2024 State of Origin discussion

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Young wasnt picked.

Foxsports headline was initially "two nsw stars dropped". So out of Young, McInnes and Hynes I wonder who they forgot about.

Connor Watson is the man on the bench for Young, I didn't even notice. Only thing he offers is versatility. Better selection though given Young offers nothing off the bench.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
IMO....

Edwards was first choice, so no surprise.
With Cleary out, Moses was first choice, so no real surprise.
The spot of contention was the 6 for mine and Luai was far better in game 1 than Nicho and has been better in the club games since. So not shocked.
As good as McInnes is, Watson offers far more from the bench.
Latrell in for Sualehehehe is a no brainer as well.

Strong side for mine.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It’s a strong side for sure. Depends if they show up and that’s the same for Qld too. Trell Mitchell could be anything on the night. He’s hard to stop close to the line at center.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Looks like a much better side. Mccinnes is a great club man but I don't think he's up to rep level. Was really hoping they'd leave Latrell out.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Have they not selected Burton at 18th man because of the blow ups from the dogs??

Watson covers a fair bit, but if they lost a centre, wing or fullback they'd be better off with Burton at least at 18th man

Not sure they need a prop / 2nd row at 18th man... the forwards they picked can mostly play long minutes and cover edge if needed

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Not really worried about Trell tbh. Obviously a threat in attack, but the speed in our backline should expose him in defence and he’s allergic to tough carries

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Rumours around that Cobbo is either injured or will be cut for this game?? Would be staggered if he was dropped. Can’t see QLD making any changes unless they’re forced.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
He can kick 60 metres but .
let it go GIF

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not really worried about Trell tbh. Obviously a threat in attack, but the speed in our backline should expose him in defence and he’s allergic to tough carries
More concerned about Latrell being the Suaalii this time around.

He comes in hard, but he's pretty reckless in general and hasn't played centre for a long time now... can definitely see him ironing Reece out ... except from incompetence this time

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The last time QLD had a chance to wrap up the series at MCG, they lost. That was the 26-18 loss in 2015.

We haven't won at MCG since we wrapped up the '95 series.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Rumours around that Cobbo is either injured or will be cut for this game?? Would be staggered if he was dropped. Can’t see QLD making any changes unless they’re forced.

Only change being reported is Kaufusi in for Hopgood.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't know why there is such a hard-on for Moses.

He's had two auditions and he failed both but he's still selected lol.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I don't know why there is such a hard-on for Moses.

He's had two auditions and he failed both but he's still selected lol.

Probably because Hynes is getting a bit of a reputation for falling to pieces in big games / moments.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • davidp
  • Midean
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behold
  • HarryAllan7
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.