-NEWS- 2020 spines ranked

Wild Horse

QCup Player
1. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Brodie Croft
9. Jake Turpin

Fingers crossed it is these 4 players running out as our spine come rd 1. I'm excited to think of what could be when I see that spine. Here's to hoping they all rip in and have a red hot go.

Last edited:

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
1. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Brodie Croft
9. Jake Turpin

Fingers crossed it is these 4 players running out as our spine come rd 1. I'm excited to think of what could be when I see that spine. Here's to hoping they all rip in and have a red hot go.
It will be. This spine lineup is just about as much of a given as the front row. It's the makeup of the backline that has all the ???

Footy Fanatic

QCup Player
Wondering how what would happen if Dearden was the standout halfback in the trials. Would they select him ahead of Croft?

McHunt

NRL Captain
Sunshine Coast
calling him Pies, which is a dumb nickname that should never have been started, it isn't even funny.
My understanding is "Pies" is a play on Piebald (Seibold) and happened to also coincide with a club publicity shot of him looking decidedly chumply at training while Boyd was spruiking a vego diet. A week later the club went into fatshaming damage control and released a story about the coach starting Pilates.

So granted, giving a nickname that might hint at someone's physique like Porky Morgan, Fatty Vautin, Tubby Taylor, Blocker Roach or Big Artie mightn't be funny, but I'd argue that it's slightly less "dumb" than defaulting to Seibs, Benno, Kevvie etc. At least it's not Smell Myfinger.

I'd also like to point out calling Renouf "Pearl" is racist, short for "Black Pearl," and wasn't even original, following on from Ellery Hanley.

At any rate, you broke a site ban by saying it. So who's the real naughty boy?

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
My understanding is "Pies" is a play on Piebald (Seibold) and happened to also coincide with a club publicity shot of him looking decidedly chumply at training while Boyd was spruiking a vego diet. A week later the club went into fatshaming damage control and released a story about the coach starting Pilates.

So granted, giving a nickname that might hint at someone's physique like Porky Morgan, Fatty Vautin, Tubby Taylor, Blocker Roach or Big Artie mightn't be funny, but I'd argue that it's slightly less "dumb" than defaulting to Seibs, Benno, Kevvie etc. At least it's not Smell Myfinger.

I'd also like to point out calling Renouf "Pearl" is racist, short for "Black Pearl," and wasn't even original, following on from Ellery Hanley.

You might need to re-read the post I originally replied to. Those nicknames are what they are and all of them are said with affection, Pies is a disparaging nickname and you know it.

I am not an unequivocal Siebs fan, I’ve stated as much many times but I also want to give the guy a fair go and I like what he has done with recruitment this offseason.

It doesn’t hurt to cut out some of the stupidity and snarkiness that happens in the offseason, of which the post I replied to speaks to, regardless of post-post it was just a joke claims.

The point is, just be a little nice to each other, even if you disagree with what someone says.

Last edited:

McHunt

NRL Captain
Sunshine Coast
You might need to re-read the post I originally replied to. Those nicknames are what they are and all of them are said with affection, Pies is a disparaging nickname and you know it.

It doesn’t hurt to cut out some of the stupidity
Honestly, I don't care about the nickname either way, but stupidity is protected by the Australian Constitution, and I'd go to war over that.

Last edited:

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player

Are we not allowed to say Pies now??

State of Origin Captain
Fourth rated pack. Based on Lodge, Turpin, Haas, Fifita, Glenn and TPJ.

behind- Roosters, Raiders and Storm.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I managed to find my old videos that I made and the one I've been watching is the Darius Boyd 2016 video.

He was the best fullback in the game. There wasn't a fullback in the game that could do what he did so fucking well that year.

If he never lost that form and remained at fullback and Croft and Milford works out this year, I'd be prepared to say we would be back in the GF.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I managed to find my old videos that I made and the one I've been watching is the Darius Boyd 2016 video.

He was the best fullback in the game. There wasn't a fullback in the game that could do what he did so fucking well that year.

If he never lost that form and remained at fullback and Croft and Milford works out this year, I'd be prepared to say we would be back in the GF.
But he didn’t; he shat the bed.

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Fourth rated pack. Based on Lodge, Turpin, Haas, Fifita, Glenn and TPJ.

behind- Roosters, Raiders and Storm.
If you exclude the hookers (already covered in the spine rankings) and include the bench I'd put our pack above all three of those teams.

kooly87

NRL Player
If you exclude the hookers (already covered in the spine rankings) and include the bench I'd put our pack above all three of those teams.
Not sure I'd put us above all of them, but I do agree that the lists are a bit weird when you've included the spine players as an individual unit and then gone and included them in the Back and Forwards lists again as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter