2019 Origin Discussion

something

QCup Player
I think Milf either has to start or not at all these days.

Unfortunately for him, his game doesn't suit impact anymore - he is developing into a general, and a fine one at that. But, the selectors will definitely go with Cameron Munster - who, and I don't know whether this is because of my bronco vision or not, I don't really rate.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I'm not 100% sold on Munster either, but the current Maroons administration see him as a 30 game Origin player. I don't think he's quite earned that reputation yet despite his efforts at Suncorp Stadium. I was largely unimpressed with his performances in big games last year and thought he was diabolical against Sydney in the Grand Final. However, he's been the form 6 for Queensland and he'll at least have this series to make his mark.

I still think Milford like Taylor has something to offer, but neither have put their hand up this season.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Final prediction -

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Scott
9. Granville
10. Napa
11. Kaufusi
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fifita
16. Papalii
17. McGuire

Alec

International Rep
For the last few years, I definitely think Munster has been better than Milford. Milford seems to be in this really uncomfortable phase of not knowing what kind of player he wants or is going to be. He's also incredibly inconsistent, sometimes wildly fluctuating in the one game. He's got a lot of potential, and can look like an absolute champ sometimes, but he needs to do it consistently before he can be an Origin player. Munster probably doesn't have the same ceiling, despite still being a big talent, but he's generally much more consistent.
- Merged

Final prediction -

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Scott
9. Granville
10. Napa
11. Kaufusi
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fifita
16. Papalii
17. McGuire
If this was to be the 17, I hope they'd swap Napa with either Big Papa or McGuire in the starting side. Starting strong and matching them up front is going to be important.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Papalii will be one of the first players picked.

Unless McGuire's calf is playing up, he'll be there ahead of Arrow. I don't like it myself and much prefer Jai's defence, but it is what it is.

Scott > Ofahengaue hurts my soul, but I suspect it will happen.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Is this still the most memorable commentary moment of this century?
Overall, Gould almost calling a player a **** last year is up there surely.

From Origin, I can't remember what year or anything but it involved Fatty and Sterlo with Fatty saying "Oh Yeaahhhh, Sterlo!! What about that one!?!" after QLD scored

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Overall, Gould almost calling a player a **** last year is up there surely.

From Origin, I can't remember what year or anything but it involved Fatty and Sterlo with Fatty saying "Oh Yeaahhhh, Sterlo!! What about that one!?!" after QLD scored
That was the miracle try where nearly every player touched it and Wally and Chris Close were like the only 2 people in the crowd cheering. Would love to get some videos of the other examples mentioned.

EDIT: Not Chris Close

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
That post-game interview between Freddy and Cleary just confirmed that Cleary is in the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter