FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Jeez that was a decent effort from Rabiot.

Poor from the England defence, though. He never should have got to that ball.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
**** that was close.

Maguire almost puts England into the lead..

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
England are really pushing hard here.

France are in trouble.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Quality save from Pickford.

France starting to get some decent ball in and around England's box now.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
And there it is, Giroud got it that time.

That should be it for England.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It actually came off Maguire.

Pickford should have saved it if it didn't. But still, Maguire had to do better there to stop Giroud from getting a clean header.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I would like to know how that wasn't a foul.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That's a fucking foul.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Penalty England.

It had to be a penalty. You just can't do that. You can't even do that in Rugby League.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
And Kane launches it over the crossbar.

LOL!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Never go for the same penalty twice in a match...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Well that's gotta be it for England now.

They were all over France for a long period there and France looked in trouble, but they showed why they're world champions with that crucial goal.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
And England are out. They choked.

France will take on Morocco in the Semi Final. It will be a miracle if Morocco beat France.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
What is it with the Referee's in this round. They are all having shockers. There have been major mistakes by every ref in pretty much every single game.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
France edged it overall. Apart from a few bright moments with saka and Kane I don't think England created a lot.

Don't see anyone stopping France.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
France edged it overall. Apart from a few bright moments with saka and Kane I don't think England created a lot.

Don't see anyone stopping France.

I'm not so sure the way this world cup is going. England actually created plenty of chances when you look at it and yet again in this round, the refs had far too much influence on the result. Frances first goal was a great strike, but it shouldnt have even been down that end of the pitch. Saka, got kicked twice then hacked into by the french defender all in the space of a few seconds, clear fouls but nothing from the ref. The penalty on Kane that wasnt given ( which was outside anyway ) wasnt even given as a foul when it clearly was.

France were just more clinical in the end but they looked very vulnerable. I dont think anyone is dominant enough to be clear favourites tbh.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
What is it with the Referee's in this round. They are all having shockers. There have been major mistakes by every ref in pretty much every single game.

now it's Portugal's players turn to bitch about the refs. Pepe and Bruno Fernandes have said the nationality of the refs affected the outcome of their game against Morocco. Referee Facundo Tello, his two assistants and the video assistant referee were all from Argentina.

their coach has a differing view

Pepe said:

“It’s unacceptable for an Argentine referee to referee our game,” Pepe said on Portuguese television.

“After what happened yesterday, with (Lionel) Messi talking, all of Argentina talking, and the referee comes here.

“After what I saw today, they can give the title to Argentina now.”

“What did we play in the second half? The goalkeeper dropped to the ground. There were only eight minutes of stoppage time. We worked hard and the referee (only added on) eight minutes.”

Bruno Fernandes said:

“We already know how it works … before the game we already knew what we were in for, and what kind of referee we would find,”

“I don’t know if they’re going to give the trophy to Argentina.

“I don’t care, I’m going to say what I think and screw them. It’s very weird that a ref officiates us from a country still in the competition.

“Clearly they’ve tilted the field against us.

“Unfortunately, in these competitions, where there are no Portuguese referees, there are referees from teams that are still in the competition.

“It seems strange to me, to say the least, but I don’t want to get into that, because that’s not the only reason we lost.

“The referee gave two minutes of injury time in the first half and eight in the second. In this second half, the game was stopped, at minimum, for between 15 and 20 minutes.”

Fernandes added: “We knew that we would play against much more than just Morocco.”

Fernando Santos said:

“I don’t think so, I think he could have called for a foul on one or two (more) occasions but generally speaking I don’t think so,”

“I think we could have done more and we didn’t do so. I don’t think we should blame the referee, it doesn’t make sense.”

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • KickHaas
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.