2023 State of Origin Discussion

To be honest I've never paid any attention to Taulagi and know nothing about him. Is he at least a big meter eater? Someone who can poke his nose throguh wnd get the sets off to a good start?

I think its a good team purely because it's the best players in QLD but i agree with most in there are some strange selections.

I'm guessing flegler gets given the first 30 and told to rip in and do what damage he can then tino comes in and plays the last 50? There is no way flegs plays a bigger role then Tino.

Don't know how i feel about Hammer in the centres, i don't think his defence is up to it. Would prefer him on the wing i think. 100% have to have a spot for Gagai as well, the bloke just lives and breathes origin.

I hope Walsh is ready for this. Just listening to an interview with him and his passion for the Broncos and the Maroons you know he's going to give his 100%. He's going to learn so much from this experience.

On Walsh, as shit is it is that we are losing him, the experience under Slater, being around that quality of player and seeing how they do things should be great. Especially if he has a good game on the back of some Munster breaks etc. I know he has been in camp before but starting fb for QLD with Billy as coach, he is going to pick up some stuff.

Shame for Ponga, really like him as a player especially for QLD. He has done some special stuff for us.

As always though, even moreso now if we are fighting for a top 4/finals birth, I will always care for Broncos more than S.O.O so please just no injuries to our boys..

I agree that the selection won't be the difference between winning and losing but I think you're under-selling both Boyd and Gagai. Dane in particular used to be the Maroons version of To'o and would just eat up the metres and was usually good for a long range intercept.

I don't mind the selection choice, but that's a very blase comment Fourex. It's something I'd expect a Blues fan to type...

I Cant Believe It Wait What GIF by Liz Wilcox

I agree that the selection won't be the difference between winning and losing but I think you're under-selling both Boyd and Gagai. Dane in particular used to be the Maroons version of To'o and would just eat up the metres and was usually good for a long range intercept.

I don't mind the selection choice, but that's a very blase comment Fourex. It's something I'd expect a Blues fan to type...

For someone who seems like a bigger Queensland fan than a Broncos fan, I’m worried that you’ve seen neither player play Origin.

Look....
all I'm saying is ....the rides over Dane
time to get off.

I'm not losing any sleep over his non-selection.

I'm laughing at these peanuts on 360 calling not naming Ponga disloyal. **** me dead. A strong fucking fart in the huddle could knock Ponga out IMO

Apparently, Queensland loyalty is a myth now because for the first time in a long time we have made changes. Not much mention about Ponga's constant head knocks. Everyone knows a fit Ponga would be getting picked.

To be honest I've never paid any attention to Taulagi and know nothing about him. Is he at least a big meter eater? Someone who can poke his nose throguh wnd get the sets off to a good start?

I think its a good team purely because it's the best players in QLD but i agree with most in there are some strange selections.

I'm guessing flegler gets given the first 30 and told to rip in and do what damage he can then tino comes in and plays the last 50? There is no way flegs plays a bigger role then Tino.

Don't know how i feel about Hammer in the centres, i don't think his defence is up to it. Would prefer him on the wing i think. 100% have to have a spot for Gagai as well, the bloke just lives and breathes origin.

I hope Walsh is ready for this. Just listening to an interview with him and his passion for the Broncos and the Maroons you know he's going to give his 100%. He's going to learn so much from this experience.

Averages 141m and has only scored 2 tries. 24 tackles made, 9 missed! Even on his own team, Feldt does better in all those aspects, let alone Oates and Gagai at origin. Even Sami is better. Taulagi being picked makes absolutely no sense. He isn't even quicker than many if any of those guys above except maybe Feldt.

Honestly, I'm just glad Matt Burton isn't playing. Imagine him versus Reece with those bombs.

Slater said...he needs to play a bit more football.

I think thats concern coming from both form
and player health, view points.

RE Ponga

Slater said...he needs to play a bit more football.

I think thats concern coming from both form
and player health, view points.

RE Ponga

I genuinely don't get the confusion from everyone tbh. I think it's obvious that Slater is concerned about how quick he goes down at the moment. You'd almost guarantee that he was pencilled in before Saturdays game.

Re the blues, is anyone surprised To'o has been selected?
I'd have to check his stats but he seems to have lost a bit of his explosiveness.

360 is just horrific lately and has been especially bad this year, but holy smokes it was bad tonight.

Bwaiff and Dribbles pretenting Tino is the only player ever to raise a bumper like JWH and NAS haven't made a career out of it and carrying on as if a strong wind wouldn't knock Ponga out atm.

Flip side Tallis and Read milking the shit out of the Luai ref touch.

It's legitimately awful coverage.

I'm laughing at these peanuts on 360 calling not naming Ponga disloyal. **** me dead. A strong fucking fart in the huddle could knock Ponga out IMO
To be fair .. Anasta, Buzz, Hooper & Co .. they were astute buys for Fox Sports. Fox didn't have to pay extra $$'s for acting lessons ..to get them to act all dumb. These guys are just all naturals.

Re the blues, is anyone surprised To'o has been selected?
I'd have to check his stats but he seems to have lost a bit of his explosiveness.
Penrith just send everything down the left so To'o isn't always getting attacking stats, but his run meters, etc. are still well up there... still averaging 200m and almost 4 tackle breaks a game this year.

Bwaiff and Dribbles pretenting Tino is the only player ever to raise a bumper like JWH and NAS haven't made a career out of it and carrying on as if a strong wind wouldn't knock Ponga out atm.
Tallis is 100% correct that Reed's technique in that tackle is horrendous.

His legs are wide and low, but his upper body is straight up and down... it's like the bottom half is ready to drive low, but the top half is wanting to catch and wrap Tino.

Tallis saying if you tackle like that as a 12yr old you won't be playing by 14... and he's probably right about that too, because the back on replay looks like junior footy where a big kid tramples over a little kid. Mahoney had no idea what he was doing in that tackle

Tallis is 100% correct that Reed's technique in that tackle is horrendous.

His legs are wide and low, but his upper body is straight up and down... it's like the bottom half is ready to drive low, but the top half is wanting to catch and wrap Tino.

Tallis saying if you tackle like that as a 12yr old you won't be playing by 14... and he's probably right about that too, because the back on replay looks like junior footy where a big kid tramples over a little kid. Mahoney had no idea what he was doing in that tackle
Mahoney said as much post game too.

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.