OLYMPICS 2020 Tokyo Olympics

The Australian Rugby 7's side are out after their 14-12 loss to NZ.

You get the sense the Aussie women are carrying this current Olympic team. At least the 'Burras and the Boomers look good.

The Japanese contestant goes ahead by 0.6 in the surfing.

Tsuzuki overtakes Fitzgibbons and is now in the lead.

Come on Fitzgibbons.

I think Tsuzuki is going to take this one.

You get the sense the Aussie women are carrying this current Olympic team. At least the 'Burras and the Boomers look good.
They did last time as well... the men's swimming team has plummeted in quality.

We can barely find 4 swimmers for a relay team

I wonder if the drop in quality of Australia's Male swimmers is more about the rest of the world catching up rather than our quality getting worse.

It would seem that we were living of natural athletic abilities for so long, but now other countries are catching up through better training, funding, etc.

In regards to the women's it would seem they are still ahead of the pack with USA being the primary competition, but I wonder if it could be a similar situation where the rest of the world starts catching up, as interest in women's sport grows.

I'd say funding in Australian Olympic sport is too low to compete with the rest of the world across an entire squad. Professional competitions in Australia are doing the heavy lifting for athletes (NRL, AFL, etc.), due to financial interests, whilst the Olympic athletes are living off a pittance.

Might change with Brisbane getting the 2032 games

1 minute, Souvlaki is getting in the way, clever. Aussie has run out of time I think.

Hopefully Wright can now win the gold.

He has a tough semi coming up, though. Ferreira is a tough opponent to have.

We’re all tied up in the surfing after Wright was rounded down.

This Brazilian dude is fun to watch, I’d he lands one of these it’s all over.

Naomi Osaka just lost the first set of her third round match and it only took 24 minutes...

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Ondi
  • animal eater
  • Locky24
  • Strop
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • levikaden
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.