Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Saxon Innes is insanely quick. The bears attack was a mess all day. They just lost the plot.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Bears v Dolphins 0-0 at HT.

Lots of dropped ball and wrong options but some great defence too.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Dolphins 13-4.

What a strange game- Burt to ring Kevvie on the way home- Rogers can't be 18th man anymore.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Frei sent off for eye gouging. The ref called on the ground manager to take a photo of Hamiliton eye straight away.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yikes, haven’t seen an eye gouge get that treatment for a while

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yikes, haven’t seen an eye gouge get that treatment for a while

I've never seen any of that before, there was a tackle over near the sideline and all the Bears react, Hamiliton is 20m away and runs to the scuffle- then comes out of pointing at his eye.

A few Bears were wild.

Hamiliton gets called out and makes his accusation- calls out ground manager and Hamiliton gets sin binned for running in.

Frei called out and sent.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
TPJ seemed to be head down and run mode on Friday, no mistakes and minimal off-loads just made ground.

No penalties.

It didn't help Souths too much who just kept letting the Pride score soft tries. Duffy and Clifford's tries were very easy but at least it shows some sort of maturity in his football.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
How did he play?

The try was good, I like it when a hooker knows when to run and the Pride markers stuffed up.

Souths are such a rabble at the moment that he's defending well and taking a chance when it comes up. That may only be once a game though.

Nice set up for the Semu try, Mozer let him go three times before he went to him.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't think there's any player that frustrates me more than Paix.

Could be the answer to the Broncos problems if he learned to run the ball more, but just seems to be content getting through 80 minutes. Feel like if he played more like Kerrod, he'd be in the 17 easy. Say what you want about Billy, he knows what his dad is after and has two uncles who know a little something about the position.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Purdue report @Big Pete

Gets the ball one off the ruck, I can't see what he saw- few slow Hunters but not too bad. Looks out but goes straight back in towards the A.

Straight off his left and then off his right, in the clear fullback and winger come to get him, changes direction again and scores halfway between the posts and sideline under a defender, he has stepped three times, beaten five and run 40m

Context of the game, Cutters behind 26-10 with 23 to go, Cutters get the ball on their own line, one ruck and Purdue goes to dummy half, you assume to throw it to a forward to ruck it out- nuh goes the blind and runs 70m.

Four rucks later Cutters score and convert-26-16- 19 to go.

Cutters pressing, Purdue nearly pokes through on the right takes two to stop him and Cutters score on the left with gaps everywhere.

Hunters 26-22-12 minutes to go.

Cutters going down the right hand side, now interesting Purdue gets really frustrated the ruck before he clearly wanted something and the run didn't get it done.

Next ruck runs straight again ball in two hands. off his right and in the clear. Slows down and gets to the fullback to give it to Shibasaki to score under the posts.

Cutters up by two with 10 minutes to go.

Cutters score twice in the last six minutes to win 40-26.

Purdue
80 minutes
1 try
1 try assist
7 tackle breaks
3 line breaks
16 tackles
3 missed
210m

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I don't think there's any player that frustrates me more than Paix.

Could be the answer to the Broncos problems if he learned to run the ball more, but just seems to be content getting through 80 minutes. Feel like if he played more like Kerrod, he'd be in the 17 easy. Say what you want about Billy, he knows what his dad is after and has two uncles who know a little something about the position.

I sometimes think he wants it to be 1987.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Strong chance Periera doesn't play again in 24.
Can the Broncos bring other players into their squad if they have several players out for the season or is the squad capped at 30

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Can the Broncos bring other players into their squad if they have several players out for the season or is the squad capped at 30
They're allowed 36 players on NRL deals (Top 30 have to be on a minimum of 130K, then you have six players on second tier which is a minimum of 80K). Beyond that you're allowed to sign players on training contracts where they're allowed in the ball park of $1000 per week. These players are eligible to be selected from Round 11 without restrictions.

Clubs don't have to have 30 top tier and 6 second tier players at all times. As long as they hit certain thresholds, they're allowed to be flexible with their salary cap. However they have to have a full squad of 30 by late July/early August.

Clubs have grown wise to this and will offer struggling players per rata loan deals if they have injury concerns (eg. SBW, TPJ, Nofoaluma etc.)

So Brisbane could easily overlook Israel Leota and bring in an Ethan Quai-Ward, Creedence Toia, Sione Hopoate etc. if they deem it necessary. The NRL also seems relatively lax on training contracts, Lachlan Hubner was allowed to debut in the Battle of Brisbane despite the Dolphins having other NRL contracted players available. If you ask nicely and it's only a short term situation, they tend to allow those exemptions.

A

Alihaider

Apr 25, 2023
I would honestly say I watched mozer play over the weekend he looked solid Walters needs to persist with him and put him in the team because he has the potential to unlock our forwards

Unread

Active Now

• Emanon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BRC088
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • RolledOates
  • Astro
  • Ondi
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • BruiserMk1
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.