2023 Season.. Top 5 Predictions

BHQ bipolar disorder, I like that one, it's accurate too

One week Kevvie or any particular player is looking good for a new contract, the next week they'd be flat out making the Wynnum side. According to BHQ, of course

Not so much a prediction but some things I'm interested to see:
1. How will Paps return from his injury at the storm. That bloke is lethal but his injury was horrible and whispers around suggest he might not be the same after it. Have heard very little on his recovery. But wow a fully fit spine of paps, grant, munster and Hughes is so unbelievably good.

2. Injuries and luck play a huge role in your season. And i feel like the panthers have had a pretty clean run the last 3 seasons. Not denying their deapth but surely they're due to cop a bad injury toll at some stage?

3. The cows. Last year many had them pencilled in as bottom 4 with an un proven Dearden and a bog average Townsend. Suddenly people are singing their praises as contenders. Part of me cant help but feel that much like our 2015 run, the cows success was off the back of some rare form from a number of players. Guys like Nanai, taulagi, Holmes, Drinkwater and even robson. Guys who are quality players but do they have it in them to play to that level year in year out and keep the cows in the top 4?

4. D.Fifita. i remain baffled at the lack of accountability or even criticism towards anyone at the tits for his contract. If Brisbane sign a guy for 1.25 mil a year and he sits on the bench we are the headline of the NRL. But it seems because Meninga coached QLD throguh our dynasty he's incapble of making mistkaes and its ok he wasted 1.25 mil of the titans money on D.Fifita.

5. Broncos. I feel like we are a rubber band at the moment with all this potential waiting to he realised. If the likes of Cobbo, Mam, Walsh and Staggs play to the best of their ability we can be so exciting. On the same token if we have a few tough games and confidence is down, this could turn into another train wreck of a season. I'm hopefull we learn alot from the highs of our mid season run and the lows of our end of year failure.

1. Cronulla to beat Roosters in final
2. Broncos make finals as QLDs top team, but knocked out first week
3. Penrith win minor premiership, but go out in the semi against Roosters
4. Cowboys to miss finals
5. Knights or Dogs to be the Smokey

I'm sorry but I had to reply and laugh out loud when I read Tedesco losing his spot. He is 1 of the greatest players in the NRL and he won't be dropped for a rookie.
If I could build a team around any current player it’d be Tedesco.

Well I stand by these predictions. Bound to all happen exactly as foretold.

Tommy's hamstring looks like it's flared up, not good for Manly. The betting market for least wins is an interesting one. There is a group of 7 clubs that are clear favourites for this title in the betting markets, very tough one to pick I think, but it's interesting to watch.

Dolphins 3.40

Newcastle Knights 5.00

New Zealand Warriors 6.50

Wests Tigers 7.50

Gold Coast Titans 9.50

Manly Sea Eagles 12.00

St George Illawarra Dragons 12.00

Well I stand by these predictions. Bound to all happen exactly as foretold.

Tommy's hamstring looks like it's flared up, not good for Manly. The betting market for least wins is an interesting one. There is a group of 7 clubs that are clear favourites for this title in the betting markets, very tough one to pick I think, but it's interesting to watch.

Dolphins 3.40

Newcastle Knights 5.00

New Zealand Warriors 6.50

Wests Tigers 7.50

Gold Coast Titans 9.50

Manly Sea Eagles 12.00

St George Illawarra Dragons 12.00

Slothfield is tipping Manly to be the biggest improvers. fighting for the top 4. a big reason for this is the new coach.

he blames Bennett for Seibolds failure with us. saying that Bennett left us in poor condition (like he did with Newcastle).

FYI, he also tips us to do worse than last year finishing 11th

Slothfield is tipping Manly to be the biggest improvers. fighting for the top 4. a big reason for this is the new coach.

he blames Bennett for Seibolds failure with us. saying that Bennett left us in poor condition (like he did with Newcastle).

FYI, he also tips us to do worse than last year finishing 11th
Sloshy is good to watch, not sure I would pay attention to his tips though.

This Bennett leaving clubs a mess is an interesting one, not sure about that but wouldn't be surprised if there is something to it. I remember how there were some tipsters having the Broncs win the 2019 comp just before the Old Salt went rogue and we had the coaching swap. Is the idea that he's stacking teams to win a comp with older dickheads and paying no thought about the next season?

Sloshy is good to watch, not sure I would pay attention to his tips though.

This Bennett leaving clubs a mess is an interesting one, not sure about that but wouldn't be surprised if there is something to it. I remember how there were some tipsters having the Broncs win the 2019 comp just before the Old Salt went rogue and we had the coaching swap. Is the idea that he's stacking teams to win a comp with older dickheads and paying no thought about the next season?

he definitely left Newcastle in a mess ... but not us, that was all Seibolds doing. we needed a couple of tweaks to our roster, but Seibold threw petrol on it and lit a match.

he definitely left Newcastle in a mess ... but not us, that was all Seibolds doing. we needed a couple of tweaks to our roster, but Seibold threw petrol on it and lit a match.
Yeh I think so. The consensus was the 2019 Broncs were looking like a strong squad. Boyd and other senior players dropping off a cliff was still in the future.

It's all a myth perpetuated by people with short memories.

Tinkler fucked the Knights. When you hear about what happened it's no wonder the club fell over. IIRC players were paid late, Tinkler would threaten to not pay players if they didn't improve. He even got the community off-side by not paying his bills, which reflected badly on the club. He fucked with the roster, recruited Snowden without Bennett's consultation etc.

I also remember Tinkler was hailed as a Crowe-like saviour, at least one guy had the foresight to write in to the ownership deal that they could terminate it by buying it back for $1...

And yeah, I remember people, definitely here (not just out there on the street) were pumped for a big year, we had a lot of the younger players maturing and some of the best players were hitting their peak. There was definitely a lot of enthusiasm. After a couple of years with Seibold all of a sudden the revisionists claimed that he'd been given a dud roster, that Bennett had once again tanked a club, it was hilarious.

1. Joan "Haas" gets life ban from Suncorp for streaking.
2. Kevin Walters quits the bottom of the table Broncos to fill the Head Coach vacancy at Manly.
3. Stephen Kearney wins Dancing with the Stars.
4. Herbie Farnworth signs with Man United.
5. Ben Ikin forgets to sign his father in law's retirement card.

I feel like number 1 might have to be delayed for the next 10-20 years...

I'm working on my 5.

Number 1, Tigers finish top 6.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.