2024 State of Origin - Game II Discussion

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Glad Cobbo didn't play in that tbh.

I'm not sure which players we could bring in that would make a difference tbh. I've always preferred Val on a wing, but who do we bring in at center to replace him? Especially now that the Hammer seems to have damaged his AC joint.

We really lack a psycho in the middle like a Martin or Spencer as well...what I wouldn't give for a Carl Webb right about now. We definitely need some bigger bodies in the middle regardless, we were monstered...easily Haas's best game in a blues jersey.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Tuilagi too tbh.

That said I get the hostage situation we are in with Holmes given the lack of Goal kickers for QLD but still Walsh can do the job and DCE while mid at it can do a job if needed as backup.
Taulagi has been very good in both games. Was one one of the best in the 1st game. Been great for us since he had been back too. I understand the Holmes piece. He has been ordinary all year.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Jensen in for Kaufusi/Capewell
Fifita in for Su'a
Cobbo/Gagai in for Holmes

As expected NSW absolutely bullied us, we need more size in the back as we don't have the outside backs who are good at working it out of trouble.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jensen in for Kaufusi/Capewell
Fifita in for Su'a
Cobbo/Gagai in for Holmes

As expected NSW absolutely bullied us, we need more size in the back as we don't have the outside backs who are good at working it out of trouble.
Jensen doesn't help us. He is an undersized prop like Cotter but without the Athleticism.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
You do know we are actually in front of you guys on the ladder for what it is worth. What do the Cowboys have anything to do with it? Nobody was good.
According to Fox Sports ladder .. cowboys are one spot below the Broncos?

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The ground announcer was shocking.

Food was bad, this cost me $16.50.

View attachment 28428
Yeeeeah wtf was with those slow and out of time Queeeenslander................Queeeeenslander chants he'd play to get people to chant but then nobody would be able to because he doesn't know how to chant.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We need metres and reliable defence. We got walked through up the middle last night. We are a prop short, and he is the next best available.
We need size off the bench. I don't know if another smaller prop will work in the origin arena. Cotter is already out there playiing big minutes. We'd be better off having him on an edge for 20 minutes and having Collins paired with Foteaukia

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
We need size off the bench. I don't know if another smaller prop will work in the origin arena. Cotter is already out there playiing big minutes. We'd be better off having him on an edge for 20 minutes and having Collins paired with Foteaukia
I'll take skill over size, not picking a lesser player just because of his body size. Jensen is short, but he's not exactly small, he is a big unit. Who exactly is there to pick as a big body, anyway?

I'm going with this;

Jensen/Fotuaika
Hunt
Cotter
Fifita
Kaufusi/Nanai
Carrigan

Grant
Collins
Fotuaika/Jensen
Fermor

I'd be starting Jensen or Mo so we have Collins come on to actually have some impact off the bench. Fermor covers centres and edges, can move Fifita or Kaufusi into the middle if needed. Thinking of it, I'd be considering Arrow, but he seems to be taped together at the moment.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I don't understand the hate Walsh is getting. How the holy hell are you meant to do anything with the ball when your forward pack is getting absolutely dominated and, in addition, the ref has gifted NSW with bulk possession? He was out of position in defence a few times, but the turnstiles in the front line were more concerning.

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Rowdy124
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.