PLAYER Fletcher Baker

Willison not playing because he made the bench was a crime from round 1, not only is he a better middle he is a better backrower too.

Plus he Huge as ****.

He's probably a solid front rower but he's no second rower at the moment. Kinda feels like the Broncos might have stuffed up letting Capewell go, in the short term at least (but short term is where the Broncos are well in the premiership contention).

Jury is still out for me.

He's done some good things and some bad thing. arguably more bad than good.

Tonight really isn't the game to be making judgements on anyone. Walsh Hass and Reyno out, make shift centres against probably the best team of the modern era.

I'll give him 6 weeks before making a judgement (especially as he is new to the team, so still trying to Gel with them).

we need more of last week and less of tonight

Jury is still out for me.

He's done some good things and some bad thing. arguably more bad than good.

Tonight really isn't the game to be making judgements on anyone. Walsh Hass and Reyno out, make shift centres against probably the best team of the modern era.

I'll give him 6 weeks before making a judgement (especially as he is new to the team, so still trying to Gel with them).

we need more of last week and less of tonight
Even though many of us would have over hyped Willison I think it's atleast fair to say he should be ahead of Baker even you would agree.

Even though many of us would have over hyped Willison I think it's atleast fair to say he should be ahead of Baker even you would agree.

I agree and I've always agreed.

what i've always been unsure about (and it may have been on Kev's mind also) is Willison's ability to play a full season whether due to fatigue or injury. and i'd much rather we have him fit and firing at the back end of the season rather than the start

I agree and I've always agreed.

what i've always been unsure about (and it may have been on Kev's mind also) is Willison's ability to play a full season whether due to fatigue or injury. and i'd much rather we have him fit and firing at the back end of the season rather than the start
he doesn't have the best record on that, but let em play while they healthy I say.

Alot of it could have been injuries while building his body which he has done dramatically in the last few years, the body gets tense when your growing muscle, he will be maintaining it from now that I can see I doubt he will want to get any bigger.

I'll give him some time, can see him filling a depth role effectively. If Walsh and Reyno are back in next week I'd even like to see what he can do starting and actually staying in the middle.

Were spoiled to have Payne and Pat. Hard acts to follow.

I never expected anything from him beyond being a budget mediocre toiler in the middle. From what we've seen so far, he offers about 10% more than Taupau does. We've had way too much disruption to our normal 17 to be harshly judging him on performances yet, and who the **** do we drop him for? Te Kura? Way to throw the young bloke into the fire.

Had a poor game tonight but in fairness he spent the majority of it out of position. He's a budget Patrick Carrigan, we all saw what happened when Carrigan got shifted to an edge and no surprise we saw a similar effort from Fletcher.

Thought he was better the week before and that was the type of effort I expected from him.

May need a spell. Didn't think much of Hunt's efforts against the Hunters, but Brisbane have little in the way of alternatives.

Had a poor game tonight but in fairness he spent the majority of it out of position. He's a budget Patrick Carrigan, we all saw what happened when Carrigan got shifted to an edge and no surprise we saw a similar effort from Fletcher.

Thought he was better the week before and that was the type of effort I expected from him.

May need a spell. Didn't think much of Hunt's efforts against the Hunters, but Brisbane have little in the way of alternatives.
I agree with most of what you said, but calling Baker a budget Carrigan seems like a bit of an insult to Patty haha.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tmac
  • kiwi2
  • Morkel
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
  • sooticus
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.