10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. Ofahenguie

14. Staggs
15. Flegler
16. Carrigan
17. Fifita

Why? At present, he fits right into the side.

I watched him pretty much all year at Redcliffe and if he hasn't improved his general game awareness and defence he will get towelled up in defence. Hopefully, he has took stock of what he wasn't so good at and worked on it. It will be his second year as a league player so he should improve.

Alright so we know the team we don't want to see. In all truth i think the team, utilising the players in our current 30 names itself
1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Arthurs
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan
14. Glenn
15. Flegler
16. Offa
17. Backline cycle (Perese, Farnworth, Shiba, Coates, Nui, etc.) as a 20min reward when they earn it in qcup. A good showing in their 20mins outs pressure on the other backline members to hold their position.
Macca, Paix and SOS as depth for halves and hooker to play qcup and pressure 6 and 7.
I think Glenn offers more strike at hooker in the second half when the middles are tired then Macca. Glenn running hard out of dummy half would be difficult to stop late in a game. Parker to help him work on offloads so milf and Isaako can sniff off his runs.

I’d like a side with a bit of energy and enthusiasm. If that means leaving out our “big name” players then I’m actually fine with it.

I don’t even care if we lose, as long as we’re trying. At least it would motivate players like Bird, Boyd and Milford to come back and make a difference to the side. We could even drip feed them back in one by one.

If we were to really shake up the side in order to make a statement for round 1. It’d be exciting more than anything.

1. Tesi Niu
2. Xavier Coates
3. Izaia Perese
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jesse Arthars
6. Jamayne Isaako
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Corey Oates
12. David Fifita
13. Tevita Pangai
17. Joe Ofahengaue

With respect to the bolded......yes I agree totally, I care about passion and enthusiasm more than winning. I'm OK losing if the 17 blokes are bleeding for the jersey. My only issue is lumping Bird in with Boyd and Milf. Bird is a competitor and does not need to be motivated to make a difference. He just needs to be not injured.

With respect to the bolded......yes I agree totally, I care about passion and enthusiasm more than winning. I'm OK losing if the 17 blokes are bleeding for the jersey. My only issue is lumping Bird in with Boyd and Milf. Bird is a competitor and does not need to be motivated to make a difference. He just needs to be not injured.

I still think he could try proving himself in reserve grade seeing as he hasn’t played in a while. There’s nothing wrong with making players earn the jersey. We can’t favour players based on salaries anymore, it’s wrong.
[automerge]1573259783[/automerge]
I watched him pretty much all year at Redcliffe and if he hasn't improved his general game awareness and defence he will get towelled up in defence. Hopefully, he has took stock of what he wasn't so good at and worked on it. It will be his second year as a league player so he should improve.

Thoughts on Vudogo’s prospects if he continues to develop? Who would you compare him to?

I’d say he’s got a similar running game to Koroibete, but definitely more skillful and has more game awareness. Maybe similar to Addo Carr.

Last edited:
I still think he could try proving himself in reserve grade seeing as he hasn’t played in a while. There’s nothing wrong with making players earn the jersey. We can’t favour players based on salaries anymore, it’s wrong.

Thoughts on Vudogo’s prospects if he continues to develop? Who would you compare him to?

I’d say he’s got a similar running game to Koroibete, but definitely more skillful and has more game awareness. Maybe similar to Addo Carr.

TBH i havent seen enough of him so couldnt really offer an honest opinion. I'd say Koribete with a foot brain would be about right.

Last edited:
I love the way that Brandon Wakeham plays at 7. He’d be a nice fit for us.

I love the way that Brandon Wakeham plays at 7. He’d be a nice fit for us.

You mean the young guy who is contracted to the Bulldogs, has 3 games of first grade experience including being unable to beat out Lewis or Cogger during the crazy amount of injury periods in which Foran is out. And only has a handful of rep games playing against tier 2 nations.

He looks the goods but if you're wanting Q Cup players to steer the ship, I'd prefer to stick with Deardon and the way he steers the team.

Easy there Turbo, I agree completely with this and never said a damn thing about picking Bird because of his salary
I'd pick him because he is good, and a born competitor - exactly who we need out there

I feel like if SoS wasn't injured this would be our strongest 17 to run onto the field.
Unlike a lot of people on here I didn't mind Milford at fullback and with a proper halves pairing it would allow him to actually play fullback.
Being able to kick and add better playmaking from the back definitely makes this team so much stronger instead of only having the 1 option on the last, we would now have 4.

With SoS injured, it'll possibly see Isaako to FB, Milf to FE and Arthars/Coates/Farnworth?Boyd come onto the wing.

I'd love to see Carrigan start at lock too but I doubt it happens until origin time.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. O'Sullivan
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Joe O
14. Paix
15. TPJ
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

I’m not against considering letting Milford go. I’m not sure he is needed after this year. He is the best half at the club at present and about the only guy in the backline who has any semblance of x-factor.

However, he isn’t worth a million dollars. He doesn’t make others around him better. He doesn’t win many games off his own back, heck he can’t even keep the side in games competitively. And he has no leadership potential at all.

Him being let go would also back up the mantra of ship up or ship out. If you are willing to let go your best overpaid player, it means everyone is actually on notice.

If they are to re-sign him, I wouldn’t be offering anymore than 600k at most.

I’m not against considering letting Milford go. I’m not sure he is needed after this year. He is the best half at the club at present and about the only guy in the backline who has any semblance of x-factor.

However, he isn’t worth a million dollars. He doesn’t make others around him better. He doesn’t win many games off his own back, heck he can’t even keep the side in games competitively. And he has no leadership potential at all.

Him being let go would also back up the mantra of ship up or ship out. If you are willing to let go your best overpaid player, it means everyone is actually on notice.

Milf has just been the best of a bad bunch. He has escaped criticism because of this. That appears to have changed now.

Why are you mentioning resigning when he's already contracted until 2021?

I think it's ridiculous if we move him on.
It will only add to more people on this site carrying on at how inept the Seibold, the Broncos management, recruitment and retention are when we have an even more inexperienced spine and lose even more games on the back of it.

I think 2020 should be Milf's final year to turn it around. If he can't become consistent, let him go.
He's got talent, but he doesn't seem to have the drive or the right attitude to get there.

I think 2020 should be Milf's final year to turn it around. If he can't become consistent, let him go.
He's got talent, but he doesn't seem to have the drive or the right attitude to get there.

We need a genuine quality halfback for him to be at his best. Which is a big reason for why he should just go to another club now.

Last edited:
I feel like if SoS wasn't injured this would be our strongest 17 to run onto the field.
Unlike a lot of people on here I didn't mind Milford at fullback and with a proper halves pairing it would allow him to actually play fullback.
Being able to kick and add better playmaking from the back definitely makes this team so much stronger instead of only having the 1 option on the last, we would now have 4.

With SoS injured, it'll possibly see Isaako to FB, Milf to FE and Arthars/Coates/Farnworth?Boyd come onto the wing.

I'd love to see Carrigan start at lock too but I doubt it happens until origin time.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. O'Sullivan
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Joe O
14. Paix
15. TPJ
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

swap Joe O and Carrigan and you're on the money

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Tim K
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • HarryAllan7
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Griffo
  • MrMoore
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.