2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Hopefully the CWC into the test summer can distract me somewhat from tonight. I desparately need supercoach to open back up ASAP too

Well...I need to do a list. Is this a chance of going one better next year?

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Baker/Willison/Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy/Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Willison/Jensen/Baker
17. Piakura/Te Kura

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Baker/Willison/Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy/Mozer
15. Hetherington
17. Piakura/Te Kura

I really hope Cobbo does end up in that 4 jersey. Surely replacing Flegs won't be a big deal.

I guess this is as good a time as any to raise the question: do we still want to extend Reyno another year or two (2025-2026)?

I'm a little less gung-ho about it after tonight. This is the second time Cleary has got the better of him in a Grand Final, and unfortunately, time is more on Nathan's side.

Even if we do extend him, I think we'll need to have our succession plan in place towards the end of 2024.

As tough as it is now, 5 months without footy will have you frothing with the rest of us for the season to start lol

Cricket sucks big ones. Used to watch it as a kid but it's boring as **** these days.
100% i miss the days of Warney, Ponting, Mcgrath and Gilchrist.
Have not enjoyed cricket since then.

And while i wont even think about footy between now and the New Year, i will be hanging out for the 2024 season by the middle of summer.

I guess this is as good a time as any to raise the question: do we still want to extend Reyno another year or two (2025-2026)?

I'm a little less gung-ho about it after tonight. This is the second time Cleary has got the better of him in a Grand Final, and unfortunately, time is more on Nathan's side.

Even if we do extend him, I think we'll need to have our succession plan in place towards the end of 2024.
To be fair, Cleary has also gotten the better of Hughes and Moses. Unless we roll the dice on someone like Swalker, assuming a player like him is even available, there isn't much around in the way of halves.

EDIT: I also think he will be more valuable to us as a coach post-footy if we can keep him around.

I absolutely reckon we should extend him.
He is one of the best in the game regardless of tonights outcome and hard to replace.
He has also expressed his devotion to the Broncos and i 100% believe he means it.

He is a big part of the reason we made it to the GF in the first place and i think he has a few good seasons left in him before we get him coaching our halves.

I absolutely reckon we should extend him.
He is one of the best in the game regardless of tonights outcome and hard to replace.
He has also expressed his devotion to the Broncos and i 100% believe he means it.

He is a big part of the reason we made it to the GF in the first place and i think he has a few good seasons left in him before we get him coaching our halves.
i actually thought he had a really poor year overall with kicking. that's goal kicking as well. i'm sure he'll work on it and will be driven to be better at the broncos. i don't think he'll want to play for another club, so he'll most likely retire anyway

i actually thought he had a really poor year overall with kicking. that's goal kicking as well. i'm sure he'll work on it and will be driven to be better at the broncos. i don't think he'll want to play for another club, so he'll most likely retire anyway
Yea he had ups and downs.
I think its more his experience and knowledge that is his most valuable asset.
Without him, we have a young inexperienced side being led by a young inexperienced half.

Look at Souths as a perfect example.

Anything? Okay

The Beast Ocean GIF by krakenrum

Fuckin oath we do. Pretty clear he's not the best big game player going, at least the coaching staff will be able to work with him on that now.

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Baker/Willison/Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy/Mozer
15. Hetherington
17. Piakura/Te Kura
The question marks over the squad are:

1. Can Mam and Walsh make another big jump with another year of experience?

2. Will Reynolds start to decline at 34?

These 2 are the biggest questions.

3. Can Cobbo and Staggs go up level and make up for what the team loses with Farnworth? Can they make strong runs out of the red zone to get the set off to a good start?

4. Can another front rower stand up the way Flegler had at the back end of the year?

If it's a yes to all four of these, I think they can go one better.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Lozza
  • Manifesto
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.