2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

I hear you @Santa. Truth be told, he was enormous in the second half of the season.
Let’s not forget though, he threw 3 passes his whole career, 4 of which were hospital passes and the other 5 went to ground. I exaggerate for effect!
I am very confident the new chemistry will mean the work load is shared between the back 5 and we will be an even bigger threat on both sides 🙏🏻🔥
I just hope we don't miss his meters and workrate too much.

Pay attention, 347 game Broncos great Corey Parker has something to say:

“I think they have to pay Reece Walsh a million bucks and probably more actually. If Payne Haas is on $1 million, Walsh has to be on at least $1.1 million. He should be the highest-paid player at the Broncos.”​
“It’s not just his talent on the field, it’s his marketing value off it. It’s simply unbelievable the impact he has had on the Broncos on and off the field. Reece has arrived smack bang in the social-media cycle. My son has a haircut like Reece Walsh and wears hot pink tights because Reece wears them. That’s the impact he has on kids.”​
“I honestly believe Reece will back it up. I can’t see why he wouldn’t. It’s his third season and while the competition starts to work out the good kids a bit, I just can’t see Reece going backwards. He has a great work ethic, he is super competitive and every hurdle he goes to, he jumps. You can’t stop his raw ability.”​
“The big challenge for the Broncos is paying these guys what they deserve, especially if they keep winning. To be honest, I don’t see how they keep all their guys. Kurt Capewell is coming off-contract and he came to the club at a good time, he has been great for Brisbane with his experience, but they can’t keep offering him more money. Jordan Riki is another guy off-contract and I certainly value what he brings to the Broncos with his workrate, he improved a lot last season. Patty Carrigan’s value is going up and then there’s Ezra Mam and Adam Reynolds, who wants to play on in 2025.”​

Adrian Proszenko: The gamble the Broncos need to take to be a success in 2024

ScreenScreenshot 2023 11 26 at 07 31 26 The gamble your NRL club must take to be a success in

Pay attention, 347 game Broncos great Corey Parker has something to say:

“I think they have to pay Reece Walsh a million bucks and probably more actually. If Payne Haas is on $1 million, Walsh has to be on at least $1.1 million. He should be the highest-paid player at the Broncos.”​
“It’s not just his talent on the field, it’s his marketing value off it. It’s simply unbelievable the impact he has had on the Broncos on and off the field. Reece has arrived smack bang in the social-media cycle. My son has a haircut like Reece Walsh and wears hot pink tights because Reece wears them. That’s the impact he has on kids.”​
“I honestly believe Reece will back it up. I can’t see why he wouldn’t. It’s his third season and while the competition starts to work out the good kids a bit, I just can’t see Reece going backwards. He has a great work ethic, he is super competitive and every hurdle he goes to, he jumps. You can’t stop his raw ability.”​
“The big challenge for the Broncos is paying these guys what they deserve, especially if they keep winning. To be honest, I don’t see how they keep all their guys. Kurt Capewell is coming off-contract and he came to the club at a good time, he has been great for Brisbane with his experience, but they can’t keep offering him more money. Jordan Riki is another guy off-contract and I certainly value what he brings to the Broncos with his workrate, he improved a lot last season. Patty Carrigan’s value is going up and then there’s Ezra Mam and Adam Reynolds, who wants to play on in 2025.”​
So consistency only costs 100k

Fletcher Baker:

“I was lucky enough to have a couple of clubs make offers, a bit of interest, and it was either Roosters or Brisbane. I love Roosters and it’s sad to leave the nest but I love the footy up here. It’s a young crew and exciting. To play alongside the crew they’ve got, the forwards, is incredible. I want to get my best pre-season in and make an impression. I want to be in the team and wherever I fit I’ll fit. "​
"Keenan and Flegler are good players. The team they were last year and this year as well, their football complements me as well. I like to play support, ball-play and get quick play-the-balls. If you can do that off Payne Haas, Patty Carrigan and the pretty boys at the back … it’s great footy.”​
“The Broncos weren’t going too good a couple of years ago, but they’ve turned that around massively. You can see how they train, the forwards, the backs, they work so hard and are a tight crew. They’ve got some older heads like Marty, Kurt, Corey Oates and Adam running the ship. It’s really well balanced and exciting."​
“I played the cards right, didn’t I?"​
“The Roosters at the start of this year were in a rough spot and ‘Robbo’ turned that ship around massively. These boys did the same thing. Then Broncos against Melbourne in the finals was good footy. Their completions and the way they can play ad lib football is impressive. I went from one good club to a better club I reckon. I take that back, I’m not going to say the Broncos are better than the Roosters. They’re both great teams."​
“There’s a lot of pressure on the Roosters and that was tough at the start. In 2021 there was a couple of injuries and Robbo and the older boys held that ship so well. I haven’t seen inside this system but they seem to do the same thing.”​
“They’ve obviously lost some good players, but if you look inside these walls there’s some young players coming through and really developing. Hopefully I can play that part as well. They’ve lost good players but also got a lot of potential coming through. I’m trying to make a good impression, being loud and giving it 110 per cent, but I think I’ve got to work up to it. I want to train hard and stay injury-free. Vegas would be a good milestone but hopefully I get there.”​

What’s the go with the broncos logo being black or a really really dark maroon ? I can’t find anything about it

Attachments

• IMG_2020.png
    IMG_2020.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 42
You can see how they train, the forwards, the backs, they work so hard and are a tight crew.

I like to play support, ball-play and get quick play-the-balls.
These 2 comments from baker really excite me about him and the team.

Nothing is more important then hard work and they seem to have finally realised that.

The 2nd comment tells me they didn't just buy a player to fill a hole. They thought about how he would work in the team and so has he.

Payne Haas rookie season was 2019 (3 games in 2018)

That season he won:
Dally M rookie of the year
Dally M prop of the year
Brisbane Broncos Player of the year
Broncos Players Player
Brisbane Broncos Fans Player

Out of 5 full seasons he’s won the following:
  • Gary Balkin Award (Players' Player) x 4
  • Paul Morgan medal (Player of the year) x 4
  • Shane Webke Award (Best forward) x4
The question I have is, how many more awards does Haas need to win before he gets a club award named after himself?

Payne Haas rookie season was 2019 (3 games in 2018)

That season he won:
Dally M rookie of the year
Dally M prop of the year
Brisbane Broncos Player of the year
Broncos Players Player
Brisbane Broncos Fans Player

Out of 5 full seasons he’s won the following:
  • Gary Balkin Award (Players' Player) x 4
  • Paul Morgan medal (Player of the year) x 4
  • Shane Webke Award (Best forward) x4
The question I have is, how many more awards does Haas need to win before he gets a club award named after himself?
If he can snag a few GF wins and plays his whole career at the Broncos i have no doubt he will have something named after him and will be remembered as a generational club legend.

The only thing stopping Haas, Carrigan, Walsh and even a Staggs from being spoken about after they retire in the same breath as Renouf, Tallis, Webke, Locky, Langer, Walters, Lazzo etc are the premiership wins.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • sooticus
  • Gaz
  • Spoon
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.