2023 Season.. Top 5 Predictions

I wonder if Easts move Manu to 6 and get Young and Farnworth as compensation.
Trying to convert Suallii to centre makes alot of sense now.

They have likely seen the inevitable Keary head knock coming and decided Manu in the halves is the fix for that. With Momirovski there they have cover if Manu does need to move.

Trying to convert Suallii to centre makes alot of sense now.

They have likely seen the inevitable Keary head knock coming and decided Manu in the halves is the fix for that. With Momirovski there they have cover if Manu does need to move.

Yep so losing Keary should result in them having enough money for Haas, Fifita, Farnworth and Young.

So, 23/24 Roosters:
1. Tedesco
2. Young
3. Suaalii
4. Farnworth
5. Tupou
6. Manu
7. Walker
8. Haas
9. Smith
10. Lodge
11. Crichton
12. Tupouniua
13. Radley

14. Watson
15. Collins
16. Waerea-Hargreaves
17. Butcher (both on at the same time)

So, 23/24 Roosters:
1. Tedesco
2. Young
3. Suaalii
4. Farnworth
5. Tupou
6. Manu
7. Walker
8. Haas
9. Smith
10. Lodge
11. Crichton
12. Tupouniua
13. Radley

14. Watson
15. Collins
16. Waerea-Hargreaves

1. Broncos top 3 end of season.
2. Broncos beat Penrith once in regular season and in the finals.
3. Broncos have at least 6 selected for Origin.
4. Broncos go on a 9 match winning streak.
5. Broncos win the Grand Final by 3.

I know Manu puts up crazy numbers as a 6, but I think he's too much of a hog to play the position long term.

You'd have to completely change how the team plays to accommodate him there having Teddy and Manu as effectively one out runners through the middle... It works perfectly with BSmith because he's good as a run first hooker and also generates quick ptbs for the team to work from... but being that direct for an entire gameplan seems a bit one dimensional

So, 23/24 Roosters:
1. Tedesco
2. Young
3. Suaalii
4. Farnworth
5. Tupou
6. Manu
7. Walker
8. Haas
9. Smith
10. Lodge
11. Crichton
12. Tupouniua
13. Radley

14. Watson
15. Collins
16. Waerea-Hargreaves
You forgot Fifita... or is he playing reggies in this lineup 🤔🤔🤔

I'll be interested to see what happens down at Penrith tbh. I don't think the loss of Api can be underestimated, nor Kikau to a lesser extent. They've also had a reasonably charmed run with injuries I think? Nothing long term that I can remember...what's their depth like?

Also interested in the two surprise packets of last year the Sharks and Cowboys. There always seems to be a team or two that come out of the woodwork and surprise everyone and last year it was them. Can they continue on is the question.

I actually think we'll see a real shake up this year. Beyond the big 3 teams (Panthers, Storm, Chooks) , I'm genuinely struggling to name a top 8. I can see the Dogs doing some damage and making a bit of a climb and I can see the Eels shitting the bed. If TT stays fit I can see Manly giving it a shake but crashing and burning if he's not. Same for Souths with Latrell. There's a fair bit of room for movement this season IMO. I think the only team I'm confident will finish down towards the bottom is the Dragons. If Hunt goes down they're pretty sausaged.

I'll be interested to see what happens down at Penrith tbh. I don't think the loss of Api can be underestimated, nor Kikau to a lesser extent. They've also had a reasonably charmed run with injuries I think? Nothing long term that I can remember...what's their depth like?

Also interested in the two surprise packets of last year the Sharks and Cowboys. There always seems to be a team or two that come out of the woodwork and surprise everyone and last year it was them. Can they continue on is the question.

I actually think we'll see a real shake up this year. Beyond the big 3 teams (Panthers, Storm, Chooks) , I'm genuinely struggling to name a top 8. I can see the Dogs doing some damage and making a bit of a climb and I can see the Eels shitting the bed. If TT stays fit I can see Manly giving it a shake but crashing and burning if he's not. Same for Souths with Latrell. There's a fair bit of room for movement this season IMO. I think the only team I'm confident will finish down towards the bottom is the Dragons. If Hunt goes down they're pretty sausaged.

I think Penrith also won the next two grades below NRL, I suspect they will be fine.

I think Penrith also won the next two grades below NRL, I suspect they will be fine.

Fair, but it will be interesting regardless. Can the depth slot in seamlessly like the Storm guys do or will there be a teething period

Penrith is genuinely the best development pathway in the country, they are going to be a contender for the next decade with the infrastructure they have put around their juniors. Just go take a look at the side they rolled out last week in the trial against a relatively strong Eels team and it wasn't close.

That is not even factoring in Nathan Cleary who is only going to get better over the next 5 to 10 years.

I know Manu puts up crazy numbers as a 6, but I think he's too much of a hog to play the position long term.

You'd have to completely change how the team plays to accommodate him there having Teddy and Manu as effectively one out runners through the middle... It works perfectly with BSmith because he's good as a run first hooker and also generates quick ptbs for the team to work from... but being that direct for an entire gameplan seems a bit one dimensional
Only thing I would say about this theory is that Manu is a fantastic ball player.

Part of the reason he roams in field is that he is a great link guy and has good hands. Goes without saying that he can also pick his moments when to run and bust tackles. From what we have seen of him at fullback, he has a pretty high footy IQ. Importantly, he can defend one on one too.

One of the best natural footy players in the competition in my eyes; I really doubt he struggles as a 6 if that is where he wants to be long term.

It will also result in Walker being bashed out of games because he’ll be the only out and out ‘play maker’ on the field, especially when it comes to last tackle options. Teams were already muscling him out of games last year.

no doubt they'll have another attempt at Herbie ... and probably Mariner for good measure.

but call it a gut feeling, but I just don't think we'll lose Herbie, as long as we put in a fair offer ... unless if the Roosters make a Fifita-like offer that is too good to refuse, of course

What are you guys talking about Turpin fills straight in the halves for roosters lol

no doubt they'll have another attempt at Herbie ... and probably Mariner for good measure.

but call it a gut feeling, but I just don't think we'll lose Herbie, as long as we put in a fair offer ... unless if the Roosters make a Fifita-like offer that is too good to refuse, of course

Roosters have never spoken to Herbie once. When Herbie re-signed 12 months ago it was the fifth best offer, he received. He's very loyal.

It will also result in Walker being bashed out of games because he’ll be the only out and out ‘play maker’ on the field, especially when it comes to last tackle options. Teams were already muscling him out of games last year.
You might be slightly over exaggerating here.

They played Penrith last year with Walker and Manu in the halves and both were exceptional. If any team is going to bash a half out of a game its Penrith and from memory the Roosters were right in it until the last 10 minutes.

Against 80% of the competition it wouldn't be an issue.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LGH
  • peter09
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.