2019 Broncos Season Review

Maloney would of been the perfect solution as our young and up and coming halves could of learned off him well. Once again we have missed out on a good signing. I think someone like Foran or Sezer would be good for 2-3 years although both players have CONS. Looks like Boyd won't retire so what do we do with him? Center? Wing?

There is a really good article by renouf on nrl.com. It echoes many of the same thoughts people have had on these forums.

Pearl absolutely nailed it in that article. It's so frustrating that everyone can appear to see the main problems except Seibold hinself with his shit selections and refusal to make the changes required re: Boyd and McCullough in particular.

On a lighter note here is something to have a laugh about and take our minds off of yesterday even if only for 15 seconds

3b9f9dc3853fce0874e3408c88dad99e.jpg

The nerve of the soft ***** to show their faces in public. I would have been too embarrassed to leave the house if I was them. Shows they don't really give a toss either way as long as they get their monthly pay cheque.

Last edited:
Maloney would of been the perfect solution as our young and up and coming halves could of learned off him well. Once again we have missed out on a good signing. I think someone like Foran or Sezer would be good for 2-3 years although both players have CONS. Looks like Boyd won't retire so what do we do with him? Center? Wing?
I’d say wing. There’s no way he’s going to push out Staggs or Bird. Remember he was a quality winger in origin for years
[automerge]1568629600[/automerge]
How about posting in one of the other thousand '2019 Review' threads ?
Did you comment on all the other thousand too. Rookie Get a life

Last edited:
I’d say wing. There’s no way he’s going to push out Staggs or Bird. Remember he was a quality winger in origin for years
Yes he was a great winger especially in origin but is that even too much for him now. and how would that affect the rest of the backline?

agreed
[automerge]1568630041[/automerge]
It was a very hard season to watch and I now know how it felt for the likes of Newcastle and Parramatta supports over the last 5+ years.
In my opinion for next year we need to make a few changes but nothing outrageous, just a few switches, a couple of offloads and one major signing. Tell me what you think!

Darius takes a half pay cut, stands down as captain and moves to the wing if he won’t retire.
Milf goes back to 6 and gives $300,000 back to the cap.
Gillette to captain
Resign Glen
As much as I hate to say it but McCullough needs to go. A quality 9 all the difference these days. We have one in Turpin.
Now the last one and most important is our No7. I don’t care what they have to do, kill, burn plain ect but we need Jimmy Maloney for 2 year and that’s that. You won’t find a better half then him to help get us back on track. Success Follows the man and he’s a competitor and that’s what we need. He’ll do a great job of teaching the young guys we’ve got waiting too.

I know that’s not all going to just happen but it’d be a huge step in the right direction.

I’d love to hear what everyone one else is thinking!

Remember this is only in my opinion and no one needs to get upset please.
I am saying Milf, boyd, mccullough and potentially even isaako all get the boot. I reckon Arthars to fullback, farnworth is way to good for reserve grade so he will replace isaako and then we go turpin to hooker and have dearden and sos in halves till their is a world class playmaker on the market. Another solution is keep farnworth or arthars in reserve grade and with the cap space go and hunt for val holmes

Last edited:
Pearl absolutely nailed it in that article. It's so frustrating that everyone can appear to see the main problems except Seibold hinself with his shit selections and refusal to make the changes required re: Boyd and McCullough in particular.

Interesting how The Pearl said the diametrically opposite thing a week ago ;

Agreed, @Nathan Peats. Ubereats about as useless as the Broncos spine.

agreed
[automerge]1568630041[/automerge]

I am saying Milf, boyd, mccullough and potentially even isaako all get the boot. I reckon Arthars to fullback, farnworth is way to good for reserve grade so he will replace isaako and then we go turpin to hooker and have dearden and sos in halves till their is a world class playmaker on the market. Another solution is keep farnworth or arthars in reserve grade and with the cap space go and hunt for val holmes
Who would replace Milf? Isaako is a quality player just suffered from low confidence which resulted in him playing poorly.

I don’t buy a fucking word of it until it happens.

“McCullough told he is free to leave?”

Oh really?!? Is that despite Seibold having ample fucking opportunity to remove Macca from first grade recently when he could have put SOS at 7 against the Bulldogs pushing Turpin to 9 and Macca to reserve grade.

This. All the issues that came to a head yesterday have been obvious pretty well all season (and some fans have been pointing them out a lot longer than that). It’s been a wasted season in some ways.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.