Votes: 8 12.5%

Votes: 46 71.9%

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I decided well before the Grand Final that despite the result, I wouldn't be scoring this season any less than an 8/10. Winning the comp would have been a perfect 10, but alas, it was not to be.

You cannot look at this season as anything less than a marvelous success, and as soon as the post-GF blues wear off, I think a lot of you will be in agreement. Nobody expected anything from this side THIS season. We were all putting our eggs in the future basket, but the good times came a little earlier than expected. In a comp that Penrith are currently dominating, we're far and away the biggest opposition they are going to face during this "dynasty". They were shitting their pants for a good 40 minutes of that game, and finals and prior premiership experience (and by contrast our inexperience) was all that pulled them over the line late.

It's going to be a long, long off season, but that is only because of how optimisitic the future looks. Yes there are some creases to iron out, not least of which errors and brain explosions (looking at you Reece. I love you man but Jesus, PLEASE grow up fast so you can be the perfect player we know you can be) but Kevvie, Reyno and Donuts have done a magnificent job getting us off the tarmac and back into the big lights.

Our number one priority this off season is getting these blokes ready for a post Flegler and Herbie world. They are both going to be big losses going by their late season form, but we have the troops to do it. They just need to get their asses out there and fill the shoes.

9/10. Very proud of the entire team and organisation.

It's so bloody tough to go from a wooden spoon to competing for premierships and we only lost to a dynasty team in the dying minutes.

Everyone heads high and let's get 10% better next year.

9/10 for me without hesitation (OK, a little, I was going to go 8/10 but that's unfair to the team really). Our inexperience lost it tonight, as I (and many others) feared it would.

Kev and the rest of the coaching staff have a big job getting around the guys and making sure the 2015 sliding doors bullshit doesn't happen again. But I have faith we will be right up there again next year with all the lads hungrier and more experienced next time around.

9/10 for mine. We won all the games no one thought we would. Games we didn't have reynolds, games away from home and games during origin period. We beat every team in the top 8 and capped it off by smashing the storm at suncorp. We went undefeated at the gabba and our defence had the sting back in it. The team became a family again

Echoing the previous points.
9/10

from Wooden Spoon to Grand Final contenders in three short seasons with some masterful signings and a total change of both culture and attitude at all levels.

would have been a 10/10 with a win tonight, but the better team on the day won with their experience and composure when it mattered.

Absolutely stoked with our team and what they have achieved in 3 years, but mostly with the overall improvement throughout this season.

Look forward to 2024 but also looking forward to a break from footy for a spell after tonight's disappointing loss.

10 I didn't expect us to be anywhere near where we got to at the start of the year, lost the GF by a tiny margin over one of the most dominant teams in history, plenty of hope for the future in this team.

We enjoyed it, it brought the forum together, its just the ending that was a disappointment. Definitely at least an 8 out of 10, we'll look back on some of the games fondly, especially the last Storm one.
If the Broncos go one better next year upgrade it to a 9/10.

9. Dug deep all year, and couldn't pull it on when it mattered the most. Nerves and hype, we'll be strong next year.

9/10. Can't be a perfect score without winning the comp. Still very proud of the boys and they should hold their heads high knowing that they would've won it all with a bit more attention to detail. Going to be tough to get back to this point next year but I have faith.

This is not failure.

A few minutes from winning the Premiership.

I hate that phrase have to lose one to win one, but the experience gained should only help us in the future.

Going to take a while to come down from the highs and lows of todays game, but in a few days time I think we’ll all understand what a monumental effort this year has been.

Finals footy:
Storm 26-0
Warriors 42-12
Panthers 24-26

What a ride

9/10
Really enjoyed watching the footy this team plays. It’s been years and years since I’ve felt this way. They are straight up entertainers.
I’m looking forward to 2024- another year of development in Walsh, Cobbo, maam, Piakura- excited to see how good they can be.
I think riki may find his ceiling next year- he has gone from my least liked broncos to one of my favs. A real effort player now.
Intrigued to find out how the loss of flegler is managed and who will fill his void, and if Cobbo will move to farnworths spot or will mariner slot straight in.
Lastly- also intrigued to see how mozer develops and if he becomes our 2024 #14 and if anyone emerges to take the 7 from Reynolds when it is time.
Enjoy the offseason FFS!

9. But depends how they cover the loss of a Flegler and Herbie as to if they have a chance next year

9. But depends how they cover the loss of a Flegler and Herbie as to if they have a chance next year

I think with Cobbs covering Herbie and Mariner on to the wing, we can cover Herbie.

Willison is the one I really hope can replace Flegs but he needs to stay injury free. I wonder who is going to cover Palasia and I wasn’t wondering that 6 months ago.

I think with Cobbs covering Herbie and Mariner on to the wing, we can cover Herbie.

Willison is the one I really hope can replace Flegs but he needs to stay injury free. I wonder who is going to cover Palasia and I wasn’t wondering that 6 months ago.

Palasia is less of a worry for mine. There will be plenty of blokes around his skill level ready to rotate in and give it a shot. Flegs will be the big one, and getting someone to fit in with what is a pretty fine tuned forward pack.

Penrith lose a centre and prop, we lose a centre and 2 props. Cleary gets a year older, better, more experienced and more confident, while Adam Reynolds gets a year older.

Both sides are a good chance of meeting in the 2024 GF (Penrith almost certainties to be there) but unlikely we have a better chance of winning than 24-8 we had tonight

Active Now

• Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.