FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Very disappointing Netherlands are out.

I couldn't watch the whole game as I had to go down the road, but when I turned it off it was 2-0 to Argentina and thinking they had lost I checked the score to see how much by and saw it was 2-2 and the game was going into extra time.

From my understanding, LVG's strategy in extra time was to sit back instead of using the momentum Netherlands had to end the game in extra time. That was a mistake.

LVG had said that Netherlands had the advantage in penalties and if it went to them, they would win. That pissed off Martinez and look at what happened as a result.

We should have won that. With Brazil out, I fancied Netherlands chances of making the final. Still, proud of the side for coming back the way they did. Maybe next time.

Hopefully in that 4 years some of the youngsters really kick on.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That ref in the Argentina match had no control. Messi should have been red carded for a start, any other player and i'm sure he would have been sent off.

both Messi and the GK have had a go at the ref from that match:

Messi said:

“I think that FIFA cannot use this referee for this type of match because he is not up to the task,”

Martinez said

“The ref was giving everything for them,”

“He gave them 10 minutes (stoppage time) for no reason. He was giving free kicks outside the box for them two or three times.

“He just wanted them to score, that’s basically it.

“Hopefully we don’t have that ref no more, he’s useless.”

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Is there any punishment for that? imagine if a coach said that in the NRL

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
both Messi and the GK have had a go at the ref from that match:

Messi said:

“I think that FIFA cannot use this referee for this type of match because he is not up to the task,”

Martinez said

“The ref was giving everything for them,”

“He gave them 10 minutes (stoppage time) for no reason. He was giving free kicks outside the box for them two or three times.

“He just wanted them to score, that’s basically it.

“Hopefully we don’t have that ref no more, he’s useless.”

Messi should be thanking that ref he was even on the pitch.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Messi deliberately handballs and just gets a warning, no card. I don’t think he should be complaining much.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Messi deliberately handballs and just gets a warning, no card. I don’t think he should be complaining much.

He got booked in extra time, and he did a deliberate handball earlier in the game which should have been an automatic yellow. 100% he should have gone. A bit like in the premier league like with the big clubs like United, Liverpool, Citeh etc, they get away with it because of who they are, and Messi did as well.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Morocco will play the winner out of Portugal and Switzerland and you know what, they could win that one as well.

I'm claiming this one.

I finally get a fucking prediction right. The Moroccan defence was once again rock solid. Just like Spain, Portugal dominated the possession stats but they just struggled to break down the Morocco defence.

Portugal had a couple of chances to equalize, but Bounou was determined to not let them score. He produced a couple of really good saves to stop Portugal from scoring.

Morocco will be without Cheddira for their next game. He got a red card late in the game.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
You would have to think that is definitely Ronaldo's last WC. Possibly not his last Euro, but definitely his last WC.

He'll be 41 when the next one comes around. He's lost his pace but he's still at peak fitness so I guess if he could maintain that fitness level, it's possible he could play again. There have been a few 39 year old's playing in this WC, and really at that stage there is very little difference between 39 and 41 so never say never.

I think he'll retire after this WC, though.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
England will want to shut down France's chances at crosses into the box. Giroud firing an early warning shot..

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Holy ****.

What a fucking strike from Tchouameni. England down just 17 minutes in.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That was some distance away.

The more you watch it, the better it is. That was a top quality strike and a top quality goal.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Yeah agree. First glance you think maybe pickford could've done better but after a few views, no one is saving that.

England lack penetration atm. France are direct every time they have the ball.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Jeez, Kane should have scored there.

That was a poor attempt.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It was a foul but it was outside IMO.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Well you would have to say it's been just about all England since France scored, but France are doing a good job in really limiting their chances at goal.

England have caused Lloris a couple of headaches, but just can't seem to get that good strike on the ball to get the equalizing goal.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Penalty England!

Unread

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • KickHaas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.