2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

The media still banging on with Brohman-Boyd story.
Boyd may have been a grub but I agree that this is all brohman will ever be known for.
One of the worst radio commentators ever.
Makes blocker roach sound like frank hyde

Boyd may have been a grub but I agree that this is all brohman will ever be known for.
I'm sure you agree though that Brohman's short-comings should not detract from the un-Australian, low-level thuggery perpetrated by Boyd. Another fine example of the NRL's cognitive dissonance.

Let's not say things we might regret - Roach is the dumbest of all commentators out there and in a really dumb NRL commentator field, that says a lot.

You can guarantee almost always whatever Roach says will be proven immediately wrong.

I'm sure you agree though that Brohman's short-comings should not detract from the un-Australian, low-level thuggery perpetrated by Boyd. Another fine example of the NRL's cognitive dissonance.

I'm sure i remember reading he tried to eye gouge Greg Alexander then the week later he eye gouged Billy Johnstone and got a 15 month ban. Sounds like a quality addition to the HOF

I'm sure i remember reading he tried to eye gouge Greg Alexander then the week later he eye gouged Billy Johnstone and got a 15 month ban. Sounds like a quality addition to the HOF
Thanks, I did not know this @Wolfie.

Wonder why the media has not brought those incidents up either? The majority of guys playing our game are stand up guys and let their actions speak for them. In Boyd's case his actions scream " I'm so low I could crawl under a snake's belly with a top hat on".

Why we are holding this sort of behaviour up as an example to the up and coming generation is quite bewildering.

This was a week or 2 after he got back from a 12 month ban for breaking Big Marn's jaw.
Lol I just watched a replay of the Boyd Brohman incident, Boyd only got a caution on field. What a different time.

Thanks, I did not know this @Wolfie.

Wonder why the media has not brought those incidents up either? The majority of guys playing our game are stand up guys and let their actions speak for them. In Boyd's case his actions scream " I'm so low I could crawl under a snake's belly with a top hat on".

Why we are holding this sort of behaviour up as an example to the up and coming generation is quite bewildering.

He broke Brohman's jaw and got 12 months for it, then when he came back from that three games later gouged Billy Johnstone and got 15 months.

He didn't play in Australia again.

Let's not say things we might regret - Roach is the dumbest of all commentators out there and in a really dumb NRL commentator field, that says a lot.

You can guarantee almost always whatever Roach says will be proven immediately wrong.
Given the amount of shit Ginane gets wrong... I'm putting him up as one of the dumbest... especially since his role is to be a main caller.

I'm pretty sure he does it for hysteria, but **** him ... if he's going to put himself out there get shit wrong on purpose then he should be called out as being a moron anyway

He broke Brohman's jaw and got 12 months for it, then when he came back from that three games later gouged Billy Johnstone and got 15 months.

He didn't play in Australia again.

I seem to remember more suspensions in England after that too ?
He was a very gifted footballer . It was sad the way it ended .

I think it's about time Brohman got over it....nearly 40 years ago now. Get a therapist if it still hurts dude. I wouldn't even know who Boyd was if it wasn't for Brohman constantly bringing up the incident.

Then maybe a decade or so on manly had Hopoate. His letters probably being typed out for next year

just watched the replay after reading that they reckon allan Thompson got him.
Boyd got him flush and Thompson came in with a forearm when he was on ground. Should’ve been 2 send offs

Forgive my naivety but I’m trying to find out how the proposed PNG team will be funded after shit c*** albanese gifts them 600 mil?
Sure, they will sell out the home games but how do the locals even afford to attend and add on the cost of security for a start.
I’d say us tax payers are funding the whole scam and only be the grubs in govt and ol mate Pete gaining anything. Just another bullshit cash grab by vlandys

I think it's about time Brohman got over it....nearly 40 years ago now. Get a therapist if it still hurts dude. I wouldn't even know who Boyd was if it wasn't for Brohman constantly bringing up the incident.
I think Brohmans most annoyed that this is the kind of player you celebrate and put in the hall of fame. A bloke best remembered for being a an absolute grub on the field. Your hall of fame shouldn't just be on playing ability, it should be on how you played the game with sportsmanship and what kind of character you were on the field.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.