2023 State of Origin - Game II Discussion

Short memory mate........

Gallen felt it was fair game to grab opposition players on their nuts....and twist.

Make no mistake. Paul Gallen was a fucken dog grub **** .......

The old classic squirrel grip or Christmas hold .
A bag full of crushed nuts .

I tackled a guy once in a school boy game .
Went around the hips and tried to slide down . Got a firm grip on his shorts and felt some thing soft and squishy . Scarred for life . LOL .

Let’s not forget Gallen picking at stitches too and he was on roids at his peak.

That said, during that era, there were only three guys you ever worried about on the NSW team - Gallen, Hayne and to a far lesser extent, Lewis. So although he was as dirty as they come, Gallen was able to really back it up with performance.

Luai on the other hand is just a grub but at origin level, just not very good. Young is so out of place at this level it’s hilarious. The other cheap shot merchant who really has gone down in my eyes is Martin. I really like the way he normally plays, tough but fair. This series though, he’s also looking for constant cheap shots.
Yea this is more what I was getting at, Gallen was a grub who backed it up. Luai is just a grub.

Short memory mate........

Gallen felt it was fair game to grab opposition players on their nuts....and twist.

Make no mistake. Paul Gallen was a fucken dog grub **** .......
Yea I guess Luai is just fresh in my mind. Gallen was a dirty prick no doubt about it.

Yup, that's the difference.....Gallen was a filthy dog shot merchant who could back it up, Luai is a a filthy dog shot merchant that's piss weak.

Lets be fair, he was on the wing!
Frustrated World Cup GIF

One of the aspects I enjoyed the most was post-game, interviewing the Hammer who was with his mum. He looked exactly like a super proud but humbled guy should look like after a game like that. This team is extremely endearing, role models in the best way.

Interestingly, the previous two times QLD have won two series in a row, the pattern has been the same.

2006 - Won it in the decider
2007 - Won it in the second game
2015 - Won it in the decider
2016 - Won it in the second game
2022 - Won it in the decider
2023 - Won it in the second game

One of the aspects I enjoyed the most was post-game, interviewing the Hammer who was with his mum. He looked exactly like a super proud but humbled guy should look like after a game like that. This team is extremely endearing, role models in the best way.

I want Capewell to watch some tape of Hammer tackling and dominating the opposition on the ground . Then imitate him .

He does just enough to dominate , but never goes on with it and gives away a penalty like Kurt does all too often .
Very disciplined .

Did they come up with that team song back in the day so even Nate Myles could join in?

got a feeling that this game was tedescos 2006 darren lockyer type game,had the chance to step up and silence the critics but went missing mostly,time for them to move on from him i think.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • Socnorb
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Organix
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Aldo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.