2024 State of Origin - Game I Discussion

Billy being cold as ice in this presser.

100% by doing this he is shining a spotlight on the tactic of targeting Walsh illegally.
Nah I feel like he should've gone harder... he laughed off right at the end... Reece is one of his attacking weapons and as soon as he lost him he had to go down to the sideline to give Hammer directions.

Jamming in recklessly and taking out fullbacks ... who are pretty consistently the primary attacking threat for teams... has to be stamped out.

Go for your life if you hit them in the ribs, but if you want to jam in and you make contact to the head ... especially when the pass is already gone ... you should be fucking punished hard

I can only imagine they wanted a bit of potency in the middle, Jake's a great player, a high effort player. Not known for this bullocking runs though, more so his defense and high effort plays in the smaller areas of the game.
Yeah I guess they shifted because they needed points

Harry won't play that poorly again. I remember Cam Smith one year being dirty on himself for having an ordinary game in Origin. Next game he destroyed the blues.
Thats a very positive spin.........

Nah I feel like he should've gone harder... he laughed off right at the end... Reece is one of his attacking weapons and as soon as he lost him he had to go down to the sideline to give Hammer directions.

Jamming in recklessly and taking out fullbacks ... who are pretty consistently the primary attacking threat for teams... has to be stamped out.

Go for your life if you hit them in the ribs, but if you want to jam in and you make contact to the head ... especially when the pass is already gone ... you should be fucking punished hard
Agreed, however Billy seemed legit livid at the tackle, and refusing to talk about it when asked if it was a deliberate tactic shines a light on it.

Thanks. Yeah that first replay looks like he got him good. The other angle I couldnt tell in normal speed. The whiplash was violent and his head hitting the ground I reckon does just ad much damage. Will be interesti g to see what he gets. Probably 3 or 4 if he has no priors.
He has dangerous contact charges everywhere for raising his knee in tackles every second hitup... but his priors won't mean shit in Sydney.

Agreed, however Billy seemed legit livid at the tackle, and refusing to talk about it when asked if it was a deliberate tactic shines a light on it.
I can tell that he's pissed about it, but I think being quiet lets others control the narrative.

Madge has had his say, Jake has had his say... media has had their say "brave effort, accidental, etc.".. and Billy's say is I'll keep that to myself.

Narrative is gone now.... need Kevvie to step up now and call it out... which he can because he already called it out and now it's come to fruition again... but they may not talk to him until Friday after Captain's run

If that doesn't happen then we'll just have to wait until someone takes Papy's head off, because then NSW media might actually give a shit

Yep, you could see the fencing response immediately.
Bloke for sure has some level of concussion, probably mild, but not good in any case.

I'm not convinced we treat "concussions" the right way. I don't know that you can determine in a 15 minute window whether or not someone is truly concussed unless it's so bad that it's obvious.

You see true concussions in the NHL, players are gone for months.

As someone mentioned, it's like Billy knew Walsh was going to get fucked over hard so needed cover for it.

I'm not convinced we treat "concussions" the right way. I don't know that you can determine in a 15 minute window whether or not someone is truly concussed unless it's so bad that it's obvious.

You see true concussions in the NHL, players are gone for months.
100%, nasty concussions can take hours, and even days to show up.

When your arms and fingers go all stiff like that, it means your brainstem has taken a solid bounce and is a huge part of how guys end up with CTE.
Even if he passes all his tests over the next week you need to rest him, because it gets really ugly if he comes out next week and gets KO'd again.
He has now had two massive head shots this season and any more and he starts getting into Ponga/Keary territory.

Apparently at the NSW origin lunch this week, Freddy went on and on about how NSW have to "hurt" and "kill" Walsh, and to do it through any means possible.

Source : random reddit mod on the NRL sub.

Hynes was pretty bad, nsw were lost in attack. Moses big in for them
Yeah, really hope they stick with Hynes. An inanimate carbon rod shows more spark and guile than Hynes.

I still don't know how Hynes racks up 100+ supercoach points every other week.

From Twitter :
AATEDDY

Yeah, really hope they stick with Hynes. An inanimate carbon rod shows more spark and guile than Hynes.

I think he earned his opportunity, he was the last man standing to a degree, the last halfback standing anyway.

They will bring in Moses for Game 2, he just has to have a couple of semi-decent games for Parra, his long kicking game is superior to Hynes.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • phoenix
  • davidp
  • winslow_wong
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Muros
  • TimWhatley
  • Bronx48
  • MrMoore
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.