Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If he stays at the Bears, he wins, plays finals, learns from Hamiliton and Rogers but at best plays off the bench and a game sometimes this year. But if he goes to Souths, he's more likely to play 80 minutes but he's not playing finals and not winning a lot.

At this stage of his career, I think my personal preference would be that he stayed at the Bears for at least the remainder of this year, maybe look at moving him next season for a starting spot

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I'd assume the preferred approach wouldve been Burleigh this year to learn and maybe get a game here and there, and then move him to Souths next year to start playing regular first grade games.

Have they potentially just fast tracked that because Souths are just running out of players?

Maybe not ideal to disrupt a development plan due to injuries at an affiliate though

Kelly being out played a part.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Hard balance, Souths have a spot but are they good for a players development? Winning or losing 42-38 every week doesn’t prepare you for NRL. I think development wise he’d be better at Bears or Wynnum- strong clubs that always win and great forwards but getting 80 minutes it’s Magpies.

I’m not a massive fan of three clubs in 12 months either.
is he still with bears or is it a permanent switch?

When it comes to development even if the team is iffy, I wouldn't question it atm given the track record of our players coming from there atleast.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Petero Civoniceva Medal standings after Round 12​

NameTeamPoints
Gerome BurnsNorths Devils13
Thomas DuffyNorthern Pride12
Tristan SailorSouths Logan Magpies11
Matthew WrightTownsville Blackhawks11
Max BaileyRedcliffe Dolphins10
Sam CosterBurleigh Bears10
Bryce DonovanWynnum Manly Seagulls9
Cody HunterSunshine Coast Falcons9
Jesse JenningsCentral Queensland Capras9

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
is he still with bears or is it a permanent switch?

When it comes to development even if the team is iffy, I wouldn't question it atm given the track record of our players coming from there atleast.

Nothing is permanent, Hetherington played for Wynnum and then Souths the next week last year getting him a run.

I wouldn't be moving him again this year and I'd say the plan will be Souths now.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
keen to see bukowski play this going to be televised?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yep. Captain, tops the tackle count, wears head gear works himself into the ground every game on the right hand side- great little step.
Very keen on him as a prospect. Hopefully he can get a debut in Q cup later this year.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Bears started well but fell apart, Leo's try on the right was sensational but that was the only positive.

Baker went 28 minutes.

Active Now

• Dash
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • jd87
  • Canga
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.