2023 State of Origin - Game II Discussion

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Not long now.

Must win game for QLD IMO. It's going to be very difficult winning a decider in Sydney. I have absolutely no doubt Cleary will make a miraculous recovery, and they will likely get Latrell back.

Not long now.

Must win game for QLD IMO. It's going to be very difficult winning a decider in Sydney. I have absolutely no doubt Cleary will make a miraculous recovery, and they will likely get Latrell back.
Latrell would absolutely be available for Game 3.

The talk coming from Billy and Cam Smith this morning was pretty reassuring... there was a lot of talk about completely ignoring the favourite's factor, controlling what we can control, NSW still being a good team and avoiding complacency.

If you talk about complacency the storm system that Billy and CS9 came up through never seemed to suffer from it... they were flat track bullies whilst also being big game players, so I think having them hovering over the squad for this build up should have the boys switched on.

Of course NSW have a team that if switched on can definitely put up a fight and is basically equal on paper to the Qld team.

I just hope the ref stays out of it, because this could be one of the epic origin games.

Also I'm still worried about Walsh... I really wish he didn't say anything about the blues and put a target on his back. His ability to defuse some of those early bombs and execute in Game 1 was spot on, but if he comes into this game with even a 5% drop in his Game 1 mentality then Moses kicking game could have him looking a fool and allow the blues to get on top of him and have him second guessing all night.

A couple of late changes.

Flegler starting prop, Collins back to the bench. Cotter starting in the back row with Nanai back to the bench.

Reece Robson moved to the starting side for NSW.

A couple of late changes.

Flegler starting prop, Collins back to the bench. Cotter starting in the back row with Nanai back to the bench.

Reece Robson moved to the starting side for NSW.
Hoping Flegler has a good game, but I'm still just not quite seeing him as an origin forward as yet.

Unsure about Cotter starting at back row... yes he got through 80mins in game 1, but it's not his natural position. I'm assuming Nanai will be coming on after 20mins or so.

I'm assuming that at the 20-25 minute mark Flegs will be off for Nanai and Cotter into prop.

I guess it does save a fair bit in the interchanges... Flegs would need subbing at that point and may not be required again until second half... also ensures Nanai gets through the game.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

So excited!

Let's hoodoo!

Slater extremely nervous in the sheds apparently.

Hopefully he's not overloading the side with too much information. That's a common mistake from rookie coaches.

Munster needs to have a big game.

He was a bit quiet in Adelaide.

Blues saw that coming and covered it well

Well Klein really didn’t want to blow that but he had no choice. That was so dumb by TTurbo

That was stupid.

It was never on.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Midean
  • sooticus
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Lostboy
  • Lurker
  • Shane Tronc
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • LittleDavey
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.