OLYMPICS 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Watching the women's karate and the noises they are making..

Sounds like banshees having an orgasm.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Hannah Green up to a tie for third now, one shot off silver.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Trump doesn't realize that without that woman with the purple hair, USA doesn't even make it past the group stages.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Trump doesn't realize that without that woman with the purple hair, USA doesn't even make it past the group stages.
Trump doesnt even know what soccer is

"Are we the world champions of this sport??
Do men play this sport??
Is this American Soccer rules??
Why dont they just tackle each other like American Football?? "

"I'm not sure Mr. Trump let me find out"

"Good... see that you do"

Village People Dancing GIF by de chinezen

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Hannah Green finishes the third round sitting in third minimum. There is talk there may well be a storm the next two days, so she has put herself in a great position to medal.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Harry Garside lost his fight 5-0.

He comes away with a bronze medal. The first medal won by an Aussie in boxing.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Kaarli McCulloch hits a PB for her sprint, second overall so far. Man it would be nice to see the track cyclists win something, this team has been super disappointing thus far.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Kaarli McCulloch hits a PB for her sprint, second overall so far. Man it would be nice to see the track cyclists win something, this team has been super disappointing thus far.

Were they even going to do anything to begin with?

We used to be so good at cycling, up there with the teams to beat. But for a long time now we’ve sucked at it.

Considering how big cycling is in this country and how good we used to be at it, it boggles the mind why we aren’t dominating the sport like GB. Do we just lack the resources and the facilities to be at the top again?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Were they even going to do anything to begin with?

We used to be so good at cycling, up there with the teams to beat. But for a long time now we’ve sucked at it.

Considering how big cycling is in this country and how good we used to be at it, it boggles the mind why we aren’t dominating the sport like GB. Do we just lack the resources and the facilities to be at the top again?
We were a while back then it basically fell off a cliff and it was just Anna Meares flying the flag

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
One thing that I find interesting is that when the Olympics are on everyone is super keen to watch the athletics, etc. but then it hibernates for 4 yrs.

Even when the commonwealth games are on people will watch it... because we like to watch the Aussies compete and winning

So why is there barely any coverage of the world championships for the respective sports outside of those major events??

I think in Aust they might be aired on Bein Sports or Eurosport??... but I recall a while back now they had the swimming qualifications on for either Olympics or Worlds and I was watching them on primetime.... it had the swimmers in there with their club caps on so you could see who were the qlders, etc.

I feel that it's one of those things that with a little bit of advertising you could get decent ratings out of it.

Who doesnt like watching a bit of long jump, discuss, swimming, etc.

The obvious answer would be that the various world champs are held at different times all over the world and in different time zones, but it just seems odd to me that there is zero coverage outside of Olympics and commonwealth games even though I'm guessing there's decent interest in what's happening

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
One thing that I find interesting is that when the Olympics are on everyone is super keen to watch the athletics, etc. but then it hibernates for 4 yrs.

Even when the commonwealth games are on people will watch it... because we like to watch the Aussies compete and winning

So why is there barely any coverage of the world championships for the respective sports outside of those major events??

I think in Aust they might be aired on Bein Sports or Eurosport??... but I recall a while back now they had the swimming qualifications on for either Olympics or Worlds and I was watching them on primetime.... it had the swimmers in there with their club caps on so you could see who were the qlders, etc.

I feel that it's one of those things that with a little bit of advertising you could get decent ratings out of it.

Who knows. Europe has been running the Golden League or whatever it is called for years and look at how good the European countries are going now. Like, we had a Norwegian hurdle runner break a decades old record in the event. Poland smashes the relays, Italy has won a number of athletics gold medals, etc. It is clearly paying off for them. Australia needs to get more involved in that.

As for track cycling, I know Australia's best female is missing and the best male is injured but you would think there would be something under that. Even McCullough isn't what she should be.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Women's madison time. Australia SHOULD be a medal chance but you know what, no one will take them seriously, so they might be a chance oddly enough.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
This cycling, it’s insane, I have no idea wtf is going on and yet it’s still infinitely more interesting than the footy on the other channel

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

The obvious answer would be that the various world champs are held at different times all over the world and in different time zones, but it just seems odd to me that there is zero coverage outside of Olympics and commonwealth games even though I'm guessing there's decent interest in what's happening

Because there’s no money it from a broadcast/advertising perspective. Olympics has them all in one place for two weeks and guaranteed viewers. Athletics WC might have maybe 50k viewers if at a decent time slot.

Plus we haven’t had people stuck in their homes with nothing else to do until now, so that’s the only thing they can really do right now

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Final of the modern pentathlon is on. This seems like a weird event. Essentially you compete for a couple of second advantage at the end, so basically anyone can still win it really.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Netherlands win gold in the women’s hockey beating Argentina 3-1.

Niceeee.

No surprise really, they are the world #1 in the women’s rankings.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Women’s Javelin final coming up in 8 minutes.

We have 3 Aussies in it. Kelsey-Lee is the world #1 but she wasn’t in the best of form in the qualifying stages, especially prior to the Olympics. Seems to be more mental. Hopefully she can overcome whatever mental hurdles are affecting her and win it.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • jd87
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncs30
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Stix
  • Brocko
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.