OLYMPICS 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Yeah the sailors are starting to do alright, might still be a couple of golds there.

I'm excited about the medley relays, all three in the swimming.

It will be interesting to see if the Aussies can find a good breatstroker for the women because the other three legs are all guns in McKeon, McKeown and Campbell.

The men are up against it with really only Chalmers, Larkin and Stubble but Chalmers the only real standout.

Could go with Seebohm for the backstroke and McKeown for the breaststroke. Wasn't McKeown qualified for the individual medley but withdrew due to the workload? She'd at least be competent.

Could go with Seebohm for the backstroke and McKeown for the breaststroke. Wasn't McKeown qualified for the individual medley but withdrew due to the workload? She'd at least be competent.

Yes that is a good idea indeed!

So:
Back - Seebohm
Breast - McKeown
Fly - McKeon
Free - Campbell

That is a legit shot at gold!

Delfour into the canoe final. He will need everything to go right to medal.

Australia currently playing in the women’s beach volleyball.

The two playing are undefeated at the moment. They are good.

They lost but they showed a lot, they might well be up there when the medals are on offer.

They lost but they showed a lot, they might well be up there when the medals are on offer.

Yeah they are better than what they showed today. The second set is an example of how well they can play when they are on.

Teliqua Clancy (the tall one) is one of the best in the world so if she can be on her game throughout the finals then we’ll have a good chance at a medal.

They were a bit off today, and it showed by how indecisive they were at times. They usually aren’t like that.

Two Aussies have qualified for the women’s 3m springboard semi final.

Esther Qin and Annabelle Smith. I don’t see either of them getting a medal, though.

Australian women’s 7’s are taking on Fiji tonight at 7.

The Matildas also play their quarter final match against Great Britain at 7. That’s a good match up.

Another good match-up in the women’s football is Netherlands vs USA at 9.

My mum’s side of the family are Dutch so I’ve always been a Netherlands fan, so if Australia don’t win the gold then I hope Netherlands do.

The Opals also play China in their second group match tonight at 10. Opals were missing a key player last match and they have her back tonight so I’m expecting a better performance. However, China aren’t going to be pushovers so they need to be switched on.

Yeah they are better than what they showed today. The second set is an example of how well they can play when they are on.

Teliqua Clancy (the tall one) is one of the best in the world so if she can be on her game throughout the finals then we’ll have a good chance at a medal.

They were a bit off today, and it showed by how indecisive they were at times. They usually aren’t like that.

They are safely through, so I think they just might have been a little off not needing that edge.

ABC reporting Matt Wearn has won the gold in sailing, to be confirmed in the medal race. Noice!

Barty and Peers win the first set in their semi on their third breakpoint.

Barty and Peers are in control here. I wonder if they break here if they might run away with it.

The Russian team is plucky, that's for sure. They are outgunned but they are fighting hard.

Kerr gets a yellow for an all-ball tackle.

Refs hate us everywhere

Fiji up 14-0 against the girls. Looking like the girls might be going out here.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.