2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Liddell is pretty impressive, strange decision to me.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Adam Doueihi has signed a one-year extension with the Tigers. the reports say that it is unclear if the Tigers upped their initial contract offer of minimum wage

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Adam Doueihi has signed a one-year extension with the Tigers. the reports say that it is unclear if the Tigers upped their initial contract offer of minimum wage

@Sproj
You told me Doohickey was done wouldn`t be re- signed.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Yep I was wrong, his one year likely minimum wage as a depth option has proved me wrong for sure.

A gamble , but before he got hurt he was their best player .
That`s where my optomism came from .

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Sitili Tupouniua being offloaded by the Roosters and he's apparently off to the Bulldogs. My guess is making room for Crichton.

I wouldn't have minded him at the Broncos.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Sitili Tupouniua being offloaded by the Roosters and he's apparently off to the Bulldogs. My guess is making room for Crichton.

I wouldn't have minded him at the Broncos.
No they weren't making room for Chricton. They told him he was free to leave when they signed Fifita so he is pissed at the club and left anyways. Chrictons money is already there with the Fifita deal but the Roosters are baulking because his management said we want the exact same deal you offered Fifita.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
A gamble , but before he got hurt he was their best player .
That`s where my optomism came from .

There`s light at the end of the tunnel .
Just hope it not an oncoming train . Another ACL and he`s done . But he was good last weekend .

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Knights in cap trouble apparently... wouldn't mind Frizell as a bench front row / second row forward, concern would be that he's getting on in age a bit and could start breaking down, but reducing minutes to a bench role might work.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Rival clubs are pissed that the NRL are allowing the Roosters to sign Nawaqanitawase for this year, but allow him to play Union at the Olympics while he has a current NRL contract.

Rabbitohs CEO, Blake Solly, said

“How is this different to a player going to Japanese or French rugby for a short stint during the season or off-season?” asked Solly. “In the past, the NRL has not allowed players to play rugby union while registered as an NRL player.

“It seems a pretty big shift in NRL policy to allow a player that has an NRL contract to play rugby union while contracted. Why is this case different to other players who have sought to play rugby union in their off-season?

“It would be good to just know more about why this has been allowed when so many cases in the past have been rejected.

“My issue isn’t with the Roosters. My issue is with the lack of transparency on these sorts of decisions.

“From memory, the only time the NRL has released any statements around player registrations or salary cap matters have involved Rabbitohs players in the past.

“We were full supportive of that transparency at the time and just don’t understand why (that happened then) when there is any sort of contentious or unusual decision.

“It would be good to understand more from the NRL about the decision. It’s hard to comment given we have little information about it.”

Raiders CEO, Don Furner said

“As long as those rules apply to every club,” he said. “If that is the new rule, the new exception, then those exceptions must be available to all clubs.

“And if this is the new rule, then we will now start looking at the Brumbies players.”

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Rival clubs are pissed that the NRL are allowing the Roosters to sign Nawaqanitawase for this year, but allow him to play Union at the Olympics while he has a current NRL contract.

Rabbitohs CEO, Blake Solly, said

“How is this different to a player going to Japanese or French rugby for a short stint during the season or off-season?” asked Solly. “In the past, the NRL has not allowed players to play rugby union while registered as an NRL player.

“It seems a pretty big shift in NRL policy to allow a player that has an NRL contract to play rugby union while contracted. Why is this case different to other players who have sought to play rugby union in their off-season?

“It would be good to just know more about why this has been allowed when so many cases in the past have been rejected.

“My issue isn’t with the Roosters. My issue is with the lack of transparency on these sorts of decisions.

“From memory, the only time the NRL has released any statements around player registrations or salary cap matters have involved Rabbitohs players in the past.

“We were full supportive of that transparency at the time and just don’t understand why (that happened then) when there is any sort of contentious or unusual decision.

“It would be good to understand more from the NRL about the decision. It’s hard to comment given we have little information about it.”

Raiders CEO, Don Furner said

“As long as those rules apply to every club,” he said. “If that is the new rule, the new exception, then those exceptions must be available to all clubs.

“And if this is the new rule, then we will now start looking at the Brumbies players.”
My issue is that they will be getting a player beyond June 30... how late in the season are they still able to make roster movements.

It's the typical pandering to Uncle Nick... comp is tainted with the NSWRL influence

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • davidp
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • Spooky1013
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.