2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
But could you imagine a team with Latrell, Walker and Smith.. All liabilities from a mentality point of view
Three Stooges Vintage GIF

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Yes but if anyone can handle them it's Bennet.
He hasn't won a premiership since 2010 so maybe he's not handling them as good as everyone thinks. Cleary, Maguire, Green, Hasler, Bellamy, Robinson and Flanagan have all outperformed him since his last GF win.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Barnett has extended for two more years with the Warriors.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He hasn't won a premiership since 2010 so maybe he's not handling them as good as everyone thinks. Cleary, Maguire, Green, Hasler, Bellamy, Robinson and Flanagan have all outperformed him since his last GF win.
He won an Origin series with a pretty ordinary side.

Wayne seems to do pretty well with these larrikin type players tbf.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
He will end up at the rabbitohs or the dragons.
I cant see the Roosters subsidizing him to play for the Rabbits. **** if that happens it really means they desperately wanted him out of the club.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
He won an Origin series with a pretty ordinary side.
He did well there, but when it comes to winning premierships he's been struggling for a while. Not many coaches last 12 years without a Grand Final win. Granted he has a lot of runs on the board from 1987-2010.

Ricky and Brian Smith both went longer without a GF win though, without having anywhere near the success that Wayne did. Shows how optimistic some clubs are when it comes to hiring coaches.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He did well there, but when it comes to winning premierships he's been struggling for a while. Not many coaches last 12 years without a Grand Final win. Granted he has a lot of runs on the board from 1987-2010.

Ricky and Brian Smith both went longer without a GF win though, without having anywhere near the success that Wayne did. Shows how optimistic some clubs are when it comes to hiring coaches.

I don't think his role at the Phins was ever to win a premiership. Hes there to lay the foundations.

His job at the Broncos second spell and South's was good enough though even without winning a premiership.No doubt though that would have been the icing on the cake. Would have been nice win that 2015 final!

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I don't think his role at the Phins was ever to win a premiership. Hes there to lay the foundations.

His job at the Broncos second spell and South's was good enough though even without winning a premiership.No doubt though that would have been the icing on the cake. Would have been nice win that 2015 final!
His second spell at the Broncos was a failure. He took a team that had potential and didn't win a grand final, just like at souths. Your in the business of winning comps not just doing well.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
The titans will prob offer him 1.5mil.

He'd play his best footy at the wahs with the amount of NZ leaders they have to pull him into line (Tohu, JFH, RTS, SJ, etc), but I doubt they need or want him.

Imagine the mayhem he’d cause on the GC

Wouldn’t put it past them still - just think the back-ended deal Des could get him

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
His second spell at the Broncos was a failure. He took a team that had potential and didn't win a grand final, just like at souths. Your in the business of winning comps not just doing well.

Thats nonsense to say his second spell was a failure at all. When Wayne came back he fixed up a lot of the issues that were troubling us and got us back to being genuine contenders again. That was a win from where we were. We just weren't good enough to clinch that grand final.

There are of course different levels to success. He always achieved the minimum expectation of coaching a club like ours, but in his second spell he just didn't win that Premiership we wanted. Still doesnt mean his tenure was a failure, it just could have been better.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm breaking my absence on the forum for a different reason than I expected.

Last month Luke Keary re-signed with the Roosters for the 2025 season.

Then changed his mind and announced his retirement

Now he's changed his mind again and signed a one season deal with Catalans

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'm breaking my absence on the forum for a different reason than I expected.

Last month Luke Keary re-signed with the Roosters for the 2025 season.

Then changed his mind and announced his retirement

Now he's changed his mind again and signed a one season deal with Catalans
I'm sure the medical retirement was long enough to get it off the books though 🙄🙄🙄

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Damien Cook has signed with the Dragons on a 2 year deal from next season. deal is reportedly worth 500k a season

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Damien Cook has signed with the Dragons on a 2 year deal from next season. deal is reportedly worth 500k a season
$500k a season is a pretty good deal, sure he's been out of form but a change of scenery will do him good.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Alec
  • Browny
  • bert_lifts
  • mrslong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncs30
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.