POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game I] NSW vs QLD

Staggs out Talakai in.. as a broncos & Queensland fan..
sacha baron cohen party hard GIF

Centre pairing of Talakai and Burton, if true, is pretty space cadit from Fred though.

I actually think Burton is a better origin 14 than Hynes but no one seems to mention it.
I think Talakai is going to be on the bench... Crichton and Burton centre pairing

I think Talakai is going to be on the bench... Crichton and Burton centre pairing

Api is going to be 14. He was told in the sheds at full time yesterday.

If Freddy is going with Api and Talakai on the bench, lock us in to wrap it up in Game 2 because their forwards are going to be fucked.

Api can cover hooker and maybe lock but those two positions the starters can play 80 and most likely will.

Talakai won’t last 5 minutes in the forwards.

They are going to have forwards playing bigger minutes if they go with Api and Talakai on the bench.

Centre pairing of Talakai and Burton, if true, is pretty space cadit from Fred though.

I actually think Burton is a better origin 14 than Hynes but no one seems to mention it.

Its either going to be a stroke of genius or it will fail in a spectacular way.

Burton is a good selection. Gives them another kicker with a monster boot. Plus he's no slouch in the centres either.

Api is going to be 14. He was told in the sheds at full time yesterday.

If Freddy is going with Api and Talakai on the bench, lock us in to wrap it up in Game 2 because their forwards are going to be fucked.

Api can cover hooker and maybe lock but those two positions the starters can play 80 and most likely will.

Talakai won’t last 5 minutes in the forwards.

They are going to have forwards playing bigger minutes if they go with Api and Talakai on the bench.
Yeah I think their forward pack could struggle... they're saying Haas and Jurbo to start with Paulo to the bench... so I'm guessing they could line up like this:

8. Haas
9. Cook
10. Jurbo
11. Liam Martin
12. Murray
13. Yeo

14. Api
15. Paulo
16. Angus Crichton (heard he's coming in as well)
17. Talakai

It looks a very light weight pack so to me they could be a couple middles short... I would also have concerns about Talakai being able to last in origin.

If they go JAC instead of Tupou as well, then it's going to be a lot of pressure on where the meters will come from

Burton isn't a renowned meter eater, so it's going to be Teddy, To'o and Crichton leaned on heavily to get the meters out of the backs. In game 1 Teddy, To'o and Tupou all produced over 200m so I think they could be leaving a lot of yardage out of their team.

Arrow will replace Cotter in the side.

Taulagi will replace Coates.
I would like to see Arrow start in the 13 jersey over Patty... not because Patty can't handle it, but because it was him that really changed the game for us in Game 1 and it's best to keep it that way.

Also Patty will have a target on his back after what he did in Game 1, starting him makes it easier for the NSW pack to get at him, whereas if he's coming off the bench they may already be fatigued or he'll be going up against the bench forwards who look a little weaker coming into this game.

just reading a report that RCG and Matterson are also likely out with Angus Crichton coming in.

so i'll have a crack at predicting the NSW team for game 2.

1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Burton
4. S. Crichton
5. Tupou
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Paulo
9. Cook
10. Haas
11. Murray
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Koroisau
15. Talakai
16. A. Crichton
17. Sims

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • NSW stables
  • Rambstien
  • MrMoore
  • davidp
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.