2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Great sign for dolphins fans
In fairness to him he is from England and only ever been at the Broncos and hasn’t started at the Phins yet so the training together part you can’t really have an issue with but the fact it’s at the broncos facility HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

I got no problem with him doing it. It sets a great example to our own lot, and at the same time presents their deficiencies.
Plus its better to part on good terms and keep good relations. He might do a Hodges and find his way back.

Watch the media turn this into a Herbie doing super secret raids at poaching players from under officials noses at super secret training sessions.

Great sign for dolphins fans
Haven't dolphins started preseason training yet??

Surely they've started before us... we were in the GF FFS. Although I thought we wouldn't be back until December.

OR is he now just realising how far away Redcliffe is from Brisbane

Very smart that he made sure all his training gear was not connected to the Broncos. i think Herbie was the better of our two centres and I'd hope if Staggs does not kick on that we are able to somehow get Herbie back to fill Staggs spot as I'm pretty confident that Mariner is going to be an outstanding centre.

Well The Event I am going to starts at 11am goes to 3pm I will take pictures of Adam Reynolds for everyone here. It will be interesting if Corey Parker isn't sour today I will let you all know
Parker's most recent brainfart:

“They need to go through the pain of the Grand Final loss and digest it as a group. I was really against it in 2015, but Wayne was adamant we had to go through the footage as a team to understand where and how it went wrong. We went through the whole game. It was bloody painful. Stubborn me was like, ‘Why are we doing this Wayne, I can’t watch this game again’, but he felt it was important for us to do it. Looking back, I think it really helped. We didn’t make the grand final the next year, but it certainly helped us as a group watching the game together and learning how to be better in similar situations moving forward. I think Kevvie should definitely ask the guys to watch the grand final all over again. They will look back at the tape and when they break down certain moments, they will see the flaws and how they can avoid making the same mistakes in games next season.”​

“The Broncos are in a pretty good spot in terms of their roster and their age. I think this group could benefit from watching the game all over again, especially for the younger blokes. It doesn’t mean they will play in a grand final again next season, but they can certainly benefit as a group and understand what it takes to go all the way. It will help Ezra Mam, Pat Carrigan and Reece Walsh, all the younger guys will be better for reviewing it. The good thing was going through the tape, it was very player driven. Wayne actually didn’t get too involved, we took ownership and you can look at moments where you say, ‘We won’t do that in games next season’. I think they are definitely top-four material next year. Their roster is strong, and they now have self-belief about what they do, but they have to understand it’s not all just handed to you. They earned everything last season and now it starts again. They have to go back to square one and do it all again. The Broncos can certainly make the grand final again, but they have to be prepared to pay the price.”​

“They need to go through the pain of the Grand Final loss and digest it as a group. I was really against it in 2015, but Wayne was adamant we had to go through the footage as a team to understand where and how it went wrong. We went through the whole game. It was bloody painful. Stubborn me was like, ‘Why are we doing this Wayne, I can’t watch this game again’, but he felt it was important for us to do it. Looking back, I think it really helped. We didn’t make the grand final the next year, but it certainly helped us as a group watching the game together and learning how to be better in similar situations moving forward. I think Kevvie should definitely ask the guys to watch the grand final all over again. They will look back at the tape and when they break down certain moments, they will see the flaws and how they can avoid making the same mistakes in games next season.”​

“The Broncos are in a pretty good spot in terms of their roster and their age. I think this group could benefit from watching the game all over again, especially for the younger blokes. It doesn’t mean they will play in a grand final again next season, but they can certainly benefit as a group and understand what it takes to go all the way. It will help Ezra Mam, Pat Carrigan and Reece Walsh, all the younger guys will be better for reviewing it. The good thing was going through the tape, it was very player driven. Wayne actually didn’t get too involved, we took ownership and you can look at moments where you say, ‘We won’t do that in games next season’. I think they are definitely top-four material next year. Their roster is strong, and they now have self-belief about what they do, but they have to understand it’s not all just handed to you. They earned everything last season and now it starts again. They have to go back to square one and do it all again. The Broncos can certainly make the grand final again, but they have to be prepared to pay the price.”​
Not understanding how this is a brain fart (I could be missing something you are alluding to though) at all I agree with everything he said (for once). We had a major capitulation and ignoring it won’t change anything. This group have been pretty good at using past failure as motivation. Improvement every year like we have since 20’ is the result of motivation and hard work. I see this as nothing more than motivation and education. We have a super young side which as a unit that’s their first big game failure they can have any sort of remote learning to come from. Needs to be reviewed.

20231124 110526

Watch the media turn this into a Herbie doing super secret raids at poaching players from under officials noses at super secret training sessions.

The Nine guy was odd, he was filming on his phone then called a camera crew down to Red Hill quickly to get footage of Herbie.

He obviously thought he'd uncovered some sort of pre-season scandal.

People are walking/running/dogs on there all the time.

Not understanding how this is a brain fart (I could be missing something you are alluding to though) at all I agree with everything he said (for once). We had a major capitulation and ignoring it won’t change anything. This group have been pretty good at using past failure as motivation. Improvement every year like we have since 20’ is the result of motivation and hard work. I see this as nothing more than motivation and education. We have a super young side which as a unit that’s their first big game failure they can have any sort of remote learning to come from. Needs to be reviewed.
My mistake: COREY PARKER IS AWESOME

I would hope one of the first things they do in the preseason is watch the footage again as motivation.

Preseason sets the standard for the rest of the year.. our fitness was much improved last year and was a big point of difference compared to other teams. If we have any relaxation on that we might see ourselves dropping down the ladder and then the GF experience and loss starts to become a memory of better times.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Rookie Alan
  • Gaz
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.