2020 Origin Discussion

Mo fotuaika is an incredible talent. To do what he is doing week in week out at age 20 is virtually unheard of.

Massive get for Queensland.

Mo could play 10 years plus for Qld.

Here I was hoping he'd continue to fly under the radar. Be weird seeing him in Origin, never even considered it. Now I gotta start hoping Origin is an end of season affair going forward.

He'll be one of the first ones picked on the bench, great stuff.

Revised 17 with this news:

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Mann
4. Gagai
5. TBA (Brimson, Feldt, E.Lee, Hunt, Mulitalo)
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. McGuire
11. Su'A
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fa'asuamaleaui
16. Fotuaika
17. TBA (Welch, Carrigan, Molo, Collins)

Highly likely there will be no Broncos in the side unless there were more injuries. Crazy.

Apparently Kyle Feldt won’t be playing. Has ruled himself out of selection contention.

Last edited:

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Mann
4. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. McGuire
11. Su'A
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fa'asuamaleaui
16. Fotuaika

This would pretty much be my side. I'd have Oates on the left wing as he has always done well for QLD, and we don't have NSW player pool to not reward previous performances. Su'a has been really good for Souths, and probably deserves a go. 17th I'd be looking at Carrigan

for what reason?

I'm a bit unsure, but I heard someone mention it on NRL 360 last night and just completely forgot about it (Maybe Ikin?)

He's playing this weekend, so I don't see how it would be injury.. Unless he's got major surgery scheduled for just after the season or something?

Well there you go. We need another winger. Maybe we just go with Holmes & Gagai on the wing and run with Mann & Brimson in the centres or something.

Has Brimson ever played centre before? Or we just throwing him into the fire in origin and seeing what happens?

I get moving Turbo and Wighton from fullback due to their size but surely not Brimson..

Personally I'd prefer Capewell playing centre

Last edited:
Has Brimson ever played centre before? Or we just throwing him into the fire in origin and seeing what happens?

I get moving Turbo and Wighton from fullback due to their size but surely not Brimson..

Personally I'd prefer Capewell playing centre

He's never played centre at NRL level. Coming through I couldn't tell you. Holbrook was on NRL360 the other night saying he could fill in there though and he has been very good defensively. Prefer him in the 14 for sure but probably a long shot.

Brimson - 181cm / 89kg
Mann - 183cm / 90kg

Size of the fight in the dog, etc.

I think Mann gets a pass as he's been making 40+ tackles a game since moving to hooker. With 90%+ tackle efficiency I think he's proven himself to be pretty sound defensively.

He'd be almost the perfect utility for the 14 jersey but given the lack of options at centre he's a clear standout to fill in there.

For me the safe option would be Gagai and he's tried and proven. He's also had some decent games in the centres this season. I wouldn't have too many issues with Brimson on the wing though. He has plenty of speed and it's not as if NSW are going to have giant powerful wingers (unless they pick Tupou which would be a massive concern). It's not as if Brimson could be much worse defensively than Feldt/Oates/Mulitalo anyway.

What does the NSW team look like?
1. Teddy
2. JAC
3. Wighton
4. ? (Turbo if fit)
5. ? (Cotric, Tupou, Fergo, Mansour)
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. D Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. Jurbo

14. ? (Graham, Matterson, Gutho, Paulo, Finucane)
15. Murray
16. Crichton
17. Haas

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Mann
4. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. McGuire
11. Su'A
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fa'asuamaleaui
16. Fotuaika

Also like this side. Slight tweaks though, I'd swap Hunt and Grant. Would also start with Tino for one of McGuire or Arow - just go hell for leather early. Plus he'd have gone through a few high intensity finals matches with Melbourne.

This would pretty much be my side. I'd have Oates on the left wing as he has always done well for QLD, and we don't have NSW player pool to not reward previous performances. Su'a has been really good for Souths, and probably deserves a go. 17th I'd be looking at Carrigan
You must be joking, Oates isn't even up to playing wing for the Broncos, let alone QLD

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.