OLYMPICS 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Both Aussie girls in the back group on the track, well done to both regardless.

They are too far back.

Poland back in it, with a big throw. This last round should be epic.

Hassan bronze. Wow. That's a surprise.

Hall would have actually had a chance if she stayed with the front pack.

Here comes Turkey, I kind of hope she goes big to make Barber pull out something.

Nothing to lose now... just absolutely rip it

Alright, if you've got anything left, it is now or never.

Good last effort... soo bloody close to stealing silver

It's like the bloody discus all over again... 5cm away from the silver

I think when it's Aussie v Aussie in a national athletics carnival type environment then it would build intrigue.

They may not be the top 100 in the world but when it comes to Australia or Oceania we don't really have any idea where we people stand, given Olympics only happen once every 4 years, we just want to cheer on the Aussies or Qld'ers.

We watch the commonwealth games because we know the Aussies are going to win a lot of events... doesn't bother us that they're not top 100.

I remember when they used to have the swimming trials on it was Qld vs NSW/Vic/SA/WA/ACT/NT/Tas... there's not too many opportunities to literally capture the nation on a sporting level if advertised correctly... and it doesn't need to be every sport.

Just get swimming on prime time, track and field through the day or something like that... you don't need to chuck fencing, judo, etc. in there or even tennis, etc. that already have big events around them.

Having to run competitions through the middle of the day isn't ideal, but a lot of workplaces will just chuck the Olympics, etc. on the common tv during the day so it's still getting eyeballs.

I think it's something that the Aust Institute of Sport should think about trying to get off the ground given Brisbane have won the Olympics for 2032.

They should be looking to build up the quality of our athletes heading into the 2032 games now and getting them on the tv creates a bit of interest for the generations coming through.
Yes we watch the Commonwealth games but you got to admit it’s nowhere near the excitement level of the Olympics and I think it is because you know it is not a complete competition.

Trying just a national version of that has it watered down even more.

Other disadvantage is that it is over and done with in a week vs. full season of current popular sports.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love athletics to get a bit more mainstream but the more I think about it I see the limitations on making it so.

Damn you Greg.

You should have given her the last piece of beef. She would have broken that record!

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • Financeguy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • mrslong
  • Gympie devil
  • rj9
  • Browny
  • broncsgoat
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.