2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

An updated NRL late mail article has nothing official from the broncos as of yet. My best bet is that this is still very much up in the air thing. Could very well be a case of Marty replicating rooster aggression in opposed sessions and stuff. Sam Williams used to do similar things where he was a master at playing the same style as an opposing half in training to prepare a side (however logic would suggest he wasn’t that good at it otherwise he would have copied it and played nrl).

The biggest issue with the backline was Jack Reed on the wing. Reed was not a popular figure on the forum and fans were not happy to see the compromise - they wanted young Kahu on the wing.

Interestingly, I don't remember too many members pushing for Oates on the wing. Huge was the most vocal member and time proved him right.

Copley was actually relatively popular at the time. He was in career best form and many thought he had found his position in the centres. I still recall making the point that a Copley highlights reel would look more impressive than a Reed, only for Freaky to blow my spot.

Yeah, fans were not happy about having Hoffman in the spine, especially when he started posing with Bulldogs players at the World Cup when he was still contracted with the club. In hindsight, fans should have been happy to let him go. Still, Hoffman didn't last long at fullback and they eventually relented to Hodges who in an ideal world, would have been the fullback post Hunt, but his body couldn't handle it.

Barba also sticks out. He really struggled at the Broncos and had it been anyone else he would have been public enemy #1. However, 2012 bought him a lot of patience and I think 2016 ultimately redeemed that patience, and called into question the Boyd vs. Barba argument that was prevalent at the time.

Ten years, it certainly flies by.

Why Would You Do That Ross Geller GIF

I loved Jack Reed tbh. Arguably the best Ginger we've ever had. Besides maybe P Wal....eh @Mr Fourex ?

He was the greatest numpty to ever pull on the illustrious Broncos number 7 jersey.

Am I mistaken or like some other former Bronco players were his best games against us? You know what I mean, coasts along the season for the opposition but along comes his former club and pulls a big effort out of his ass, then back to cruise mode.
Yeah that's literally all of them

Copley comes close, but he also had a great 2014. Played every game, scored 16 tries and had some of the best foot-work of any centre in the competition that year.
He showed Steve Matai who was boss one game early in his career and I thought he was going to be a super star .

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.