2023 Season.. Top 5 Predictions

1. Panthers hattrick - at least the tears from all and sundry about being egotistical/having too much fun/not having enough fun etc etc will be good entertainment.

2. Dolphins avoid the spoon, but also avoid the 8 by some margin. I think the shine is about to come off Wayno this season - that year outta the game might be a bridge too far for a guy that already looks like he might be reaching his expiry date. I still love you though Wayno.

3. Tedesco loses his spot to Suualli. I expect a bit of swapping between wing and FB for these two next year as they do an RTS style transition. Sounds a bit strange to say the Roosters/NSW/Aus fullback will lose his spot but I think the Roosters can see the writing on the wall and will start it early. Perhaps you'll see Tedesco finish his career at the Tigers?

4. Seibold goes to shit, again. I don't rate Seibold as a coach. I think it's interesting how much yardage he's got off 1 season with Souths where everything was already in place.

5. Adam Reynolds gets a long term injury, forcing us into a another disrupted season. More chatter about Adam's durability.
1. Could still be on
2. Looks to be on point.
3. Not quite, but I give myself a half point for correctly predicting Tedesco's decline. Maybe if Suualli was hanging around the transition might've commenced.
4. Not entirely his fault but Manly aren't exactly going great
5. Happy to be wrong about this so far.

1. Broncos finish top four.
2. Dolphins finish bottom four.
3. Melbourne finish outside the top four again.
4. Cowboys miss the eight.
5. Titans inexplicably continue to exist.

Wanted to add the Panthers dropping back to the pack, but I have my doubts about the quality of the pack on the whole, unfortunately.

Two, three and four looking questionable, but not far off the mark. Absolutely nailed five. One almost lock.

(WRONG- Tigers were last) 1. The Knights will be the last team to win a game this year
2. Hook, Justin Holbrook and Adam O'Brien will be sacked by Round 10. Replaced by Dean Young, Brian McDermott and Josh Hannay. Des Hasler to be linked to everyone and people are still questioning why Shane Flanagan doesn't have a job. Mostly because they want him off commentary.
3. Luke Keary to be medically retired and the Roosters will fill his spot with RTS
4. Daly Cherry-Evans announces his "retirement" from rep footy and is replaced by Tom Dearden at Origin level.
5. Ben Hunt returns to the Broncos, mid-season after Hook leaves.
6. Nelson Asofa Solomona signs with the Wallabies after they fail to acquire Tom Trbojevic.
7. QLD to win Origin 2-1. NSW still don't get it. They will replace Luai with Burton
8. The Dragons win the wooden spoon.
9. Cowboys, Panthers, Roosters, Broncos, Storm, Sharks, Warriors, Rabbitohs make up the top 8 with the Cowboys winning the minor premiership
10. Scott Drinkwater wins the Dally M for some reason
11. Fans will despise the bye and calls for an 18th team grow loudly. Calls to cut a team will also grow loudly
12. Melbourne will get a future grand final over Brisbane for some reason
13. The Dolphins finally get their man. Either Kalyn Ponga or Joseph Sua'ali'i
14. The 2024 Origin series will have two new coaches after Freddy is sacked and Craig Bellamy announces he's moving to a coaching directors role at the Storm and being replaced by Billy Slater.
15. Payne Haas to leave the Broncos at season end.
1. Was wrong, Tigers were last
2. Wasn’t far off. Hasler and Flanagan actually got jobs instead of being linked to everyone
3. Still might happen. RTS went to the Wahs instead
4. Didn’t happen. One more year I think
5. He bloody well tried to
6. They bloody well tried to
7. 3-0 but Luai was replaced
8. Two points off the wooden spoon
9. Nope, way off
10. He was too close to winning
11. I’d call this one correct
12. Hasn’t happened yet
13. Herbie and Flegs instead
14. Freddy should have been sacked and Bellamy would be pretty close to calling it I think
15. Thank **** I was wrong about this one

I tipped the Wests Tigers to finish ahead of the Broncos on the ladder predictor.

Enough said.

Im Dumb Thats So Raven GIF

1. Broncos to finish 6th-8th
2. Dolphins and Tigers will play off for the spoon in R25
3. Manly will finish bottom 4 and lose the Turbo brothers to another club
4. Melbourne to barely cling on to the 8
5. Adam O'Brian first coach sacked

1. Never been more happy to be dead wrong

2. No playoff necessary. The Tigers had it wrapped early. Dolphins definitely overachieved but that's Bennett for you.

3. Finished 12th, not that far off the bottom. Tommy T is turning into an albatross for that club (Seibold being the Boeing 747) but neither of them have departed...yet.

4. Finished third but overachieved imo.

5. Dead wrong and if anything he just strengthened his position.

we'll have a second successive season with a winning record. CORRECT

Well finish higher than the Roosters (we were only 2 wins behind them this year), CORRECT

the BHQ bipolar disorder will not be cured in 2023. WE STILL SAW SIGNS OF IT, BUT OVERALL IT WAS ALMOST CURED

Storm to make the 8 but not the 4. WRONG

Panthers to come back to the pack after losing Api WRONG

Griffin first coach sacked in 2023 CORRECT

I was pretty close

1. Broncos finish 7th
2. Mahoney to win the dally m
3. Corey Oates top try scorer
4. Suallii to go to rugby
5. Warriors to finish in the top 8
Eh I got two out of 5, I was pretty convinced warriors would be good

1. Panthers hattrick - at least the tears from all and sundry about being egotistical/having too much fun/not having enough fun etc etc will be good entertainment.

2. Dolphins avoid the spoon, but also avoid the 8 by some margin. I think the shine is about to come off Wayno this season - that year outta the game might be a bridge too far for a guy that already looks like he might be reaching his expiry date. I still love you though Wayno.

3. Tedesco loses his spot to Suualli. I expect a bit of swapping between wing and FB for these two next year as they do an RTS style transition. Sounds a bit strange to say the Roosters/NSW/Aus fullback will lose his spot but I think the Roosters can see the writing on the wall and will start it early. Perhaps you'll see Tedesco finish his career at the Tigers?

4. Seibold goes to shit, again. I don't rate Seibold as a coach. I think it's interesting how much yardage he's got off 1 season with Souths where everything was already in place.

5. Adam Reynolds gets a long term injury, forcing us into a another disrupted season. More chatter about Adam's durability.
1. Could still happen. Fucking better not.
2. Correct
3. Incorrect but if he was hanging around I think the transition would've occured. Half a point for correctly predicting Tedesco's decline (Dally M FB nominee my arse)
4. I'll give myself half a point here because although Manly did go to shit, they lost their best player in Turbo so it would be harsh to blame Pies for that. Still, I expect next year will go as well as this year. Dude just sucks as a head coach.
5. Completely wrong and glad to be. We've managed him well this year.

1. Broncos finish top four.

Spot on.

2. Dolphins finish bottom four.

Close!

3. Melbourne finish outside the top four again.

Close again. They definitely looked shaky. Says more about the state of the rest of the comp that they made it.

4. Cowboys miss the eight.

Loved getting this one right.

5. Titans inexplicably continue to exist.

Nailed it.

Wanted to add the Panthers dropping back to the pack, but I have my doubts about the quality of the pack on the whole, unfortunately.

Yup, pretty much.

1. Was wrong, Tigers were last
2. Wasn’t far off. Hasler and Flanagan actually got jobs instead of being linked to everyone
3. Still might happen. RTS went to the Wahs instead
4. Didn’t happen. One more year I think
5. He bloody well tried to
6. They bloody well tried to
7. 3-0 but Luai was replaced
8. Two points off the wooden spoon
9. Nope, way off
10. He was too close to winning
11. I’d call this one correct
12. Hasn’t happened yet
13. Herbie and Flegs instead
14. Freddy should have been sacked and Bellamy would be pretty close to calling it I think
15. Thank **** I was wrong about this one
14. Went off half cocked here. Freddy gone.

Is this top 5 predictions for the Broncos 23 season - or the NRL as a whole?
**** it, I'll do both.

Broncos:
1. 7 Broncos to play Origin this year
2. Finish 5th on the table
3. Make it to at least the second week of the finals
4. Reynolds to spend some time injured, but we still win a few without him
5. Walsh to be in the mix for Dally M

NRL:
1. One of either Bulldogs or Tigers to Make the 8. (Not both)
2. Melbourne to miss the top 4
3. 2 coaches will be sacked - O'Brien and Holbrook
4. Penrith finish top 4 but won't make the grand final
5. Qld win Origin 2-1
Broncos:
1. 5 out of 7 - I would have thought Oates and Capewell would have played.
2. Happy to be wrong here!
3. WOO!
4. Not sure how many games he missed, but we did win without him.
5. If only he slowed his brain.

NRL:
1. Well dang
2. Even bigger dang, but happy to see them pumelled out of the finals.
3. 1/2
4. Going great guns so far here! But to be the best, we have to beat the best.
5. Qlder!

Well this is looking good! We can also still get that 9 game winning Streak.

Noting Reynolds (or even Staggs) should have been selected to make it 6 origin players.
Yeah that was me./new profile forgot all my Information/
Close but no cigar.
Missed by a bee dick!

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • NSW stables
  • Manlyman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.