FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

And it didn't take long for their hopes to be crushed.

Low cross into the box and Dieng nails it.

Netherlands vs Ecuador next up. A win for Netherlands here is crucial. They have to finish top of their group to avoid England in the Round of 16.

If they win here, that will surely secure their spot at the top of the group and they will take on either Iran/USA/Wales in the Round of 16.

This is a danger game, though. Ecuador are full of confidence after their win in their first match and Netherlands were far from impressive in their win against Senegal.

LET'S GO NETHERLANDS!

Neymar out for the rest of Brazil's group stage.

Nathaniel Atkinson out of Australia's match against Tunisia.

GAKPO!!

What a strike!

Jeez, Ecuador creating a lot of space on Netherland's right edge..

Fucking great save Noppert!

***** sake.

Noppert had no chance with that deflection.

No goal!

Offside player in the line of the goalkeeper. That's an interesting one considering Noppert went the other way before the deflection.

***** sake.

Ake needed to put Valencia offside there.

Netherlands will be lucky to get a draw here.

They just keep turning over the ball again and again and again. Ecuador want the win and Netherlands aren't really handling their style of play.

Thank **** that's over.

That was a draw Netherlands did not deserve. They scored in the first 5 minutes with their first shot at goal, but ever since they weren't able to control the game and were very lucky Ecuador's first goal was taken off them.

They had two shots all game. Two fucking shots.

Thankfully that draw still keeps them on top of the table.

It's an absolute shame that Erling Haaland plays for Norway.

We don't get to see one of the most freakish players in the world on the football's biggest stage.
Agree, that said Norway have the best team they have ever had when you include Martin Odegaard as well, shame they couldn't qualify but Europes depth in quality is stupid high.

Agree, that said Norway have the best team they have ever had when you include Martin Odegaard as well, shame they couldn't qualify but Europes depth in quality is stupid high.

Yet Wales made it.

What a dire performance by England. Southgate is such a negative manager.

That was not a good advertisement for soccer. Was there even one legit chance on goal?

I think there were only 4 shots on target all game and not one really testing a goalkeeper. Southgate is holding them back imo. Why is he playing Sterling wide left instead of Foden for example. Mount is another i wouldnt be starting. I'm not a great fan of Grealish, but play Grealish instead of Sterling and have Foden playing as a 10. Tactically, he's just timid. A braver manager would have a real chance of winning the World cup with the players he has at his disposal.

From what I have seen France, Spain and Brazil look like the teams to beat.

Argentina and England are basically write offs unless something significantly changes with how they're approaching games tactically. Denmark, Belgium, Uruguay and Croatia all look like squads who are at the end of cycles. Can't see Switzerland or Poland being a threat either.

The African sides have been underwhelming but I like what I have seen of Morocco and Ghana, they look the most likely of causing an upset if they can get out of their groups.

Ecuador and Japan, while incapable of winning the thing, are going to be two tricky teams to play in the next round if they get there.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • MasterWright
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Manofoneway
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.