2024 State of Origin - Game I Discussion

I dont like the treatment Walshy got, but lets not kid ourselves the best players in the game have always been targeted and bashed legally and illegally. In recent times i can still remember that dog shot Kasiano put on JT, or this dog shot Barret put on Inglis ( about 1.30 in )

If NSW ever go with a Cleary and Moses halves pairing it be quite freighting
Elite kickers and great runners if ball.

I agree. In the Walsh/May incident Reece missed 5 weeks how many did May miss?
In last night's incident The shitstain is looking at 4 weeks with an early plea and Reece is looking at 3 games (if you count last night's), and it's the Broncos who have to wear the cost of player welfare, emotional and mental welfare as well as the burden it puts on the team of having to cover for the loss of their number one attacking option.. The NRL needs to send a clear message that this sort of shit is not worth it.

Les Boyd (NSW) breaks Darryl Browman's (QLD)
Mark Geyer (NSW) elbow to the face of Paul Hauff (QLD)
Brett White (NSW) knocks out Steve Price (QLD) Justin Poore (NSW) then comes over and lifts the unconscious price up by the scruff of the neck and drops him.
Suualii (NSW) tries to relocate Reece Walsh's head (QLD)

There is quite an easy discernible pattern here. Cockroaches think they can do what they like on the field and somehow think they are immune to the consequences. They have never played the game on a fair dinkum basis. They always have to resort to thuggery because they just don't get the idea of bleeding FOR your state.

You can say I'm biased here but look at the times shit has happened and invariably it's the NSW player who is dishing out the dog act. It's in their DNA to cheat.

That try that was taken off us last night as 'knock-on' Cam Smith called it that he caught the ball first so the bunker had no right to adjudicate on it as a knock on. the rest of the commentary team said zilch!

What a waste of talent Les Boyd was .
One of the most explosive ball runners I`ve ever seen and had a sleight of hand that many halves would envy .
Then he elbowed Brohman and started on a serial eye gouge campaign . Leading to him being suspended out of the game .

I dont like the treatment Walshy got, but lets not kid ourselves the best players in the game have always been targeted and bashed legally and illegally. In recent times i can still remember that dog shot Kasiano put on JT, or this dog shot Barret put on Inglis ( about 1.30 in )

**** i hate Barret.
One of my favorite RL moments was when he tried to tackle Petro on the line and got knocked the **** out on his hip.
Was beautiful.

Still waiting on 1910 to show me this "oh so concerned Sua'li'i" Instagram post he is talking about.
Ive scoured his Insta and he doesn't mention Walsh once.

If its not on his Insta, then its more than likely PR doctors doing their thing.

Still waiting on 1910 to show me this "oh so concerned Sua'li'i" Instagram post he is talking about.
Ive scoured his Insta and he doesn't mention Walsh once.

If its not on his Insta, then its more than likely PR doctors doing their thing.
He said in an interview today he wishes Reece well and plans to reach out to him.

Will Suaalii have the shortest origin career in history... Just 7.5 minutes

He'll miss the second game suspended, so ...
Hopefully he plays game 3 so he can cop the full wrath of the brisbane crowd

I'd agree with most of that (just not the take him out at all costs angle, but not far off either - hurt him and his confidence, limiting his impact). It's not malicious, just reckless. From a guy that's on debut and with a bit of a point to prove on whether he should've even been selected in the first place with him going to union next year.

Just got it completely wrong and he paid the ultimate price in the moment. Sent off after 7mins, in the history books forever, costs his state the game and probable series, and now misses a month of club football in his final year. No doubt if he had his moment again he'd do it differently.

I think too (and certainly not excusing it) but......if Reece stays on his feet
he gets Sualli's shoulder in the ribs instead of the head

He said in an interview today he wishes Reece well and plans to reach out to him.
That's cool and all, but 1910 said my instagram comment was untrue, so I linked it.
Still yet to see Sua'li'i wish Walsh well outside of forum posts in here with no links.

The instagram post was the first remarks Sua'li'i made after last night, and that's all I was referring to with my post, which for some reason 1910 refuted.

I think too (and certainly not excusing it) but......if Reece stays on his feet
he gets Sualli's shoulder in the ribs instead of the head
He didn't drop that much and Suali was still on an upward trajectory when he hit Walsh, so it still might have been high. Hard to tell, you can see here how far he dropped. The bright red line at the top is where his head was before he lost his footing. I think a lot of it was just a tall guy not going low enough on a small guy who runs low to the ground too.

The tackler has to leave a larger margin for error than Suali did there

Reece walsh

I still think the dumbest idea i've seen for a while is this nonsense where if you get a player sent off, you can replace him with your 18th man but the sent off player cant play a part in the game. How stupid is that. Thats rewarding ill discipline, and you could easily but some barely NRL standard player in the team to take out a star player on another team. Crazy stuff.

The NRL media is so bad and incredibly dumb. You just keep hearing about how it’s Origin so we can’t have guys being sent off!
I've watched a few different YouTube podcasts on it. Matty Johns, Denan Kemp and Guru all agree.
Mason said it wrecks the game but Horro brang up a good point that Lockyer said to him and that was if it happened in the 73th minute there wouldnt be much talk on it.

No matter the time of the game or the occasion or whether Walsh slipped or not it's a send off. If that's not a send off then what is in origin?
If it's only 10 in the Bin then to take out a key player like Walsh and only lose a player for 10 mins that's when it starts to become a tactic for teams moving forward.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Tim K
  • Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • Redux
  • LittleDavey
  • davidp
  • phoenix
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Muros
  • Bronx48
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.