10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. TPJ

14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Flegler
17. Gillett

Folau far out I hadn’t even thought of him. Obviously wouldn’t be amazing for our PR either though.

1. Holmes (if not, Isaako)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Halfback Signing (Probably Sezer)
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Gilett
13. TPJ

14. McCullough
15. Offa
16. Flegler
17. Glenn

Folau far out I hadn’t even thought of him. Obviously wouldn’t be amazing for our PR either though.

I'm just going to go off on a tangent here for a second - I see a lot of people mentioning 'PR' in their posts about this footy club. When did this become such a thing?

We are a footy team, on field success should be the number priority above all else. Yes, we're a publicly listed company and all that bullshit, but **** this PR garbage. If we want a new captain and Matt Lodge is the best person to help lead us to on-field success, then what the PR team thinks shouldn't rate a mention.

That said, Folau can **** off - not because of PR, but because he's a fucking deadshit.

I'm just going to go off on a tangent here for a second - I see a lot of people mentioning 'PR' in their posts about this footy club. When did this become such a thing?

We are a footy team, on field success should be the number priority above all else. Yes, we're a publicly listed company and all that bullshit, but **** this PR garbage. If we want a new captain and Matt Lodge is the best person to help lead us to on-field success, then what the PR team thinks shouldn't rate a mention.

That said, Folau can **** off - not because of PR, but because he's a fucking deadshit.

I’d much rather Folau turn out for us than Lodge be captain

I'm not sure about you guys, but we're so early in the off-season my team looks like...

1. Not Boyd
4. Not Glenn
5. Not Isaako
7. Not Turpin
9. Not McCullough
13. Not Ofahengaue

I can go either way on Glenn, Gillett, Milford and Oates as well.

With Isaako, I'm surprised that fans on here were so shocked with his form. His best asset was his kicking game and the odd run he'd make in-field. When it came to making tough carries, defence, finishing, ability under the high ball he was always suspect. I thought if he was going to make it as a first grader, it would be at fullback and there's still a possibility that he'll make it there but the situation now is a lot more desperate than it was this time last year.

I really don't know what the future holds for him, but based on this season I don't think it's at Brisbane. Fortunately for him, he's shown enough that another club will offer him another opportunity, or he could even find himself in Super Rugby.

Last edited:
Both wing at this stage, on the right. I like the way Farnworth has improved in two years and is now an excellent finisher. Being on the wing allows him to roam a bit which he did to get effect for Norths this year. He scored a try against Ipswich on the left which showed great awareness.

Coates wing because he can settle in and watch a game, learn and observe. Same as Herbie then that allows him to learn to read the game and be there to finish. Also like the U18 Origin means he can come in and run mid field which is when he is most dangerous. He wasn't confident enough in ISC or NRL to do it yet. That tells me still learning at that level if he can leave.

But of the two, Herbie is the most ready to play centre.

What are your thoughts on Perese mate? After watching him a lot this year, i dont see a center in him at all. I find him a bit lazy at times and i dont think his awareness defensively has improved as much as i hoped it would. He still doesnt seem totally at ease playing league yet. I do think he would do some real damage as a winger. He isnt the biggest, but he could just play simple and do what he excels at which is just running hard.

On a side note, sad to Aaron Whitchurch retiring for Reddy. If he could have improved his ball handling, i think there was a pretty decent NRL player in him.

Last edited:
What dreams are made of:

1. Holmes
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Folau
5. Issako
6. Milford
7. Sezer
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. TPJ

14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Flegler
17. Gillett

Now THAT is a premiership winning team.

I'm not sure about you guys, but we're so early my team looks like...

1. Not Boyd
4. Not Glenn
5. Not Isaako
7. Not Turpin
9. Not McCullough

I can go either way on Glenn, Gillett, Milford and Oates.

Don't agree about Glenn - he was our most consistent this year.

Isaako - it was second year syndrome this year and some private issues. He has the ingredients.

Although McCullough was good in patches, it was only when his position was under threat by Turpin and Seggs. Turpin offers tougher defence and better attack though - time for McC to go with the club's best wishes.

Boyd - just go!

Gillett? I think next year he should come off the bench - as a way of capturing a bit of his attack - fresh legs late in each half. He may improve next year - two years since the neck injury, but we'll see.

Isaako - it was second year syndrome this year and some private issues. He has the ingredients.

Although McCullough was good in patches, it was only when his position was under threat by Turpin and Seggs. Turpin offers tougher defence and better attack though - time for McC to go with the club's best wishes.

Boyd - just go!

Gillett? I think next year he should come off the bench - as a way of capturing a bit of his attack - fresh legs late in each half. He may improve next year - two years since the neck injury, but we'll see.

Being a little presumptuous here, but i think @Big Pete means Glenn at center.

I'm not sure about you guys, but we're so early my team looks like...

1. Not Boyd
4. Not Glenn
5. Not Isaako
7. Not Turpin
9. Not McCullough

I can go either way on Glenn, Gillett, Milford and Oates.
6. Not Boyd
He can play two roles.

dazzat99 said:

Wolfie said:
Being a little presumptuous here, but i think @
Big Pete
Big Pete means Glenn at center.

Wolfie knows.

Glenn was solid as ever this season, and he did as good a job as could be expected in the centres. The play that sums that stint up for me was the lead up to the Fifita try against Parramatta. I was having a coronary when he kicked ahead for himself, but he made it work and that piece of play swung the game for Brisbane.

With that said, I have mixed feelings.

If Seibold's time at South Sydney taught us anything, it's that he relies heavily on edge backrows to open up the attack. We saw this at Brisbane with Fifita, Pangai Jr and even Haas on occassion. While Alex is a solid all-round player, I don't think he's integral to the Broncos premiership chances. That hurts to say, because of all the players, Lexi is by far the most personable.

What could save Alex is that of all the Broncos players, he would make the most sense to take over from Darius. The only issue with that move is that Alex isn't the type of player who can influence a game, he just does his job.

I did edit my original post. I was in the middle of writing about Isaako since his form rarely gets discussed in relation to other players but I have had strong opinions since his rookie year. I think there's bigger issues than second year syndrome and don't think he's a long term option on the wing.

Also my biggest issue with the Broncos team right now is the #13. For a position that could be so readily addressed, it irks me how wrong they've got it this season. How many 13s have they gone through this year? Six? And at the end of the day, Seibold still couldn't find a suitable 13

Last edited:
Prior to the 1992 season Bennett had pretty much decided upon Kevin Walters being the new captain of the Broncos, Gene Miles and some others talked him into going with Allan Langer. Not just because he was a game winner, but he had everyone's respect in the team because that's the type of person he is.

Pete is right Glenn isn't the type of player who can influence a game, he just does his job and you might argue there are better choices, but he is certainly up there for selection should he remain. His got that respect you want from your players with your captain and if your going for that goto man, your going to want one with that respect as well.

And please not Milford.

Last edited:
Wolfie knows.

Glenn was solid as ever this season, and he did as good a job as could be expected in the centres. The play that sums that stint up for me was the lead up to the Fifita try against Parramatta. I was having a coronary when he kicked ahead for himself, but he made it work and that piece of play swung the game for Brisbane.

With that said, I have mixed feelings.

If Seibold's time at South Sydney taught us anything, it's that he relies heavily on edge backrows to open up the attack. We saw this at Brisbane with Fifita, Pangai Jr and even Haas on occassion. While Alex is a solid all-round player, I don't think he's integral to the Broncos premiership chances. That hurts to say, because of all the players, Lexi is by far the most personable.

What could save Alex is that of all the Broncos players, he would make the most sense to take over from Darius. The only issue with that move is that Alex isn't the type of player who can influence a game, he just does his job.

I did edit my original post. I was in the middle of writing about Isaako since his form rarely gets discussed in relation to other players but I have had strong opinions since his rookie year. I think there's bigger issues than second year syndrome and don't think he's a long term option on the wing.

Also my biggest issue with the Broncos team right now is the #13. For a position that could be so readily addressed, it irks me how wrong they've got it this season. How many 13s have they gone through this year? Six? And at the end of the day, Seibold still couldn't find a suitable 13

I dont think Gillett, Haas, Flegler or TPJ are locks. Flegler still to me plays his best footy off the bench, TPJ the same unless he is in the second row. Gillett was pretty ineffective there, and Haas is too valuable at prop.

I think we have 2 options for lock, Joffa or Carrigan. With my bias, i'd be going with Pat, even though i think he is better at prop. I just think the more he plays the better he will get. Saying that, i still think Joffa should get first shot at the position. He has been inconsistent this year, but i think his best footy in a Broncos shirt has been at lock.

Last edited:
Ofahengaue is the complete antithesis of the style of lock this side needs. He's decent at bending the line and churning out the metres, but his defence is woefully mediocre and he doesn't have a lot of strings to his bow. For mine, he's somebody that strictly needs to be used as a prop, especially in this side.

Ofahengaue is the complete antithesis of the style of lock this side needs. He's decent at bending the line and churning out the metres, but his defence is woefully mediocre and he doesn't have a lot of strings to his bow. For mine, he's somebody that strictly needs to be used as a prop, especially in this side.
Agreed... At times Offa was a liability in the middle of the field, and can be very poor in ruck defense.

It's odd because he was massive for us as starting lock in 2018.... I'm not sure the style of lock changed much between 2018 and 2019 to explain that, but his enthusiasm for work in his 2019 stints was just not there compared to 2018.

I can see why Seibold went with TPJ early in the year as he wanted his big impact middle on the field for long periods of the game, but he seems more suited to second row (if he gets his defence sorted).

Pat is the man for me... starting lock next year leading into the captain soon after.

Last edited:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.