FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Croatia is probably the best team in the world from a population perspective.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Not looking good for Netherlands.

They're dominating in the possession stats, but they haven't been good enough with the ball. Argentina are pressing hard and Netherlands aren't handling it. They're shutting down Netherlands favoured attacking structure and Netherlands aren't getting any chances at goal with only 1 shot at goal in the whole first half.

Down 1-0 at the break.

Netherlands haven't lost under LVG since he took over in August last year, I think they're about to finally get that loss.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
van Dijk is the reason why Argentina scored that goal, he opened the space for Messi to deliver that pass to Molina.

He's been a bit meh this tournament.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That's a deliberate handball from Messi.

How is that not a booking?

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
messi just did the dutch, it's a shame I was hoping for good things for them in this cup but it looks to be over.

Wonder if Argentina win the cup and continue the tradition of australia losing the round of 16 game to the eventual winners.
Might make us feel better and bring the what if, though to be fair it was way more justified in 2006 when we genuinely had probably the best side Asia ever had(I think we where quarter final quality had we got a decent draw).

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I'm not even dutch in any way but they are my favourite European team, something about how loose they are makes them feel like the aussie version of a European so I've always liked their country.

Just my experience from being there and Dutch people in general lol.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Argentina v Croatia in sf1

Either back to back wcf for Croatia which is a phenomenal achievement for such a small country, or a shot at redemption for messi.

IMO, Messi is dragging this team to a final.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
So I drew Brazil for the sweep stakes at work. I can curse any team.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
That ref in the Argentina match had no control. Messi should have been red carded for a start, any other player and i'm sure he would have been sent off.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Organix
  • Cavalo
  • Fatboy
  • whykickamoocow
  • Midean
  • mrslong
  • mitch222
  • Fozz
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • porouian
  • Dash
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.