2024 State of Origin - Game I Discussion

Ben Hunt 10 v Harry Grant 3. As soon as Hunt came back on we looked much more dangerous with the ball and possibly Grant's worse game for the Maroons.

Carrigan as usual did a mountain of work, I thought Haas played better the longer the game went on so hopefully he's over that leg injury he's been carrying. The Hammer was his usual brilliant self and Cobbo had some damaging runs but also some air swings in defence.

Having Cobbo on the bench proved to be a masterstroke from Billy in whom we trust.
Harry won't play that poorly again. I remember Cam Smith one year being dirty on himself for having an ordinary game in Origin. Next game he destroyed the blues.

I reckon NSW were willing to sacrifice 10 mins in the bin to take Walsh out for the game but it backfired badly.

Exactly right my friend, and if Walsh had been ruled out under the 10 day rule we lose him for the Broncos for 2 games as well. IT IS FUCKED. HE IS BEING TARGETED TO BE TAKEN OUT. PLAYER WELFARE NRL HELLO ANYONE

Playing Jake Trbojevic for 25mins is so weird. He isn't effective unless he is playing big mins. He either doesn't play at all or plays at least 60. Yeo also needs to be playing big mins. Leniu fitsnin because of his impact. Point of difference. What I liked about Hopgood today despite not liking it initially. Different kind of player.

Billy being cold as ice in this presser.

100% by doing this he is shining a spotlight on the tactic of targeting Walsh illegally.

Anybody got a still shot of that hit? I think he got him but the more I look at it the more I think it wasn't as bad as I initially thought. He might only get 2 or 3 weeks.

Madge "it was a line call"

**** off... you tell them to target him and then complain when fucking rules are applied... this could be a moment in the game, but will it... all I've heard in the presser is about the occasion, etc. from both Madge and Jurbo.

It's forceful shoulder contact to the head, after he's passed it and Suaalii is off the ground... where else was he going to fucking hit him

Walsh has been taken out twice in 10 games now. It will become a tactic if it's not stamped out

Anybody got a still shot of that hit? I think he got him but the more I look at it the more I think it wasn't as bad as I initially thought. He might only get 2 or 3 weeks.

Wry happy with the result. Tbh I thought all week that NSW would win. Never been happier to be wrong.

Billy being cold as ice in this presser.

100% by doing this he is shining a spotlight on the tactic of targeting Walsh illegally.

he is furious about that hit ... he's leaving absolutely no doubt about it, despite refusing to answer questions both during the game and at the presser

Thanks. Yeah that first replay looks like he got him good. The other angle I couldnt tell in normal speed. The whiplash was violent and his head hitting the ground I reckon does just ad much damage. Will be interesti g to see what he gets. Probably 3 or 4 if he has no priors.

Playing Jake Trbojevic for 25mins is so weird. He isn't effective unless he is playing big mins. He either doesn't play at all or plays at least 60. Yeo also needs to be playing big mins. Leniu fitsnin because of his impact. Point of difference. What I liked about Hopgood today despite not liking it initially. Different kind of player.

I can only imagine they wanted a bit of potency in the middle, Jake's a great player, a high effort player. Not known for this bullocking runs though, more so his defense and high effort plays in the smaller areas of the game.

If you told me Queensland wins 38-10 in Sydney I think winning series guaranteed, don't have that feeling Atm.

Active Now

• barker
  • Jason Simmons
  • Battler
  • Swordfish
  • kwomo
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Reds2011
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • marw
  • Allo
  • mrslong
  • whykickamoocow
  • theshed
  • mrtij
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Bronco bob
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.