2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Honestly, wtf is our club doing. I was thinking we turned an administrative corner with DD but it does not seem like it at the moment. I get this is a nothing signing but it seemed to scream a cheap solution for us

Feels like this year where we’ve signed no one of note and we’re only going to keep spending on our retention

we’ll end up with only 25 players for the season, and one of them will still be Cory fucking Paix

Holmes was reportedly going to be on $1.15 million next season at the Cowboys.

Hooper also reporting that the Cowboys have asked Taumalolo to take a pay cut. his unwillingness to do that is why they're releasing Holmes a year early.

they'll reportedly use the money they've freed up by releasing Holmes to extend both Robson and Cotter

@JayPee Zero Tackle saying the Dragons will announce Holmes on a three year deal this afternoon.

Where do you see you guys using that money?
Payton wants RCG from the eels and they are letting him go cause their cap is fucked and no one wants sivo Matterson and gutherson

Feels like this year where we’ve signed no one of note and we’re only going to keep spending on our retention

we’ll end up with only 25 players for the season, and one of them will still be Cory fucking Paix
If you’re Paix’s manager, aren’t you in his ear to go to Super League for a year or two? He’ll likely shine over there and get some sort of contract back in the NRL when injuries hit some team.
As it is, he’s been out of the shop window for nearly three years by the time his contract is up. You’d think that his top grade rugby league career is done then.

Just read that apparently Asi from the eels is off to the ESL next season.
Yet they hang on to Dylan brown the most over rated half in the game for some time now

That's the second Tiger that's been signed under Richo.

Clearly he's putting those old Tigers connections to good use - it did bag Cronulla a Rothman's Medalist nearly 30 years ago.

I'm happy for Hope. He could have easily pulled the pin after U/20s, but he persevered and worked his way up from BRL, to a QCup premiership and now an NRL opportunity.

I hope it pans out better than it did for Hamilton - I'm still filthy we didn't get a Hamilton/Walker trial game.

I just read that Broncos have entered the race for Corey Horsburghs and I believe would be a great signing for the club.

I just read that Broncos have entered the race for Corey Horsburghs and I believe would be a great signing for the club.

I honestly dont see how we can afford him unless we move on some players on big contracts. He's on something like 750k a year.

At the right price, he'd be a very handy pick up.

Though, I doubt he takes a pay cut big enough to get down to the right price

I honestly dont see how we can afford him unless we move on some players on big contracts. He's on something like 750k a year.
Wouldnt mind being the beneficiary of a club releasing a player from their contract so we can sign them for a bit cheaper for a change

So if we don't re-sign Oates or Taupau, that probably still only frees up about 400k. Where is the rest of the money coming from, considering we need to upgrade Walsh and you still need to have minimum wage blokes to fill out a squad.

So if we don't re-sign Oates or Taupau, that probably still only frees up about 400k. Where is the rest of the money coming from, considering we need to upgrade Walsh and you still need to have minimum wage blokes to fill out a squad.

We are really suffering cap wise from over paying younger guys and not have the likes of Haas taking a bit less to help out.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.