POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game I] NSW vs QLD

FUxov0AUAAENtHX

The second angle. Look at him, he was all over the place. If that's a Cat 3, the NRL are fucked in the head.

Apparently the NSW doctor didn't see stumbling, shock horror, and the bunker failed to provide footage when reviewed on the sideline.

Everyone in the stadium and everyone watching at home could see stumbling, but not the Blues doctor.

The NRL are reportedly launching an investigation, but I doubt we'll see anything come from that.

The second angle. Look at him, he was all over the place. If that's a Cat 3, the NRL are fucked in the head.

Apparently the NSW doctor didn't see stumbling, shock horror, and the bunker failed to provide footage when reviewed on the sideline.

Everyone in the stadium and everyone watching at home could see stumbling, but not the Blues doctor.

The NRL are reportedly launching an investigation, but I doubt we'll see anything come from that.

Yep, clear rort.

I think he should be also, but listening to Billy post match Oates wasn't even mentioned when asked. Sounded more likely to be Hamiso.
Sounds like he wants to go with younger players, that said I would go with Taulagi over Hamiso if given the choice between those two, he is probably the most flamboyant winger in the game.

Sounds like he wants to go with younger players, that said I would go with Taulagi over Hamiso if given the choice between those two, he is probably the most flamboyant winger in the game.
I agree Taulagi is a special type winger. I'm not aware of how his cart back into traffic coming out of his own end stacks up though.

I agree Taulagi is a special type winger. I'm not aware of how his cart back into traffic coming out of his own end stacks up though.
15th in the comp for run meters means he must do some work there, I haven't watched enough Cowboys games to know if he does it alot, but that stat alone says he would be an upgrade over Coates atleast.

Geez im impressed with how Slater managed the game last night.

We've seen it with Bennett a few years ago; put Fittler up against a coach with half a brain and plenty of Origin playing experience and he struggles.

For mine these 2 gentleman swung the game back into QLDs favour when they came on; Patty and Collins.

giphy.gif

Great line speed, hit hard, found their front early and allowed quick play the balls...

Pongas work on NSW short side was crucial too...he played his hand well...

This was a peach of a play - once again he notices a NSW forward out on the short side (Haas here, Paulo for Gagais try). Gets on the outside and throws the cut-out pass..

giphy.gif

Im no fan of going to the coaches box during the game...no need for it...

Big fan though of the QLD jerseys...remind me of the pure Marron & White ones from the haylcon days of the 1980s..

Geez im impressed with how Slater managed the game last night.

We've seen it with Bennett a few years ago; put Fittler up against a coach with half a brain and plenty of Origin playing experience and he struggles.

For mine these 2 gentleman swung the game back into QLDs favour when they came on; Patty and Collins.

giphy.gif

Great line speed, hit hard, found their front early and allowed quick play the balls...

I love the lines Pat runs - he gets great leg speed and gets in behind the markers, then hits a gap between two defenders which allows him to push through, find his front, and get a quick play the ball. It's just really good, smart prop play, executed superbly.

And then Collins just ran like a mad man straight and hard, but was still getting down without being turtled so he could get the quick play the ball.

Obviously I have no idea about his life and I'm sure he has his problems as do we all, but I get the impression life is one big party for Alfie.

How good must it be, have a passion, play footy as a kid, play it at top tier as an adult, retire and make it a career. This guy lives for footy. If only we were all so lucky.

I do worry though after the Shane Warne sudden death, I just hope he has a balance somewhere

One thing that did worry me last night was DCE’s reluctance to release off his man when they were shifting the ball, I’ve noticed it a few times over the last few years and during club games but it seems like he doesn’t really trust his inside man.

One thing that did worry me last night was DCE’s reluctance to release off his man when they were shifting the ball, I’ve noticed it a few times over the last few years and during club games but it seems like he doesn’t really trust his inside man.

This and Munster rocketing out of the line are definitely things that need to be tightened up before Game II. The scramble was immense though.

I was also a bit annoyed at our seeming total lack of attacking structure for large parts of the game, though after only a week and a half in camp with a bunch of rookies that's probably to be expected. It was just very clunky. Improved as the game went on though, so that's a positive.

It NEVER gets old when the underdogs defeat the MOST AMAZING TEAM ON PAPER EVER WHO CANNOT LOSE THIS GAME BECAUSE OF THEIR GREATNESS.

Pat Carrigan is magnificent.
Cam Munster had a 2nd half that Wally Lewis would have been proud of.
Xavier Coates was inside the centre he was so far off his wing when he took that almost intercept. He was driven backwards every hit up, and the blues clearly knew he was the weak link, because they didn't bomb to Selwyn until after Coates went off.
Payne Haas was good without being great. He was probably one of the better blues forwards.
Nathan Cleary is a bit of a myth at origin level so far.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • Tim K
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.