2024 State of Origin - Game I Discussion

Apparently at the NSW origin lunch this week, Freddy went on and on about how NSW have to "hurt" and "kill" Walsh, and to do it through any means possible.

Source : random reddit mod on the NRL sub.
That sounds like bullshit. Fittler is one of the guys in the media that is especially harsh on high hits.

That sounds like bullshit. Fittler is one of the guys in the media that is especially harsh on high hits.
Yep, he was tonight as well.
Was spooky when Fatty was saying the send off was overboard and Freddy was saying it was deserved.

Apparently at the NSW origin lunch this week, Freddy went on and on about how NSW have to "hurt" and "kill" Walsh, and to do it through any means possible.

Source : random reddit mod on the NRL sub.

If that's true then **** yourself Fittler, you banked on Klown not having the guts to send a player off and it blew up in your face.

If that's true then **** yourself Fittler, you banked on Klown not having the guts to send a player off and it blew up in your face.
We know how good Walsh is in attack, every teams coach knows it, and they all plan on shutting him down, which is fine, but some individual players are stooping to dirty shit to get that done.

Its not good.

Yeah, really hope they stick with Hynes. An inanimate carbon rod shows more spark and guile than Hynes.
I feel like Moses at 7 and Hynes at 6 could still be dangerous.

Luai is hard for the attack to plan around, because he steps back off his left so much now that it basically takes the left side attack out of the game.

Hynes played 6 and fullback a lot for the storm before getting his massive payday to play 7... if they have someone else covering the game management and kicking then he can be a much more conventional 6 on the left side of the field... Madge might like that more given he's more of an NRL coach.

He really does suffer under pressure though... hasn't won a finals game at sharks and has crumbled in origin twice now.

Yep, he was tonight as well.
Was spooky when Fatty was saying the send off was overboard and Freddy was saying it was deserved.
Vautin always tries to be impartial for television. Talks up NSW too as much as possible. I think he is going a bit far the other way instead of just calling what he says.

Fear for Walsh, teams are going to try and jam in and unfortunateley won't be last time he will be KO'ed.
Can see NSW winning game 2

The other thing. They need to sack the whole nine commentary team. Throw the kitchen sink at vossy to come commentate origin. No excitement or anticipation built all game and absolutely no humour.
Vossy is just as hopeless. This guy should be the origin commentator:

It was such a shame that Suaalii's tackle virtually ruined the game. It certainly affected the Maroons attack and the few tries they laid on were fairly soft. At 20-6, it seemed like they were expecting Grant to inspire their attack but Harry had another mediocre Origin game.

I thought the Maroons defended fairly well in general. In the end both Blues tries came off of improvised plays and required kicks to score. The Maroons should have defended both kicks better mind you, but the efforts on Leniu and Crichton in particular were really pleasing.

I still see too much Penrith in NSW. That Coates try was DCE doing his home-work and knowing the play better than Yeo. I can't question Hynes' effort, but they had him play like Cleary. What happened to the short-side raids? When Nicho is at his best, he's all about making that extra man and doing a Lockyer impression he isn't a Cleary type who is playing the percentages and thinking two steps ahead.

Admittedly the Maroons attack wasn't at it's scintillating best either. The Maroons struggled to unlock that right side and the left hardly offered Tommy any good lines. I was relieved to see Tommy back himself at the death and pull a JT - if nothing else it shows he's one of the fittest players in the league and you need that in those championship minutes.

1-0, fingers crossed everyone pulls through and the Maroons can put the series to rest in Melbourne.

Forget Suaalii for a second, I was livid over the Leniu HIA.

He had hands on hips as early as the second minute of the second half, he's doing the bare minimum for the team and when his halfback wants him to run he hands it off to Angus completely ruining the set-up. One legs tackle on Cobbo and that was enough to get an HIA?

And this is why Origin is fucken shit.
Love the game, the spectacle, the level and intensity…. Blah blah blah….
It’s great for our player’s development and a huge reward to be picked, sure.

HOW THE F*CK is all the above worth it, when the Broncos lose a key player for 2 NRL games now?! 2 games that I have no doubt we easily win with Walsh and no Reynolds.

Does anyone remember or care who won Origin in 2006? Rhetorical question.
I know who won the premiership, that’s for sure…..

Yeah, really hope they stick with Hynes. An inanimate carbon rod shows more spark and guile than Hynes.

Picture of Hynes.

Fuuuuuck me dead I am still livid at the hit on Walsh. Kevvie needs to grow a pair and put a stop to it. That is two big occasion games just this year that he has been intentionally taken out of now.
In case you don't know.. Kevy isn't the coach of the origin team.......

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • davidp
  • Tmac
  • Redux
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
  • Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • phoenix
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Muros
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.