2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Do I see old salty is raiding the Dolphins for some bunnies recruits?

Burns has done a pre-season with the Dolphins because he joined Norths and isn't in the top 30 or played NRL, Hubner is a Capra and isn't in the Dolphins top 30- they had to get special permission to use him for his three NRL games.

"Raiding the Dolphins" is as far a stretch as you can get.

Two Cup players take a shot at NRL and hope to get top 30 contract would be more accurate.

Burns has done a pre-season with the Dolphins because he joined Norths and isn't in the top 30 or played NRL, Hubner is a Capra and isn't in the Dolphins top 30- they had to get special permission to use him for his three NRL games.

"Raiding the Dolphins" is as far a stretch as you can get.

Two Cup players take a shot at NRL and hope to get top 30 contract would be more accurate.

He's also taken at least 1 NRL player so far. Reports were that Euan Aitkin had signed with Souths for next season

IIRC Parker only took unders because he was too much of a tightarse to give a cut to an agent, and subsequently just accepted whatever figure the Broncos gave him.

Tate and Parker went down to the Bulldogs together in 2001 and it was supposed to be 200k each.

They'd only played a handful of games at that stage and could have taken it and run for Belmore.

I thought coaches were allowed to take players from any of the teams that are registered under the NSWRL and the QRL to play in the NRL. I was not aware that certain players and certain teams were off limits to certain coaches.

To enforce those limitations and to even think about it seems suspiciously like an attempt at restriction of free trade and labour. As it stands today, if a player wants to play somewhere else and all parties agree (regardless of existing contracts) I don't see the problem.

We would otherwise not have Reece Walsh playing for us.

I thought coaches were allowed to take players from any of the teams that are registered under the NSWRL and the QRL to play in the NRL. I was not aware that certain players and certain teams were off limits to certain coaches.

To enforce those limitations and to even think about it seems suspiciously like an attempt at restriction of free trade and labour. As it stands today, if a player wants to play somewhere else and all parties agree (regardless of existing contracts) I don't see the problem.

We would otherwise not have Reece Walsh playing for us.

Cup clubs will always let you go if you can get an NRL deal.

IIRC Parker only took unders because he was too much of a tightarse to give a cut to an agent, ........

Thats probably the most character redeeming thing I've ever read about Corey Parker.......

Good on him.

**** player managers.....

He's also taken at least 1 NRL player so far. Reports were that Euan Aitkin had signed with Souths for next season
Phins only offered him a 1 year deal, Souths gave him a 2 year deal.

Reports are that the Cowboys won't be making an offer for RCG, due to not having the cap space

@JayPee

Both Granville and Feldt confirmed for the exit gate for next year. Along with Chad, Holmes and probably McLean, you guys are likely to be...really good. It gives some of your young talent real incentive now too, there are spots up for grabs.

Who do you think will replace those spots? I would assume Purdue is one and Clifford will battle out the 7 spot with Duffy. Neame to start and Shibasaki in to Neame's spot? Who takes Feldt's spot?

@JayPee

Both Granville and Feldt confirmed for the exit gate for next year. Along with Chad, Holmes and probably McLean, you guys are likely to be...really good. It gives some of your young talent real incentive now too, there are spots up for grabs.

Who do you think will replace those spots? I would assume Purdue is one and Clifford will battle out the 7 spot with Duffy. Neame to start and Shibasaki in to Neame's spot? Who takes Feldt's spot?
Big wraps on derby. I can see him getting first crack

It's being reported that Tommy Turbo has asked to take a pay cut for the next two years, because of how much time he has spent on the sidelines injured.

Apparently if it was to happen, salary cap rules would not allow Manly to spend those savings on players.

The NRL have reportedly rejected this request

Well Newcastle's management are a laughing stock. Trying to sell all their players, can't be great for team harmony.
Not great considering they are a good chance for making the 8 still.

If we beat dolphins, but lose to storm... then they are the best chance of taking over dargons given their softer draw to finish the year.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.