2024 State of Origin - Game I Discussion

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If Walsh wants to run into the line the way he does he’s going to get clobbered every now and then, he slipped.

You weren't watching something that the rest of us weren't mate. We know what happened, we saw it, and it was a send off. Any day of the week. You coming in here to reply to comments with the sole intention of pissing people is not going to be welcome. Go away.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If Walsh wants to run into the line the way he does he’s going to get clobbered every now and then, he slipped.
IMG 1626

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
You weren't watching something that the rest of us weren't mate. We know what happened, we saw it, and it was a send off. Any day of the week. You coming in here to reply to comments with the sole intention of pissing people is not going to be welcome. Go away.
is this a forum or an echo chamber? I said it immediately as it happened, I didn't conjure up a scheme to piss people off.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
is this a forum or an echo chamber? I said it immediately as it happened, I didn't conjure up a scheme to piss people off.

You have created this personality for yourself, not us. Go play in another thread.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
We know how good Walsh is in attack, every teams coach knows it, and they all plan on shutting him down, which is fine, but some individual players are stooping to dirty shit to get that done.

Its not good.

OH FFS !
What a load of rubbish .

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
OH FFS !
What a load of rubbish .
LOL you think its rubbish that coaches tell their players to put pressure on Walsh, our most dangerous attack, and shut him down?
Holy shit mate.

Are you telling me Taylan May didnt stoop to dirty shit to shut down Walsh? Or how about three late hits in three touches of the football last night?

Naaaah you are right, a total load of rubbish /eyeroll

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
the left hardly offered Tommy any good lines. I was relieved to see Tommy back himself at the death and pull a JT

I saw Selwyn point at the hole / defender Dearden busted through .
The defenders would have been freaking out . Oh no here he comes again and that caused the defenders to concentrate on Selwyn .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
LOL you think its rubbish that coaches tell their players to put pressure on Walsh, our most dangerous attack, and shut him down?
Holy shit mate.

Are you telling me Taylan May didnt stoop to dirty shit to shut down Walsh? Or how about three late hits in three touches of the football last night?

Naaaah you are right, a total load of rubbish /eyeroll

Madge ; Yeah Joe just like we rehearsed at training .
You know what to do . LOL .

Putting pressure and deliberate attacks to the head are very different things .

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Madge ; Yeah Joe just like we rehearsed at training .
You know what to do . LOL .
LOL you are dense.

They know its origin so a send off is unlikely, this was the 6th send off in Origin history.
Both Benny Elias and Freddy have been reported and quoted as saying the game-plan is to smash, demolish, hurt and even kill Walsh.

What kind of moronic coach wouldn't coach their team to shut down the oppositions most dangerous playmaker?
Like, do you have even the most basic understanding of footy because you are the only guy in this whole thread who seems to think this isn't the way it happens?

Obviously (cant believe i have to spell this out slowly for you) they are not coaching them to go out and do shit to get sent off, but they also would have been clear that a send off in Origin is unlikely, so go in hard and even risk the bin if it means taking out the most dangerous guy on the opposition team.

Is this really going over your head?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Walsh slipped into him…
Yep people saying it was deliberate are wrong .
He meant to hit Walsh before he passed .Walsh executed like a boss . Then Walsh slipped and dropped to the level of Sualliii`s Shoulder .
Accident .

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Nah you are right Big Del, what was everyone except you thinking???

"The Blues came out with a clear plan to physically target the Queensland fullback, but it backfired badly when Suaali’i was sent off just seven minutes into his Origin debut."

NSW greats Benny Elias and Mark ‘Spud’ Carroll have urged the Blues to target Queensland fullback Reece Walsh.

“We will physically obliterate this bloke from the first minute. Walsh is a superstar, no doubt, and he is loved by all those people north of the border.

“But the bombs will be high and when your eyes and hands are waiting for the ball, you’re exposed. He will know about it.

“Walsh will be absolutely terrorised and it will be more physical than a couple of punches."

So tell me Del? How do you plan on dealing with the oppositions most dangerous player? Go easy on him all night? Or tell your boys to smash him at every opportunity, and even risk the bin if it means shutting him down?

Go on, i'll wait.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
He meant to hit Walsh before he passed .Walsh executed like a boss . Then Walsh slipped and dropped to the level of Sualliii`s Shoulder .
Accident .
Meaning to hit someone before they pass? Except he didn't hit him before he passed? WTF is this nonsense?
You could apply this "logic" to every bad tackle in the game?

"he meant to hit him below the chin"
"he didn't mean to tip him beyond the horizontal"
"he didn't mean to come in late"

Intentions don't mean shit when you get it wrong and preform a reckless, dangerous and late hit.
Sua li'i left the ground, having no control over the tackle = reckless.
Sua li'i hit him late after Walsh had passed = careless.
Sua li'i hit him directly in the head with his shoulder = dangerous. (regardless of Walsh slipping)

Head contact is penalized every game accident or not, but put all these factors together with the undeniable evidence that the plan was to physically shut Walsh out of the game and you have a send off, which NSW were 100% not counting on because of the low prevalence of send offs on the Origin stage.

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021

Accident .

You two just seem to want to die on interesting hills to look 'radical' or 'cool'

T

The Boss

NYC Player
Feb 15, 2016
Most people upset with send off are upset game was over after 7 minutes.
Hard to evaluate game for either coach playing at such a huge disadvantage.
Regardless if you think send off was the correct call. Was nsw defence really that bad even they conceded 38 points? Was Queensland attack that good?
NSW were winning arm wrestle most of second half until fatigue set it.

Active Now

• Behold
  • Swordfish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Painin the Haas
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • Lostboy
  • Santa
  • davidp
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Howie
  • broncos4life
  • Shane Tronc
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.