2019 Broncos Season Review

Did you even read any of the post I made back in 2018 - I didnt say haha we won -

I was pointing out the fact that blind freddy saw that Boyd was gone - Milford a Dud - Lodge a school boy bully who only seems to get tough when the games over or hes picking on the smallest player in the opposition team.

But thanks for the advice Champ!

p.s Your Boss isnt a true Parra fan if he hasnt given you stick over get your arse handed to you 58-0. Tell him to send in his membership card and support the Donkos.

Couch it any way you want, you've come on to an opposition fans forum to sink the boot in

And the parra fan I work with is a real fan, and he is also a grown up, which is likely what separates him from you :)

tbh I'll cop it from the Parra fan, but the Warriors fan nah **** that.

The three things that need to be addressed:

Longterm Roster Planning
Where are our halves? Who is planning what areas we need to target? Why was there such a sudeen change in direction with letting Niko go without adequate backup. I think someone needs to oversee this outside of Siebs. Siebs would obviously still have a big say.

Inability to Travel
What is wronf with our prep in away games that other teams don't have these problems. Our performances shouldn't be night and day. Interesting that Sieb's expreience was from Souths, being a Sydney team, they don't travel much.

Mental Tougness
As soon as we face an extended period of adversity we capitulate. We can't bounce back. Believe it or not this can be coached. I want our guys to camp on our line defending against the second string until they can hold out 10 sets in a row. I want us to throw dodgy ref calls at them in opposed practice. I want them to get punished severely when they drop a ball.

Broncos give media the cold shoulder after reports heads would roll
Laine ClarkSeptember 18, 2019 — 2.04pm
Unlike their effort in the NRL elimination final, Brisbane refused to give anything away at their end-of-season review on Wednesday.
TV cameras have been planted and reporters converged on Broncos headquarters at Red Hill following reports heads would roll at the players' meeting after their humiliating finals exit.
Casual approach: Brisbane Broncos players David Fifita, Matt Lodge, Payne Haas and Joe Ofahengaue arrive at the Clive Berghofer Centre for an apparent crisis meeting.

Casual approach: Brisbane Broncos players David Fifita, Matt Lodge, Payne Haas and Joe Ofahengaue arrive at the Clive Berghofer Centre for an apparent crisis meeting.AAP
Especially after it had emerged six senior players had left the team hotel to play poker machines at a Sydney pub without coach Anthony Seibold's knowledge until after 11pm on the eve of their record 58-0 loss to Parramatta.
It was not a good look.
Related Article
Brisbane Bronco Andrew McCullough
But arguably the fact no one was made available to speak to reporters about what was described by one media outlet as a "crisis meeting" was just as unflattering.
Serious questions had emerged after Brisbane's worst finals loss in history.
And it seemed even more had to be asked after the pokies drama.
Has Seibold lost the Broncos dressing room?
Do the Brisbane players lack leadership?
Then there is speculation about the future of some Broncos players.
There are also reports veteran Darius Boyd will step down as captain.
Debrief: Corey Oates is snapped on arrival for the end-of-year review.

Debrief: Corey Oates is snapped on arrival for the end-of-year review.AAP
Veteran hooker Andrew McCullough and highly paid fullback Anthony Milford were reportedly on thin ice even before they were both implicated in the pokies controversy.
Related Article
Corey Oates
But in contrast to the Parramatta showing, Brisbane held firm on Wednesday.
Despite initial speculation CEO Paul White would front, the Broncos did not speak to the media at the end-of-season review, ensuring a media circus outside Clive Berghofer Centre.
With access to the Broncos' car park off limits, TV cameras and photographers peered over a neighbouring fence just to catch a glimpse of the players.
Wary players did not seem surprised by the media scrum as they came and went in silence.
However, some support staff did.
"Is there a rock star here? Is there a royal visit?" one was overheard asking at the Broncos headquarters' cafe.
The outcome of the review may not be known for months.
But like the players seen chancing their arm in Sydney pub Harpoon and Hotel Harry's gaming lounge on Saturday night, fans are hoping what may be a new-look Broncos will have their eyes on the prize in 2020.
AAP
Gotta keep guessing I guess.

Wow it's been a looong year as a fan. We were posting stuff like this back in early April.

Unless a miracle happens I think Boyd will retire at the end of this year. The Broncs will negotiate a nice deal for him but he will be tapped on the shoulder.
With his cash we need to identify a leader and go all out to get him. This side needs an alpha.

Wow it's been a looong year as a fan. We were posting stuff like this back in early April.

Unless a miracle happens I think Boyd will retire at the end of this year. The Broncs will negotiate a nice deal for him but he will be tapped on the shoulder.
With his cash we need to identify a leader and go all out to get him. This side needs an alpha.
We got one but he is on a five week holiday..loves the battle and can change a game in a offload just gets a little over enthusiastic at times..

You know, we would not have had the problem had uncle Wayne done his job properly....

Gotta keep guessing I guess.

Unlike their effort in the NRL elimination final, Brisbane refused to give anything away at their end-of-season review on Wednesday.”

Ooft ow ouchie

Is it going to be a legit review or similar to a "corporate" review where people sit around and push bullshit around the room like dung beatles? And nothing of value happens.

Is it going to be a legit review or similar to a "corporate" review where people sit around and push bullshit around the room like dung beatles? And nothing of value happens.

60/40 to the latter, I'd say.

tbh I'll cop it from the Parra fan, but the Warriors fan nah **** that.
Nah screw that. I come here to talk footy, if I wanted to hear halfwits taking the piss there's always sewers like league unlimited. Old mate can get fucked.

Nah screw that. I come here to talk footy, if I wanted to hear halfwits taking the piss there's always sewers like league unlimited. Old mate can get fucked.
Mate old mate has dropped about 5 comments since Sunday. None of them unreasonable and one I found very humurous about buck the horse. It's not like he's spamming every thread with crap. Winners are grinners.

I was pretty filthy over that 58-0 score line in a final, but now I’m actually happy they got flogged so bad. If they’d been beaten but still put in some effort, or somehow managed to squeak past Parra and then lost to the Storm, they’d likely have just continued to paper over the cracks that have been apparent for years. This huge public embarrassment means they have to address those issues and now we might finally see some action.

Am I happy that it took a 58-0 finals loss for something to finally be done? No. But if this is what it takes to purge the rest of the shit players from our team and get the culture back on track, then I’ll take it.

Well said and i agree.

I'm hoping and praying a demoralizing loss like this actually implements real change not just with players being let go and bringing in new ones but a deep and very much needed cultural change.

We've forgotten who the Brisbane Broncos are. We've lost who we are at our core and it's time we get it back.
I was pretty filthy over that 58-0 score line in a final, but now I’m actually happy they got flogged so bad. If they’d been beaten but still put in some effort, or somehow managed to squeak past Parra and then lost to the Storm, they’d likely have just continued to paper over the cracks that have been apparent for years. This huge public embarrassment means they have to address those issues and now we might finally see some action.

Am I happy that it took a 58-0 finals loss for something to finally be done? No. But if this is what it takes to purge the rest of the shit players from our team and get the culture back on track, then I’ll take it.

Unlike their effort in the NRL elimination final, Brisbane refused to give anything away at their end-of-season review on Wednesday.”

Ooft ow ouchie

and nor should we ... the media can go **** them selves ...

they post 50 negative articles about us since Saturday night (+ another 50 odd since round 1) ...

now they want us to contribute to their negative press ... **** off *****

Last edited:

Active Now

• Alec
  • Volvo Driver
  • Painin the Haas
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
  • bazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.