2024 NRL Injury Discussion

5 weeks in and this is the list as of tonight:

72 players out with injuries (and a few suspensions)

It would be relatively meaningless, but interesting nonetheless, to plot out the injury numbers each week and graph them for past years.

Illias got some sort of severe leg injury apparently. South’s and JD are doomed this season.

5 weeks in and this is the list as of tonight:

View attachment 27033

72 players out with injuries (and a few suspensions)
Herbie isn't on this list, is he?

I have a feeling that the sport is partly to blame, but I also think that the training is pushing the bodies beyond a limit, and players are not really in a position to question that.

I am also pretty sure that Penrith have a certain protocol in place to aid the bodies of the players.... if you know what I mean.

seeing the illias incident front on idk if there was much more luissick could do short of not charging down the ball,not as if he dived at the legs

seeing the illias incident front on idk if there was much more luissick could do short of not charging down the ball,not as if he dived at the legs

He’s been referred straight to the judiciary and looking at 6-8 weeks. It’s ridiculous. He jumped a bit and his knee has contacted the shin. That’s just an unlucky collision.

prime example of being punished for the injury rather than the act

Four weeks for your knee hitting his shin.

Wighton should have got four weeks for breaking Paps knee on his.

Unbelievable.

Why did he have to jump? He doesn't do that, different outcome.

Four weeks for your knee hitting his shin.

Wighton should have got four weeks for breaking Paps knee on his.

Unbelievable.
I honestly wonder who they have reviewing these incidents surely a past player would understand that it was a pure accident

Why did he have to jump? He doesn't do that, different outcome.
One would guess to play at the ball? Like i said not as if he was diving steve price style at the legs he did everything right imo and still got harshly done by

One would guess to play at the ball? Like i said not as if he was diving steve price style at the legs he did everything right imo and still got harshly done by

He could still do that without jumping, he didn't need to jump.

Any time you decide to shoot out of the line and rush up on a player, there's always that chance it can go badly just like it did with May and Walsh. Especially if you leave the ground. You take that risk and he took that risk. He shot out of the line to smother the ball, he left the ground and his knee made contact with the leg of Ilias and now Ilias is out for months as a result. We all know any injuries that occur will result in a harsher penalty. It's always accidental, but that doesn't really matter. He's probably lucky he only got 4 weeks.

I forget, what did the MRC and judiciary do with that incident

Difference there being, head on head contact isn't illegal and it comes down to the discretion of the MRC. He probably should have been charged, he wasn't. In the case of Lussick, contact with the legs of a kicker is very illegal and any injury that comes as a result of that is going to lead to a harsher penalty.

Difference there being, head on head contact isn't illegal and it comes down to the discretion of the MRC. He probably should have been charged, he wasn't. In the case of Lussick, contact with the legs of a kicker is very illegal and any injury that comes as a result of that is going to lead to a harsher penalty.

Pretty sure contact with the head IS illegal... I laid out the multiple charges May could have been sanctioned with in the post-game thread.

Pretty sure contact with the head IS illegal...

Head clashes aren't illegal. The MRC can still charge you if it's really bad and they don't think you showed enough duty of care, but that really comes down to their discretion.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.