2019 Broncos Season Review

@ParraMania and @tajhay

Coming on to the forum of a team that has just been bundled out of the finals (especially in that fashion) is nothing but childish and pathetic

I work with a Parra fan, and after we beat them by 1 point in golden point I didn't go up to his office and give him crap, we just talked about the game a few days later, like adults

I have not heard from him since this awful loss and I won't at all unless I bring it up.

It's called class, you should try it

That was a wasted 2minutes and 29 seconds. He told us he was disappointed and a review would be done. It's the bare minimum we all expected, but in terms of reassuring us that the same plodders who have been phoning it will not be there next year there was nothing.

This better be good. And if I find out this is just the club apologizing because Seibold didn't, I'm gonna be more annoyed.

EDIT: And it's nothing. Ohhh **** me. You don't need a review to tell you what is in front of your face Paul.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like he's stepping down. I doubt Boyd is either. DT trolling us and sinking the boot in lol.

Last edited:
That was a wasted 2minutes and 29 seconds. He told us he was disappointed and a review would be done. It's the bare minimum we all expected, but in terms of reassuring us that the same plodders who have been phoning it will not be there next year there was nothing.

Maybe I heard it wrong but did he say
something on the lines of it's upto the players and coaching staff to make the review of 2019?

He is really jittery, his eyes are everywhere.

"sports an emotional game"-Paul White.

A review top to bottom is exactly what is needed, where no one can be spared in the organisation. Expecting anything else at this stage is unrealistic.

Still sounds like nothing but platitudes and excuses to me.
I think it was more than that. It was more - we know you are all hurting, but we're not going to say anything that may be held against us in the future.
[automerge]1568612947[/automerge]
A review top to bottom is exactly what is needed, where no one can be spared in the organisation. Expecting anything else at this stage is unrealistic.
I agree, but he stated the review will be done by the coaching staff and the players? So that would suggest the administration side will be exempt as I've never heard of players reviewing a front office in my life.

Last edited:
They must have had thousands of emails in the last 24 hours of people cancelling memberships. He looks like a man in damage control working for the shareholders.

"It'll be up to the coaching staff and the players to review the year, that will happen over the next couple of weeks.."
-Paul White, Brisbane Broncos CEO

A prime example of where this club is going so, so wrong imo.
Do they genuinely believe each and every player, coach and coaching staff is going to be completely honest with their self assessment and assessments of their team mates and coach? It just will not happen. End of story.
Is Darius really going to walk into a room and say look guys, I am cooked, I am no captain, and I am not at NRL standard any longer.
Get an independent review done, players and coach are going to make excuses, and all we are going to hear is how much hurt this playing group felt over this loss and the sub-par year blah blah blah.
They did it last week after the Dogs game. The players and coach came out and said how poor and embarrassed they were after a loss to the Dogs. That had nothing on last nights loss.
An internal assessment from the players and coaching staff is so far from what needs to be done to turn this mess around its not funny.

This video is Paul White completely scared of loosing members, fans and sponsors - and he should be.

They must have had thousands of emails in the last 24 hours of people cancelling memberships. He looks like a man in damage control working for the shareholders.

Yep, I think you might be on the money there Tom, pardon the pun.

If you're wondering categorically where the club is at post yesterday, all that's happened is they've shipped the players home then told them to **** off until Wednesday and a few of the Broncos biggest investors have been on the phone to White passively aggressively telling him to "fix it.", then White suddenly got real nervous and decided he needed to get in front of a camera to make it look like he's doing something. Whatever action does occur from here, all we'll have to rely on is leaks to the press, and after the 24 hours we've had, that is beyond disappointing.

Last edited:
I agree, but he stated the review will be done by the coaching staff and the players? So that would suggest the administration side will be exempt as I've never heard of players reviewing a front office in my life.
That's a job for the board to do, not White.
His job is to wait for the evaluation from the football side, which must delineate a plan and approach to resolve the situation and show a clear path to improvement, including what the department needs from the organisation as a whole.
He must then either stamp it, fine-tune it or reject it and bring to the board, at which point a decision must be made and action needs to be taken without the typical knee jerk emotional reactions that often arise after such a result on the field.

The board may well decide the CEO and management team hasn't done a good enough job of supporting the football department, or even that it absolutely failed to do the job required to lead a NRL flagship football team, or they may decide the CEO needs a football manager to take on that task while he concentrates on running the financial and organisational side of the business.

Regardless, they will need a proper review from the football department, before any type of decision making and action can be taken.

That's a job for the board to do, not White.
His job is to wait for the evaluation from the football side, which must delineate a plan and approach to resolve the situation and show a clear path to improvement, including what the department needs from the organisation as a whole.
He must then either stamp it, fine-tune it or reject it and bring to the board, at which point a decision must be made and action needs to be taken without the typical knee jerk emotional reactions that often arise after such a result on the field.

The board may well decide the CEO and management team hasn't done a good enough job of supporting the football department, or even that it absolutely failed to do the job required to lead a NRL flagship football team, or they may decide the CEO needs a football manager to take on that task while he concentrates on running the financial and organisational side of the business.

Regardless, they will need a proper review from the football department, before any type of decision making and action can be taken.
I'm not expecting White to do the job. There was no mention of anything else other than the coaching staff and players. Maybe that's because it is not his area, but surely the fans were entitled to a wee bit more than the 2:29 minutes of platitudes he served up.

The biggest joke is that they are calling for a second team in Brisbane when we haven't even got one at the moment.

Last edited:
Apparently we're the 3rd most successful club from the 2010's , there's some positivity .

Apparently we're the 3rd most successful club from the 2010's , there's some positivity .

So we got Bronze in the participation Olympics

Great lol

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.