and Israel ?

Money well spent by the AFL if you ask me .
The Afl have spent MILLIONS on the sun's and the western Sydney team and they are still haemorrhaging money year after year.

Simple question. If it was such a smart decision why is it no longer happening? The afl have the money to keep doing it. The reason is
everytime afl was mentioned in QLD or nsw it was "ex nrl player", it only served the nrl. Such a shortsighted decision. Most people in non afl states can't name 3 players in their local team, and a major reason for that is the 3-5 years that the star of the team that was the focus of their air time on the sports news in those states was an nrl player who ended up leaving anyway.

Also yes, stupid career move. He would have made twice the money over his career in the nrl, not been a laughing stock (and probably therefore less likely to go through the "dramas" he did), been captain of the biggest nrl club and played plenty of rep footy... But instead he had the problems he had, was playing for the afl's equivalent of the titans (when not in the state league) and blew away the potential to be a great. So, I think "stupid decision" is probably being generous.....

I remember reading your post(lockysillegitimate child) the other day and thinking, how could you possibly know it was a bad decision. Aside from fabulous money to changeover he played at the highest level in two codes and he may have only ever played one more game of rugby league. We don't know if he may have been severly injured in his very next game, we just cannot know. I was under the impression he made plenty of cash and was happy with his direction. No waste there I think.
By that logic no one would go to university because let's face it, we could get hit by a truck tomorrow! Also, you can't use that logic one way. What if he got massively injured in the afl and couldn't get another contract(more likely due to his body being more accustomed to nrl). So that argument kind of nullifies itself.

You really think his off field behaviour shows a person that was happy with his decision? Just like Ben barba is I suppose? Not saying it shows either way but you can't say he appears happy with his decision and use it for your argument when you (just like me) have no idea about his career choice satisfaction.

Last edited:
By that logic no one would go to university because let's face it, we could get hit by a truck tomorrow! Also, you can't use that logic one way. What if he got massively injured in the afl and couldn't get another contract(more likely due to his body being more accustomed to nrl). So that argument kind of nullifies itself.

You really think his off field behaviour shows a person that was happy with his decision? Just like Ben barba is I suppose? Not saying it shows either way but you can't say he appears happy with his decision and use it for your argument when you (just like me) have no idea about his career choice satisfaction.
My point is that you cannot make definitive statements about a persons life choices. It's the road not taken and yes, I can use that logic. Your university comment is plainly stupid, mind numbingly stupid.

Any news on the squad member replacing Savelio?
They will just sign a player in the training squad currently playing intrust super cup....plus the recent signing of Fensom basically meant he won't play this season....So it will be someone like Tanah Boyd, Ethan Bullemor, or Cory Paix

My point is that you cannot make definitive statements about a persons life choices. It's the road not taken and yes, I can use that logic. Your university comment is plainly stupid, mind numbingly stupid.
You strongly insinuated that a player should take the big cash on offer (job on offer over uni) for one contract regardless of career path (decreased career prospects) because you never know what's around the corner (hit by a truck). If you don't understand something it does not make it stupid.

Once again you have reverted to the bullshit you normally do when someone disagrees with you. I don't get where you get this "I'm the smartest on here" bullshit from? I can guarantee you that you are not.

You strongly insinuated that a player should take the big cash on offer (job on offer over uni) for one contract regardless of career path (decreased career prospects) because you never know what's around the corner (hit by a truck). If you don't understand something it does not make it stupid.

Once again you have reverted to the bullshit you normally do when someone disagrees with you. I don't get where you get this "I'm the smartest on here" bullshit from? I can guarantee you that you are not.
Huh? I never mentioned uni! You brought up some idiotic link to choosing uni. Please highlight any statement relating to taking big cash over attending uni. I don't think there was any failure of understanding on my part. Your comment was stupid then and it's still stupid now. You added something unnecessarily. My only comment was that K.Hunts decision to leave rugby league was not necessarily the wrong decision. I didn't intimate I was the smartest or even say that outright, I merely rejected a stupid comment. You read into that way too much. That's your mistake.

What's different about him?

He's not as big as our current forwards but he packs a punch. Has some good creativity too.

I'd say he's a cross between Taumalolo and Tyrone Peachey

He's not as big as our current forwards but he packs a punch. Has some good creativity too.

I'd say he's a cross between Taumalolo and Tyrone Peachey

I dunno, a cross between those 2 players would be pretty much the best forward in the NRL lol. :p
Of course I wouldn't be against it if he actually did end up being a cross between those two (and kept out of trouble as well).

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.