2024 NRL Injury Discussion

Qscan Injury Update: Brendan Piakura

Authorbroncos.com.auTimestampTue 26 Mar 2024, 04:42 PM

Backrower Brendan Piakura has been ruled out of Friday’s game against the Cowboys after picking up an ankle injury during training today at Red Hill.

Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard said: "Brendan has had a scan at the Clive Berghofer Centre Qscan Facility which showed a sprained ankle.

“We will wait until the swelling settles but at this stage we are looking at up to four weeks of rehab before he returns.”

That must be one heck of a sprain.

Qscan Injury Update: Brendan Piakura

Authorbroncos.com.auTimestampTue 26 Mar 2024, 04:42 PM

Backrower Brendan Piakura has been ruled out of Friday’s game against the Cowboys after picking up an ankle injury during training today at Red Hill.

Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard said: "Brendan has had a scan at the Clive Berghofer Centre Qscan Facility which showed a sprained ankle.

“We will wait until the swelling settles but at this stage we are looking at up to four weeks of rehab before he returns.”

That must be one heck of a sprain.
Up to 4 weeks for a sprained ankle seems excessive.

Thought they were normally 2 weeks max 🤔🤔

Yeah look, old mate Piakura is proving to be a bit of an injury magnet.

I doubt I've ever seen a worse start to a season across the whole comp for injuries, and a tonne of them are marquee players. Are clubs pushing too hard in training?

I was going to blame the Vegas experiment as the cause for all these injuries, but they're happening across all teams including those who remained at home. Really odd, is it just a freak occurrence early in the season? This is the worst injury toll I've seen in a long long time.

I was going to blame the Vegas experiment as the cause for all these injuries, but they're happening across all teams including those who remained at home. Really odd, is it just a freak occurrence early in the season? This is the worst injury toll I've seen in a long long time.

These blokes getting injured are all just soft. They need to be more like Patty. He practically had his leg amputated at the knee by a violent assault against South Sydney and he just shrugged it off and ran for 222 meters. These other blokes need to take a spoonful of cement and harden the **** up.

These blokes getting injured are all just soft. They need to be more like Patty. He practically had his leg amputated at the knee by a violent assault against South Sydney and he just shrugged it off and ran for 222 meters. These other blokes need to take a spoonful of cement and harden the **** up.
That S Sydney guy that cannonballed into our Paddy's knee is still rehabing his busted shoulder.

The secret behind Patty's success, is his diet of Tim Tams, Milo and musk sticks.

Seriously hard to win a comp without a quarter of your salary cap. All good broncs. Brighter days ahead, look at the talent we have. They all can't be injured forever

The Courier Mail reporting that over $20 million of talent will be sidelined for round 4

More sensationalism, that 20 million would be as per their seasonal contract. If you break it down for the week to week salaries, it would barely crack 2 million.

More sensationalism, that 20 million would be as per their seasonal contract. If you break it down for the week to week salaries, it would barely crack 2 million.

In this case I don't actually think so. players are valued on their seasonal contracts not their weekly pay.

It certainly gives you a good indication on how bad the injury crisis is right now.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Spooky1013
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Browny
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bish
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • mrslong
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Wolfie
  • barker
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.