2024 NRL Injury Discussion

What? Not an ACL or missing for months? That can’t be right, the club is still lying to us. Very disappointing.
two weeks three if you want to be cautious is very manageable

Illias has most likely broke his Ankle in the NSW cup game that just finished.

Illias has most likely broke his Ankle in the NSW cup game that just finished.

Is that what it was? I only heard them say they won't be showing a replay as it was quite graphic. Thought it must have been Yow Yeh levels.

Is that what it was? I only heard them say they won't be showing a replay as it was quite graphic. Thought it must have been Yow Yeh levels.
Lussick contacted Ilias' leg hard as part of a charge down attempt.

Every chance there's a broken bone in there somewhere... could be one of those where the tibia or fibula is broken and shin bends where it definitely should not be bending 😬😬

Blocker and Brandy saying they could hear the break from 30m away 😲😲

It was brutal, I rewound the game to see it, Lussick will be in alot of trouble for that one.

Yuck - very reminiscent of Scott Prince.

What? Not an ACL or missing for months? That can’t be right, the club is still lying to us. Very disappointing.

I heard the commentators saying a strain low in the muscle can take longer to recover . I imagine that is because it involves the tendon rather than the muscle itself .
I saw Reyno grab at the side/ back of his knee where the tendon would be . He also has a history of hammy problems they said . So I`m not as optomistic about a 2-3 week turn around .

Lussick contacted Ilias' leg hard as part of a charge down attempt.

Every chance there's a broken bone in there somewhere... could be one of those where the tibia or fibula is broken and shin bends where it definitely should not be bending 😬😬

Blocker and Brandy saying they could hear the break from 30m away 😲😲
I broke my shin playing League at high school .
It sounded like a branch snapping . 8 weeks in a cast ...

would have to see it side on to see if he dived at the legs at all but seems bad luck if he is just running thru to smother the kick

Some mums think let little Johny play soccer it`s less violent than league or AFL .
Guess which sport has the most injuries ? Shin on shin or two players simultaneous connection with the ball = broken shin or torn ankle ligaments .

would have to see it side on to see if he dived at the legs at all but seems bad luck if he is just running thru to smother the kick

Just came through to smother the ball and ended up making contact with the legs. It was accidental, he didn't come in with the intention of attacking the legs, but he still did and it was a result of being careless.

Just came through to smother the ball and ended up making contact with the legs. It was accidental, he didn't come in with the intention of attacking the legs, but he still did and it was a result of being careless.
Yep and the play was on as well... they were down by 6 on basically the last play of the game and if he gets the charge down he's every chance of running it back untouched to draw the game.

Ilias probably should've just drilled it to the sideline to try and kill the clock, but he must've got stuck going through the motions thinking he could just get a stock standard kick away

Very unlucky .
AFL players try to smother the ball regularly . Just hope for Illias`s sake the bone didn`t pierce the skin . That complicates things severely .

Yep and the play was on as well... they were down by 6 on basically the last play of the game and if he gets the charge down he's every chance of running it back untouched to draw the game

Just an accident, not in his game, nothing to see here - May Principle, NRL, 2024

The ones they get in trouble for are the ones they dive at the legs aka steve price infact im almost certain the rule was brought in because of him

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • DrGee
  • broncs30
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.