2019 Origin Discussion

Interesting. I think QLD will suffer though playing guys out of position. Morgan wants to be 7, Munster wants to be a fullback, Ponga is being moved to 6 prematurely. Should be Ponga at 1.

I agree. Ponga is a fullback.. Nathan Brown is just making unnessecary changes out of desperation. I'd be playing Watson at 9 before I think about shifting Ponga from fullback

I agree. Ponga is a fullback.. Nathan Brown is just making unnessecary changes out of desperation. I'd be playing Watson at 9 before I think about shifting Ponga from fullback
I think Ponga is whatever role he is assigned. He is that good.

Su’A will play origin this year and Fifita has developed so much and already in origin question with players like that once in generation kind of players they have every chance to be picked over Glenn. The trials will definitely decide a lot imo.

If both kill in early on they will put a lot of pressure on blokes like Hess and Kafusi. I just cant see the need to rush these youngsters when we have the talent and depth to let them develop at their pace. If they can show they can handle it every week then fine, but we shouldnt be afraid to keep them hungry and fresh by giving them breaks either.

I don't think Su'a will play origin this year.

There are too many edge backrowers ahead of him

Matt Gillett
Felise Kaufusi
Josh Papalii
Coen Hess
Rhyse Martin

I don't think Su'a will play origin this year.

There are too many edge backrowers ahead of him

Matt Gillett
Felise Kaufusi
Josh Papalii
Coen Hess
Rhyse Martin

Kaufusi looks like a shot duck, pathetic defensively.
Papalii will depend on what version plays this year. He was okay last year but a spud the year before that.
Martin I don't think is that far ahead of Su'a, it will depend on who has the worst second-year syndrome.

That doesn't mean I think Su'a is a certainty, just not as far away as it may seem.

Kaufusi looks like a shot duck, pathetic defensively.
Papalii will depend on what version plays this year. He was okay last year but a spud the year before that.
Martin I don't think is that far ahead of Su'a, it will depend on who has the worst second-year syndrome.

That doesn't mean I think Su'a is a certainty, just not as far away as it may seem.

We have lost Val Holmes who was our goal kicker.

Rhyse Martin is probably the best kicking option in Queensland. He also happens to be in amazing form. I would start him if I were the coach

Last edited:
We have lost Val Holmes who was our goal kicker.

Rhyse Martin is probably the best kicking option in Queensland. He also happens to be in amazing form. I would start him if I were the coach

Ponga and Feldt can kick can’t they? DCE does it sometimes.

Ponga and Feldt can kick can’t they? DCE does it sometimes.

Ponga gave up the kicking duties for Knights last year because he didn't want the responsibility.. I'm struggling to see how he could want it for QLD. He wasn't even that great anyway, that's part of why he gave it up. He will be kicking for Knights this year though I believe.

Feldt hasn't been kicking goals for years but could take it up this year in Thurston's absence. I'm not sure if Feldt will find a spot in the Queensland backline anyway? He plays right wing and that's Gagai's position.

DCE is a very average goal kicker from memory, he has to be right in front of the posts to be confident

Ponga gave up the kicking duties for Knights last year because he didn't want the responsibility.. I'm struggling to see how he could want it for QLD. He wasn't even that great anyway, that's part of why he gave it up. He will be kicking for Knights this year though I believe.

Feldt hasn't been kicking goals for years but could take it up this year in Thurston's absence. I'm not sure if Feldt will find a spot in the Queensland backline anyway? He plays right wing and that's Gagai's position.

DCE is a very average goal kicker from memory, he has to be right in front of the posts to be confident

I think Gagai will be centre if GI plays fullback as is being hinted at. Oates and Feldt on the wings, Gagai and Chambers if he pulls his finger out.

I’ve seen DCE kick a few good ones, not the best goal kicker though for sure. But they are all options, probably preferable to go with one of them over a rookie.

I think Gagai will be centre if GI plays fullback as is being hinted at. Oates and Feldt on the wings, Gagai and Chambers if he pulls his finger out.

I’ve seen DCE kick a few good ones, not the best goal kicker though for sure. But they are all options, probably preferable to go with one of them over a rookie.

If Gagai and Chambers were our centres we would get torn apart. Luckily we have Inglis for one more year.

We need to hustle in 2020 to sort out the centre problem.

I'm still hoping Israel Folau comes back to league and we could slot him in to replace Inglis. I'd be all for releasing Bird and signing Folau at the Broncos too.

If Gagai and Chambers were our centres we would get torn apart. Luckily we have Inglis for one more year.

I'm still hoping Israel Folau comes back to league and we could slot him in to replace Inglis. I'd be all for releasing Bird and signing Folau at the Broncos too.

Chambers just got owned last year, but he is better than that. Maybe Morgan or Munster at centre, Gagai was ok.

Chambers just got owned last year, but he is better than that. Maybe Morgan or Munster at centre, Gagai was ok.

The problem is they'll all get man handled by Latrell IMO.

Short term solution in 2019 is to switch Inglis to right centre.

Chambers has been on a steady decline from his peak form.. He needs to really prove himself this year or else Gagai could shift to centre and Feldt could get that right wing spot.

If Kev didn't piss off Boyd then we could have been using him in the centres.

We kind of have to wait and see who pops up out of the juniors because currently we're lacking a big impactful centre that can handle Latrell

Chambers and Gagai were centres in game 3 last year

Yeah he also put in a heap of horrible kicks, turned over possession easily and had Laurel destroy him.

The one advantage to Chambers playing on the right is that at least Gagai isn't playing at right centre. Talk about a real shitty defender.

The one advantage to Chambers playing on the right is that at least Gagai isn't playing at right centre. Talk about a real shitty defender.

I don't want to drop Gagai but I love the idea of two big wingers in Oates and Feldt. I wouldn't play Gagai in the centres against Latrell either

Active Now

• Allo
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • sooticus
  • Wild Horse
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • Locky field goal
  • mystico
  • Brocko
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rookie Alan
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.